MayFair Farms in West Orange, NJ

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

ButterflyTiff Posts : 27 Registered: 12/7/09
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 8:10 AM

Hello to everyone! Can you please let me know if you have attended a wedding or other event at MayFair Farms? Have you been married there? Had your reception there? Planning your wedding or reception there?

I would like more information and real reviews!

Thank you,
Bride to Be

DNAmindy Posts : 47 Registered: 7/24/09
Re: MayFair Farms in West Orange, NJ
Posted: Jan 13, 2010 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: ButterflyTiff

I haven't been there, but there is a website that has reviews of a ton of different reception sites. I looked up MayFair Farms for you - here is the link

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/mayfair-farms-west-orange/b2104aa3c68b9a86.html

If that link doesn't work for you, just go to www.weddingwire.com and there is a search bar at the top of the page.

Looks like it's a great place - they got awesome reviews!

Hope this helps you out a bit!

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 10:14 PM Go to message in response to: DNAmindy

:-) Thanks! We are going to book the atrium room and le petit mayfair 1 and le petit mayfair 2 - it is sooo elegant!

Also, I cannot believe how much is included....even an elaborate Viennese Hour!

Edited by: ButterflyTiff on Jan 13, 2010 10:18 PM

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: ButterflyTiff

I am a big fan of Mayfair Farms! I grew up in Northern NJ and attended my high school prom at MayFair Farms; I graduated with the daughter of the owner, so I'm sure we got a deal.
Anywho, it is a beautiful facility with a great reputation for service, cleanliness & quality of food. It's the most affordable venue in the area and is aesthetically appealing indoors and out, if you ask me. It's a family-run business and they give special attention to all of their customers. I personally prefer to use family-run businesses as to large corporate-run facilities.
Hope everything works out for you with Mayfair Farms! It's a very nice venue, especially for a wedding reception!

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Thank you! I am ever so patiently awaiting my contract. We are getting married at The Chapel of The Immaculate Conception at Seton Hall - then having the reception at Mayfair. I think it is going to be beautiful.........

ExcitedtobeMrs Posts : 1 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: ButterflyTiff

I am getting married at Mayfair on 10-8-10 in the downstairs room that has the patio off of it. Who are you working with there?
I felt like they included alot and the place was beautiful! Good Luck!

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: ExcitedtobeMrs

Mike. He is really nice.
They really do seem to include a lot. I am actually mailing in my contract this morning. Feel free to "private" post me if you'd like!

Did you decide your colors etc. yet? All I know is that I want the butterfly ivory top linen! :)

We looked at the downstairs and upstairs and went with the upstairs (atrium, le petit 1 and 2) because they were ivory. I have issues with too much green lol. My mom hated green ('cept money!) and it kind of stuck with me lol.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: ButterflyTiff

Hi. Im a wedding planner in NJ, and although I havent worked there specifically, I did go there with one of my clients/brides when she was looking for a venue. It was one of the places I recommended to her, and I found their prices to be rreasonable, their staff was very helpful and nice, and the food was also very good. (attended a seperate function there another day.) So, I would also recommend it. Let me know if you need any help!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Nov2010NJBride Posts : 11 Registered: 7/20/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: ButterflyTiff

This is great info. If you don't mind how much is per person all inclusive at Mayfair Farms? I am looking for a venue that does not exceed $85/pp all inclusive for a Sunday in November. Is that even possible? Hehe

TkNJ Posts : 8 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: Nov2010NJBride

Hi,

My brother got married there in october on a saturday night and it came to 105++ all inclusive. There is no better deal you are finding in NJ for a nice place like that. On a friday its prob right where your looking. It is a great place and you cant beat it for the money!! I would highly recommend it. If my brother didn't just get married there I would have gone there for my reception. I just don't want the same wedding a year and a half later as him. You will not be disappointed!

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: TkNJ

I am soo excited!

Their website shows you their sit down dinner menu (sample - some items
change - you find out when you meet with them, for example ours
included chilean sea bass as an entree choice).

They include pretty much everything.
Hot and Cold Passed Hors d'oeuvres
Silver Chafing Service
Cocktail Shrimp Station
Carving Station
Pasta Station
Cold Antipasto
Internation Cheese and Fresh Fruit presentation
Appretizer Course
Salad Course
Main Entree (choice of four)
Viennese Hour
4 tier Wedding Cake
5 hour open bar
Valet Parking
Coat Room/Rest Room attendants
Tableside Bar Service
Floor Lenght Linen and chair covers
fresh flowers for cocktail tables
directional cards
votive candles
place cards.

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 11:38 PM Go to message in response to: ButterflyTiff

So the date seems to be getting closer and closer

We are going for our tasting in a few weeks (my Fiancee lives out of state so we are doing a lot of things during the weekends he is here) and can't wait!

I will post to let everyone know how it goes.
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

bridgetnj Posts : 1 Registered: 4/11/10
Posted: Apr 11, 2010 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: ButterflyTiff

I am also getting married at MayFair Farms in September. I hope we made the right decision! Know nothing about it. We had a food tasting and it was great. I was impressed by the grounds, what they offered, the friendliness of the staff, their flexibility to work with you, it was well decorated but not over the top and it was clean. I had a good vibe about the place. So we decided to book it. The price was average and I have looked everywhere in the northern nj area. Any place under 80 per person ++ was not great at all which was our budget, but we will slurge a little since we both want to make our wedding day special.

Cat201 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/12/10
Posted: May 12, 2010 10:13 PM Go to message in response to: bridgetnj

I have heard nothing but good things about Mayfair Farms. Congrats on picking a date!! I'm sure you will love it. I just got engaged a week ago and I have been looking for an affordable/nice wedding reception ever since. I'm obsessed with finding the perfect wedding venue. I am having about 140 pp in my wedding. Just from reading reviews and checking out the web-sites I am between- The Madison Hotel in Morristown, the Palace at Somerset Park and Mayfair Farms. Please let me know if you have attended a wedding at any of these places or had a wedding there. Any insight is appreciated. Also, if you recommend any other venues that have a 125-140 minimum.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine