limo

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

TMMMM Posts : 2 Registered: 2/28/09
limo
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 12:17 AM

Do I really need a limo for my wedding? My hairstylist is 2 blocks from the ceremony location, and my ceremony location is 6 blocks from my reception location. My friend insists that I need a limo for my wedding day. She says everyone always has a limo or party bus for their wedding party on their wedding day. And I have to admit....I've never been to a wedding where the couple didn't have one. But I think its a waste of money to get a limo to drive everyone around when every place we need to be is within a few blocks of eachother. What do you think?

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: limo
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 2:31 AM Go to message in response to: TMMMM

We're not doing a limo. It's out of our budget and besides we're not really limo people. One of our friends/guests has a 65' Chevy Impala that we'll be using as our getaway car. We thought it'd be fun. My FH was Best man at 2 weddings and neither one had limos or transportation for the wedding party. For one of them, the couple used a dodge viper as their getaway car. It was different and made for some unique photos. I wanted to add: For prom (just a reference to when I would have been in a limo!) we didn't use a limo. My date picked me up in a classic red Mustang that belonged to his uncle. It was way better than going in a limo.

Edited by: mrscreamer2be on Jan 15, 2010 2:32 AM

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 2:52 AM Go to message in response to: TMMMM

I wouldn't have had a limo but it was included with my venue. I would have asked a friend with a nice car to drive us.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 7:30 AM Go to message in response to: TMMMM

Nah, you can skip it. As far as I'm concerned, limos are a big waste of money. And as far as our wedding was concerned, DH and I agreed that limos reminded us of the prom. We have a nice car and decided to drive ourselves.

Here's one good point that my mom made, however: If your dress is big and poofy, you might be better able to fit into a limo in it than into a regular car. My dress was sort of poofy (not ballgown, but A-line with a full skirt) and I fit into the front seat of three different cars, but it was a tight squeeze, and if I had been a bride who was super-concerned about her dress getting wrinkled, I probably would have been pretty uncomfortable with the arrangement.

In your case, it might be tempting to walk between venues, as they're so close - but I'd rethink that. Remember that you'll be wearing heels (or flat dress shoes - still not comfy for walking) and if your dress has a train, you'll need someone to carry it for you. And if it's raining or hot out, you'd be pretty uncomfortable walking (wedding dresses are HOT!). I would plan to hop into a car for the few blocks you need to travel.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 8:19 AM Go to message in response to: TMMMM

You don't HAVE to get a limo. You mentioned that everything is near by. That gave me an idea: why not rent a horse and carriage :) But I think those are more expensive than a limo :( If it's not in your buget just rent a fancy looking car and either have a relative or close friend drive it or you two can drive it yourself.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: TMMMM

You definitely don't need a limo unless you really want one. Our WP drove themselves, and no one had a problem. We actually took my car because I've only had it for a few months... but it's a Civic, and my dress was huge. Maybe not our best plan because it took us a good 10 minutes to shove me into the car, but it made for some good pictures :) It also allowed us to have some alone time between the ceremony and reception.

DH took this pic with his camera phone before he got in the car with me

weddingcar1.jpg picture by JeWareGT

And one of my BMs happened to get to the reception at the same time we did, so she got this one
october2009014.jpg picture by JeWareGT

Anyway, my point is, don't get a limo unless you really want one. Don't feel like you have to have one.

Edited by: MrsCP3 on Jan 15, 2010 2:19 PM

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: TMMMM

Since your locations are so close together, might I suggest something really romantic? How about a horse drawn carriage for just the two of you?

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

TRACYJOHNSONBRA... Posts : 42 Registered: 2/8/09
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 8:30 AM Go to message in response to: TMMMM

I did not have a limo for my wedding. My husband and I took our Buick frinm the church to our reception so we could give people a chance to decorate a car, hid our honeymoon car (my Mercury Tracer) at my workplace so no one would put puffed rice in the radiator (that happened to my parents car) and then took a cab from the reception hall to get my car so we could leave for our honeymoon.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine