Brazil for a Honeymoon??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

BellaCereja Posts : 3 Registered: 3/1/10
Brazil for a Honeymoon??
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 7:54 PM

I have always wanted to go to Brazil for our Honeymoon but I don't see much information on honeymoons in Brazil. I've heard an island called NaNai is great for honeymooners but I have not had much information available from travel agents...anyone recommend anywhere I can start looking or what travel agencies I can go to?

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: Brazil for a Honeymoon??
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

I have actually been to Brazil twice for work (all over the country) and I love it there!! I know there are 3 Club Meds there...just go to the Club med website. And I would definitely go through a travel agency as you need a visa to travel to Brazil and they can help you with that process (its easy but I didnt do it myself LOL)

Be mindful of the opposite seasons, but the northern part of Brazil is usually hot year round. Rio is AMAZING, though not super relaxing. but there is a lot to see and the beaches are awesome.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

HummingbirdHall... Posts : 10 Registered: 2/20/10
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

Hey!

I've also been to Brazil. It is an incredibly fabulous country! I absolutely adore Salvador (North Eastish). The food is great, the culture is rich, the people are lovely and the scenery is beautiful. If you are into adventure, i'm sure it'd be a perfect honeymoon destination!

When I went, I went alone and actually didnt go through a travel agent...I arrived with the Lonely Planet and figured things out when I got there. I stayed in Recife first (wasnt too keen on that city..), but stumbled upon Olinda, which is a world heritage village and gorgeous. I then traveled onto Salvador.

The only thing I'd be wary of are their internal flights. I'm not one to be scared easily, but when we came upon moderate rain when flying from Recife from Salvador, we were informed over the PA system, that the pilot had "limited experience of landing in rain" (!!!). The pilot then tried to land 4 times - we'd actually feel the descent, see the lights of the airport, then he'd pull the plane up and try again! Was totally not a nice experience, by the end even airstewardesses were crying!

Other than that, you'll have a great time!

Jamaica: Once You Go - You Know!

Hummingbird Hall, Jamaica: http://www.hummingbirdhall.com/

Destination Wedding Jamaica

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: HummingbirdHall...

LOL hummingbird about the flights!! I actually adored my flying experiences throughout Brazil. Smooth skies and free snacks on all flights, even the 45 min flights! But yes, that would freak me out too!! I dont know if you ever landed in Congohas airport in SP (not the international airport) but it's frightening! The rrunway is SUPER short and it looks like you are going to land on the buildings. Then you touch down and stop immediately. I almost flew out of my seat!

I've been to Salvador twice and LOVE it there. It's so Non-touristy and cool. A little dangerous at night but the beaches/water are beautiful and the people are nice. I've also heard the peolpe are "slower" and more relaxed than say in Sao Paolo or Curitiba. I've never been to Recife but my coworker has and I heard its HOT there!

OP i think if you are looking for more of a honeymoon experience, then Rio or Club Med is the way to go.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

HummingbirdHall... Posts : 10 Registered: 2/20/10
Posted: Mar 6, 2010 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: BellaCereja

lol ! I'm not sure if my constitution could take the landing at Congohas!!

I've got SP, Rio and Curitiba on my list though.

This article seems to have some useful tips on honeymooning in Brazil too:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/your_say/article2191719.ece

Jamaica: Once You Go - You Know!

Hummingbird Hall, Jamaica: http://www.hummingbirdhall.com/

Destination Wedding Jamaica

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine