Maid of Honor

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

PeterPanParkinJ... Posts : 1 Registered: 2/4/10
Maid of Honor
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 2:00 PM

My maid of honor decided to quit on me. I am getting married in a little over 3 months. Should I ask someone else to take her place? If so, how should I do that? I appreciate any feedback with this dilemma. Thanks!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: Maid of Honor
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: PeterPanParkinJ...

No, I wouldn't ask. What's done is done. Go on with your wedding the way it is. If you ask someone else to take her place then that other person will probably feel like you are just using them to fill up the spot. A MOH should be someone you are very close to.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 7:12 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I agree with Cheetah. If you ask one of your other BMs to be the MOH now, they'll know they're second choice. There's no need for another MOH anyway since presumably that was a particular position of honor and probably none of your other BMs are as close to you, like Cheetah pointed out.

And when you need one of your BMs to sign your license as a witness, just pick one.

preview image

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: PeterPanParkinJ...

MOH is really just an honorary title. Your other bridesmaid can take up the slack (shower, bachelorette,signing license, whatever). Leave things as they are.
myra@classysassyweddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine