Why we love Electra Cruises

Online Users: 1,337 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 1,755

FlyingColors Posts : 1 Registered: 2/13/10
Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 7:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I can't beleive I found a thread on Electra Cruises - we are so happy we chose the Electra to get married on because these guys are #1 class act!! We are already planning an anniversary aboard her, too. They provided so much attention to detail and were really patient with us. Our wedding day was flawless and so beautiful thanks to the staff! We really will never be able to thank them enough so we will just have to refer people to them any chance we get.
Life is walking newport beach!Cool

AKbride888 Posts : 9 Registered: 10/4/09
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 3:43 AM Go to message in response to: FlyingColors

{color:#800080}I NEED HELP!

Has anyone gone to the food tasting yet? we live in alaska and i haven't gone yet.
any tips on what's good on the menu?

thanks girls...
{color}

Chrissybear86 Posts : 25 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: AKbride888

We had the winter wonderland buffet! It is a little more expensive, but it was amazing! Everyone raved about it and they still are! :) It comes with appetizers and i was able to get the Coconut Prawns instead. Everyone loved them! I would definitly get those if your family is ok with shrimp!! I went to the tasting and wrote notes about all the food, what are you considerering?

Posted: Feb 22, 2010 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

THanks for your reply chrissybear!
I will look at that winter wonderland menu. I think i want to get the coconut prawns too.
what about the beef? is the new wave chicken ok?
did you guys serve some extras off of the menu?
did you guys serve alcohol?
sorry i ask too many questions, thanks for reading! :)

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: AKbride888

Their Coconut Prawns were sooo good and honestly we went with the New Wave Chicken to save money and we though it was actually REALLY yummy! We are doing a no-host bar.

-Laura... the future Mrs. Lewis

RetroBride Posts : 16 Registered: 4/18/08
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: AKbride888

Hi AKbride888,

We had the New Age chicken for our wedding and it was fabulous. We also had pasta au natural and it was amazing. People kept complimenting us on our food selections and we didn't upgrade anything. We decided that we wanted to put any extra money towards other things. We did have an open bar though which went over really well. We had a unique situtation because we were under the minumum guest limit on Eternity. We had 125 people or so but paid for 150. Electra was acommodating and gave us the primium bar at no additional cost. The bar tenders weren't stingy with beverages either. Once guest told us that he asked for scotch (he was with our bagpipe band), and the bar tender poured him a wine glass full of their best stuff!

Anyway, Electra's food is great. I have to say I was a little nervous after the tasting but the day of it was perfection! Also, the coconut prawns are amazing! We didn't order them, but I had them at the tasting and they were very good.

-Nicole

Soon2bMrsHultner Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: RetroBride

We will be having the New Wave Chicken & Hawaiian Mahi Mahi, steamed veggies and rosemary potatoes. We had everything at a friends wedding on the Eternity, except for the Mahi Mahi, and it was delicious! For apps. we will be having the coconut prawns, spinach & artichoke on bread crisps, smoked chicken pizza and the Islander (fruits, veggies & dips), OMG just typing this is making my mouth water! We are also having the well bar, yummy! One more month, so excited!

MrsWilletToBe Posts : 13 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsHultner

We're going with the Prime Rib Carving Station with the Anna Potatoes. Then we are also going to add an extra starch, the Pasta Flores, for our vegetarians. For apps we are going with the Coconut Prawns, the Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, and the Goat Cheese Wontons. We are hosting a soft bar - beer and wine. Hope this helped!

Amy805 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsHultner

I'm jealous that you've already been to an Electra wedding. I'm so curious to see how things work the day of the celebration. If anyone is getting married on the Destiny and wants to invite me I'll pay my way

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 5:26 AM Go to message in response to: Amy805

Thanks guys!!!
you've all been very helpful!!!!!
we weren't gonna serve alcohol because of the additional cost, but now
I'm thinking we really should take that into consideration :)

110709 Posts : 11 Registered: 11/5/08
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: AKbride888

Okay so I'm finally trying to upload pictures since I know I enjoyed looking at everyone elses! I am still hearing people rave about the wedding :) It seems so long ago, lol.

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

I have actually been to two weddings with Electra Cruises, one on the Eternity (that was suppose to be on the Destiny) and one on the Princess. They were both a bunch of fun and completely different from each other. If anyone has any questions about my experience, just ask! Ryan and I have 2 1/2 more weeks! It is coming fast! Is anyone doing any decorations on the coffee tables, or leaving them bare?

LissettC Posts : 11 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsHultner

Since you've attended a couple of weddings through Electra, I was wondering if you found the 4 hours to be sufficient? Was there enough time for guests to dance and enjoy the reception?

LissettC Posts : 11 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: FlyingColors

Which vessel did you get married on? My daughter is getting married on the Eternity and when we visited with Electra a month or so ago, we noticed that the seat cushions on the chairs in the banquet room (Deck 1) were pretty stained. I asked Allyson about them and she indicated that they "may be changed" before my daughter's September wedding. I hate to invest $5.00 per chair for seat covers, so I was wondering what your thoughts were.

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: LissettC

LissettC...
As long as the ceremony part of the wedding is not too long (around 15-20 minutes) 4 hours is a good amount of time. My fiance and I were ready to get off the boat after 4 hours :) Hope that helps!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine