all white decor, but i need help

Online Users: 1,257 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

futureMrsWester... Posts : 2 Registered: 1/24/10
all white decor, but i need help
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 11:45 PM

so im thinking of all white for my wedding. i like the look of it all crisp and bright white. one problem, what about my bridesmaids? i'm not sure what to do, obviously they can't wear white too, but i don't know. i need ideas, any will be helpful :) thanks!

Edited by: futureMrsWesterfield on Mar 12, 2010 12:54 AM

Marryingmytruel... Posts : 135 Registered: 2/11/10
Re: all white decor, but i need help
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 7:59 AM Go to message in response to: futureMrsWester...

They could wear white,

bridesmaids-500x335.jpg picture by Luca44

Or white dresses with an accent color,

all-in-white.jpg picture by Luca44

More white dresses,

simon-5.jpg picture by Luca44

Or they could wear a pale color,

7041S-600.jpg picture by Luca44

You could also do an all white wedding and put the bridesmaids in black dresses.

all_white_bridesmaids_bouquets_wedd.jpg picture by Luca44

These were just a few ideas that I had. Hope they help!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

hljanes Posts : 57 Registered: 12/31/09
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsWester...

The bridesmaids could wear white. If you go way back, tradition was that the bridesmaids wore the same color as the bride to distract evil spirits.

Heather

JanaJohnson Posts : 4 Registered: 3/9/10
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 2:38 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsWester...

Hi!

Of course they can wear white if you want an all-white wedding. As was pointed out, you can vary it by using an accent color (nice selection of sample photos posted by the way), or you can vary it by either a shade of white or by the texture of the fabric. For instance if you're wearing silk, they can wear satin. Or if you're wearing satin, your bridal party can wear lace.

Your dress is undoubtedly long, so their's can be short. If you're wearing a ballgown style, they can wear a sheath or mermaid style. (You get the idea.) Just change it up from your gown.

As was mentioned, in the long ago past, all members of the bridal party wore white to "scare away evil spirits" so you would simply be reviving an old custom that is still often used today by dressing your bridal party in white.

Think about it, the groom and all of his groomsmen often wear the exact same tuxedo or suit. The only thing that often varies is his boutanniere. And no one mistakes him for anyone but the groom. :)

The type and style of flowers also can be varied. Their's can have more of the accent color or greenery in it or vice versa. I'm sure your florist can show you numerous examples of things that other "all white wedding" brides have done to give you a jumping off point.

Accessories also can greatly change up the look. Don't forget how often you can change up a LBD with accessories and no one notices that it's the same black dress you've worn over and over.

You chose an all-white wedding for a reason. Don't let worrying about how your bridal attendant's dresses will look keep you from having the wedding of your dreams.

Much happiness to you and your future husband! :

Jena Johnson
Associate
Bridal-bags.com

feministbride Posts : 14 Registered: 2/27/10
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsWester...

how about beige or champaign? it still in the white-ish family but not whitehttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aWBudCkgDeg/RuWfLi4t8CI/AAAAAAAAAFk/TAw1I0Tg-44/s320/champagne.jpghttp://www.moderngirlinvitations.com/modernbrideguide/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/nicole9.jpghttp://www.thesweetestoccasion.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/champagne-bridesmaids-dresses-cyd-the-sweetest-occasion.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oZuFDni50Qs/SQkV2MT0IkI/AAAAAAAAEC8/HN3I8ypDKHs/s1600/304.jpg

Lazyzoey Posts : 8 Registered: 3/16/10
Posted: May 9, 2010 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsWester...

I think white or black dress will be perfects for your bridemaids...maybe you can add black belt for the white dresses for them, then they will be different with you. I love white tone wedding too. Kind of elegant and pure :-)

Frame every so-called disaster with these words "in five years, will this matter?"
www.sheltonweddingdresses.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine