Workout Plan Question

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Workout Plan Question
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 2:09 AM

Hey ladies,

I just signed up for shape (the fitness magazine) Shape Your Body Plan. Has anyone done this? It was free to sign up and you input your weight, how much you want to lose, and a few other things as well as what type of cardio equipment you prefer to use and the days you can work out and they email you that day's workout plan as well as foods you should try to eat. It seems like it would help as long as you stuck to it.

I like having a checklist of things to do (simply because I feel happy and like i'm accomplishing something by checking it off) so maybe I'll stick with this! Let's hope so because it's getting closer to a year until my wedding and although I fit into my dress it's a tight squeeze. =)

FH loves taking pictures and I hate looking at older pictures of myself because I used to be so in shape and I love the way I use to look and now I hate seeing pictures of me now because of the weight i've gained! I'm 5'0 and I use to weigh 102 now I weigh about 125. The weight doesn't look good on me. I'd love to be 110. That's my goal so wish me luck!

(back to the original reason...anyone ever use this?)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

To love another person is to see the face of God.

My wedding blog

http://thenolabride.blogspot.com/

MissApril Posts : 276 Registered: 1/21/09
Re: Workout Plan Question
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

125 is not bad at all for 5'0". I'm sure you look beautiful now. I'm only 2 inches taller than you and 125 is my goal weight. But anyways... That sounds like an awesome plan. I'm about to go check it out for myself. Thank you.
CoolStick your head out the window and smile for a satellite picture!Tongue out

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

I have a subscription to the magazine. In all honesty, I have never used it again after I signed up. There are some days I'm too busy to turn on my laptop. What I do is post my workouts on the fridge. I'm never too busy for the fridge. I also now go to the grocery store 2 x week and cook all my own food fresh. I feel amazing now that I don't eat frozen diet dinners anymore. Too much sodium bloats you and makes you sluggish.

I lost 40 lbs about 3 years ago and have to constantly work to keep myself in shape. Eat for your goals. I used to eat to lose weight. Low carb, low cal/fat and lots of yoga and cardio. Now I eat to be strong. Google "mufa" foods. Basically, it's good fats to eat. Avocado, nuts, fish, etc. I'm a runner now so I need to take in more fats, but good fats.

As always, ask your doctor about dieting. I started out SOOOOO wrong following what magazines tell me to do. I caused a crash in my blood sugar and could have done serious damage to myself. Doc did a full blood panel on me and told me what I can do and can't do with dieting. Good luck!

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Ugh! I've never dieted and I don't plan on starting. =) My problem isn't that i'm not eating healthy foods, it's that I overeat and I eat at all the wrong times!

I need a workout buddy!

My wedding blog

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Rebecca, try joining www.sparkpeople.com

It's totally free, and I promise it's not a scam. It guides you on the process of becoming healthier- developing good habits, finding motivation, etc. You can type in what you eat and it breaks it down into nutritional categories, it recommends or keeps track of your workouts, and there's a huge community with tons of groups, support, and workout buddies. Holding myself accountable, even to a website, has really made a difference for me... I've lost weight, I love the food I eat, and I have biceps (they're so small but they're THERE!)

Good luck!

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Thanks! I'm going to go look at that website. I'm a college student so I feel like i'm always busy with school or work and when I do have time to go to the gym I mainly want to relax!

My wedding blog

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Its nice to know that you are on the road to a slim and trim body. However, the thing i wanetd to piont out is that proper workout accompanied by proper dieting will make you achieve your goal faster and efffectively. Just working out without diet control gives disappointing results. Trust me, i have workout a lot in past, but as i kept growing by age, i saw that just workouts don't keep you fit.
pearl jewelry store

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Its nice to know that you are on the road to a slim and trim body. However, the thing i wanetd to piont out is that proper workout accompanied by proper dieting will make you achieve your goal faster and efffectively. Just working out without diet control gives disappointing results. Trust me, i have workout a lot in past, but as i kept growing by age, i saw that just workouts don't keep you fit.
pearl jewelry store

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: lesasue86

Vendor much? Reported.

MarissaRowland Posts : 33 Registered: 10/2/09
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

I hate the word "diet"! I don't think anyone really likes it. I have changed up my eating habits, and I now eat a lot healthier than before. I like it this way because I don't feel like I'm on a "diet", and I am still losing weight! I am never hungry, and I eat whenever I want. I just make sure that when I eat, it is healthy stuff! I cut most of the carbs, sugar, and drink mostly water. I seriously pig out at times still, but its healthy stuff so its nothing like inhaling a pint of ice cream (or a gallon!! eek!!). The most important part (no matter what your eating habits are) is working out! Even if its a 20 minute walk everyday. You can lose weight even if you eat junk food, as long as you burn calories during workouts!!

Fit2BBrides Posts : 2 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Nov 29, 2009 12:59 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Check out bwellfit.com, a fitness and nutrition company that focuses on total body wellness and empowerment. The personal trainers and nutrition experts there can create a meal plan customized for you and even have the food delivered to your door. The also offer free weekly webinars and have an informative newsletter than can help get you on the right track to eating right.

For more information about Fit to be Brides by BWell Fit please visit, www.bwellfit.com

lyssa1985 Posts : 4 Registered: 5/20/08
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

I'm with you in this boat! My wedding is in July and I'm just trying to tone up and feel good about myself when I look in the mirror again. I'm still pretty small, and I really don't care about losing any weight, I just want to tone up the fat! LOL! I'm 5'4" and 116. I used to be 104...about 2 years ago, and to be honest, that's when I felt the best!! I eat what I want, I just want a workout plan that will help me look and feel better. I just recently started lifting weights and joined a gym about 1 month ago with the fiance...but was sick for a week and got hurt at cheerleading practice the week before. I need to get back on track!!

HotFemaleMuscle Posts : 2 Registered: 3/11/10
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

I haven't but I am one of many woman bodybuilders.

Don't be afraid to eat when dieting. You will lose more fat by eating 6 meals a day. Just avoid the crash diet. If you need ANY help please let me know. I been doing this for years and I help people all the time.

If you need help with your training or diet just let me know.

Do low intensity cardio in the morning on an empty stomach (hr around 130 bpm) to burn fat and spare the muscle. try to eat whole food and not liquid foods. hope this helps! congrats on your wedding!
I am one of many Woman Bodybuilders. I met my fiance at the gym when I asked him if he was into hotfemalemuscle ? He said I sure am. Thats how we met. Now we are having a bodybuilder based wedding. Ya, we are a little crazy.

LorettaH Posts : 10 Registered: 4/21/11
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

Other people benefit from being on a weight loss plan. When choosing a weight loss plan, there are many things to consider. Will you enjoy being on the diet? A diet that you hate is stressful, and it is hard to lose weight when stressed. Also, you'll be more tempted to cheat and may feel guilty about not being able to stick to the plan. So, first find a plan that you are comfortable following.

opc | natural blood pressure support

ryandiaz224 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/22/11
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: LorettaH

Ok.I understand.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine