Tent or no tent?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

michelleb217 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/4/10
Tent or no tent?
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 10:42 AM

I'm having an outdoor wedding in Vow Renewal in Connecticut. (We've been married for 3 years. We are a military couple, so we were never able to have our actual wedding until now) It's going to be in a woodsy area with a huge pond. Do you think that it's necessary to get a tent? I'm hoping it won't rain, and maybe I'll get one if like a week away they are expecting rain, but if i'm having an outdoor wedding do you think it will look ok if I don't go the traditional route with a tent? It's so expensive and I really don't want to have the added expense if not necessary.

I was also thinking about using paper lanterns for decorations around the tables. If you have any pictures of a non-tent wedding that would be fabulous!

Thanks! Edited by: michelleb217 on Mar 4, 2010 10:43 AM

Edited by: michelleb217 on Mar 4, 2010 10:44 AM

myras Posts : 396 Registered: 2/26/10
Re: Tent or no tent?
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: michelleb217

I have many pics and would be happy to send them. Just contact me through my website. As far as tent or not tent, it's always better to err on the side of caution. See if you can put a tent "on hold" and then decide as you get closer to the time of the wedding. Check with local rental places and find out how much advance notice you need to give for a rental (or for a no-charge cancellation).
myra@classysassyweddings.com

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: michelleb217

Yes, get a tent. Even if it doesn't rain, your guests will appreciate some shade (and A/C, if possible). CT in June can be hot and humid. I wouldn't want to sit out in the sun for the length of an entire ceremony and reception.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: michelleb217

I agree with ArtBride, you should get a tent. The weather in June is unpredicatable in CT. June tends to have random t-storms and really sticky. The tent will keep the rain out and provide some shade as well.

CIMG7482-1.jpg picture by CheetahAngel81

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

hljanes Posts : 57 Registered: 12/31/09
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: michelleb217

In Connecticut? Definitely get a tent. Cheetah is right about the unpredictable weather. There are some places you'd probably be okay but I swear, for the couple of years I lived in CT, it rained more days than it didn't.

Heather

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine