Did you know where and when before you were engaged?

Online Users: 1,315 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

alymar Posts : 100 Registered: 3/2/10
Did you know where and when before you were engaged?
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 1:22 AM

I was just wondering if anyone else had begun some planning before actually getting engaged? My fiance and I actually chose our date and talked to our family and some friends to let them know before he proposed.

My mom said her and my dad had done a simiular thing.

Anyone else?
Friendship is a wonderful base for love...

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: Did you know where and when before you were engaged?
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: alymar

No, I really didn't think about it beforehand. I was busy with a bunch of other things and not looking for another project to take on, so I didn't make any plans or really think about it at all until I had to.

But I'm sure you're not alone. Many women have all kinds of ideas about their wedding before getting engaged, and sometimes before even meeting the man.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

soontobebeverly Posts : 1 Registered: 2/25/10
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: alymar

Well first off, CONGRATS! Secondly, I recently became engaged on April 19th....! We had already discussed several different senerios for possible wedding ideas. We had pretty much talked about everything from the venue for the wedding, pastor, even the reception party favors, lol. Now that it's actually official we are trying to decided which one will work best for us. And to be honest, it has actually made planning the wedding a lot easier. Again, Congrats and have fun planning.

FutureMrsSimpki... Posts : 45 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: alymar

We talked about marriage and when we wanted to get married. My FH really wanted us to wait until I was finished with college before any plans were made. After we got engaged, plans changed. I was engaged for a year before setting a date. We didn't go with waiting until school was done for me. I'm getting married a year before I graduate but I don't think that changes anything.
Before we were engaged, I loved talking about marriage with him. It made me really excited because I know he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. We already knew who we wanted to marry us and how big we wanted our wedding. That was about it for details. We did want to get married sometime around our anniversary but I wanted a fall wedding. It's okay to talk about marriage before getting engaged. I think everyone wants to know what your guy thinks about it & his comments on everything.

Future Mrs.Simpkins<3
--been engaged since o1-11-o9

"This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love."

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 5:14 AM Go to message in response to: alymar

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45677.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine