MuffinB is getting married!

Online Users: 1,260 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 26

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Re: MuffinB is getting married!
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: myras

Thanks ladies!

Julia, dresses 1, 3 and 4 are Casablanca, 2, 6, and 8 are Maggie Sottero, 5 is Essense of Australia and 7 is Enzoani.

Tobi, I'm the only freak that didn't watch Friends so I don't know what you're talking about...LOL

I knew I wanted a dress with straps because I'm just not comfortable in anything strapless but I tried on the strapless anyway and figured I could always have them add straps. Also, I knew a big 'ol ball gown would not be my style (I'm short and I'm 30 yrs old) and the only reason I tried on ball gowns was because FH made a silly comment about how it would be cool for me to wear a "princess" dress!! Boys can be so silly.

But, I will say that I didn't want to take # 8 off. I had a blast twirling around in that dress, even though it isn't it- I walked around the bridal shop for a good ten minutes in it. We had the shop to ourselves the whole time we were there that day.

Anyway, my favorite is # 7. It's really nice in person and I can't stop thinking about it. The only problem I'm having is I can't find it anywhere in white. I tried on an ivory one but I want it in white. I've called almost all the shops in my area that carry this designer and nobody has it. I have one more dress appt. to go to and then I'll make a decision.

TheeBride Posts : 130 Registered: 1/17/10
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Wowzas, you're fiance is a very lucky man and I'm sure he'd be more than happy with you in any of them (or none of them, hehe) but my favorites are 1, 3 and 7. They seem to flatter your figure the most. You seem most comfortable in 1 and it gives you an hourglass figure, as if it was made for you. 3, was similar to 1 but seemed to hug your butt more (which is what I love about my dress, woohoo) and 7 is just beautiful. I love the detail but it does sorta take away from your figure a little, maybe it's the picture though.

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it, anywhere
I go you go, my dear..."

E.E. Cummings

Daisypath Wedding tickers

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Muffin! I like 1 and 8 the best....but 7 IS beautiful too! For me, it just doesn't say "wedding" enough tho, but that's just me. I kept going back to 7 thinking "Wow, that's just a knock-out dress!" tho, so hell, go with it!!! You look FABULOUS in all of them! I'm so jealous! You vixen!! =D

Proud Member of P.O.O.P  -  People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Thanks Theebride and Kens!

Kens, do you think that #7 doesn't look wedding-y to you because it's ivory? If I do go with that one I'm deifinitely getting it in white. Also, the train screams wedding, I think. But I did have tons of fun spinning around like a goofball in # 8.

SweetSurrender Posts : 130 Registered: 5/14/09
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 10:34 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

I love #5 but I'll vote for #3 as a close second. I think they all look great, but those were the two that stood out the most!

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

VntgGoth2010 Posts : 57 Registered: 1/24/10
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hehe. I think we went to the same bridal stores MuffinB. That chandelier (Butterfly in Spanish) and wooden floor (MMB) look familiar. I like all the dresses you tried on and think they all worked for you. Definitely go with the one that gave you that special sparkle. Ask your family which one you just "lit up in". That's what helped me.
    When is my wedding

Posted: Mar 3, 2010 3:15 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

No Muffin, it wasn't that it's ivory....I almost bought my dress in ivory. And yes, the train does make it "wedding-y" but it almost seems too glamourous and sexy to be a wedding dress. Now I realize that a bride WANTS to feel those things on her wedding day because I did. I wanted a dress more like #7 for myself, honestly, but when I tried on the dress I ended up going with, (which was a ballgown and I NEVER would have thought that's what I'd end up with!) I just felt more like a bride than I did in any of the other dresses that were more like #7.

BUT!! YOU need to love the dress, feel beautiful in the dress, feel comfortable in the dress!!! And that's all that matters...what you think and feel about the dress! My advice would be to wait a couple of weeks, maybe longer, let it all settle in your mind and percolate a bit, then go back and try on the ones that you still think about a lot and see what your heart tells you then.

Keep us posted!!! (And by the way, I was a 40-year old first-time bride....in a ball gown! So age doesn't mean squat when it comes to that! ;~P )

Posted: Mar 3, 2010 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

VntgGoth- Yup, we went to the same bridal shops : ) I see your wedding is coming up and it's going to be in Maryland, right? Did you get your dress at either of these two shops?

Kens- I see what you're saying. I agree and I also wasn't planning on trying on any ball gowns but I couldn't agree with you more that in the ball gowns, I felt more like a pretty bride. But in # 7 I felt like a bad ass bride and I think my personality leans more toward bad ass than it does pretty and innocent.
I'm going to do just as you suggested. I'm going to wait a couple weeks. I have an appt. scheduled at one more shop on the 14th and another appt. right afterwards at the shop where dress # 7 is at. I'll have to decide that day. I'll let you know what happens.

Oh, and you looked amazing in your dress. I wasn't implying that anyone over 30 shouldn't wear ball gowns. I think I convinced myself that because of my height and body structure a ball gown would overpower me and that I was too old to lug around a huge dress all day, LOL.

VntgGoth2010 Posts : 57 Registered: 1/24/10
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hi Muffin - I went with the one from MMB. It's a Maggie Sottero and literally the last dress she brought me. It was between that one and the one at Mariposa but in the end I went with the one that my friend said "lit my face up".

I can't wait to see which one you decide to get!!

Oh, I'm from So Cal and I'm getting married across seas in Italy. :o)
    When is my wedding

patrinac Posts : 1 Registered: 3/8/10
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 12:38 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

I like #1 and #5 the best!

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Dang it! It didn't alert me that you had posted! Grrr....I think you're right, you do lean towards bad ass bride! Did you ever see pics of Ashleyanne's dress?? It is gorgeous, too! Wish I had the bod for those dresses.....sigh Keep me posted, Love!!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine