look for photography and videographer

Online Users: 1,235 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

livinglove Posts : 2 Registered: 3/3/10
look for photography and videographer
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 10:50 AM

My wedding in on May 16 this year. It is sunday morning.

I lived in Chalfont, near Philadelphia city. I have the limited budget for photographer and videographer. Would anyone of you kindly recommned any good vendor ( or colleage student, free lancer, etc...) which dose not cost me a fortune to me?

Thanks a lot!!

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: look for photography and videographer
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: livinglove

I am just chuckling, trying to figure out how this particular topic ended up in the "Sex and Relationships" forum.

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: agd1017

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. :)

hljanes Posts : 57 Registered: 12/31/09
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 1:49 PM Go to message in response to: livinglove

I can't recommend anyone from Philly but I will say... I was watching Rich Bride, Poor Bride last night and they tried to go with a student photographer, but the engagement shots the student did were so bad that they ended up having to go with a pro later in the game, which cost them more.

Just make sure you get a good sample of the work. Some students may be great; others are probably not worth the money you'll save.

Heather

ShanesGal333 Posts : 11 Registered: 3/3/10
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: livinglove

I also have a limited budget and was really considering getting a student photographer. However, i have a certain look that I want and not just anyone can do it. I am still trying to look around for a photographer that can fit the bill, and wont charge me an arm and a leg. I am also trying to contact local colleges and ask for their top student photographers and maybe show them what i am looking for. such as pictures i like, and if that is their style as well.
You can find some decent photographers, the trick is to try to get ones that will let you print your own pictures. that will save some serious money.
plus a lot of photographers can charge by hour as well, and if youre like me, i just want the getting ready, just a couple, the ceremony, the family together after, and the cake cutting and the garter and bouquet toss. im going to say i could probably get that all in in 3 hours, maybe less. the ceremony isnt going to take that long, and if we cut the cake at the reception first that would also cut down time.
as for the videographer, i am going to have a trusted family member video the wedding with her digital camera. im more into pictures anyways, so if it turns out back, which i doubt it will, i will at least have some good pics.

im also going to leave some cameras on the tables for the guests to take pictures themselves at the reception. ive always loved this idea, it gives such a diff angle at the wedding you may not have known about lol

anyways, good luck!! hope my ideas helped :)

"Ever thine, Ever mine, Ever Ours"

wedding websites

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine