LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7


Val333 Posts : 2 Registered: 2/18/10
LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Posted: Feb 18, 2010 1:30 PM

Hello there,
I am new on here. Just got engaged on Valentines Day! I also need to lose around 70 lbs before I walk down the aisle. I have struggled with my weight all my life but I know if I put my mind to it I can do it. I have done it before and I think my WEDDING is the best motivation ever! I am just looking for some extra support from other brides wanting to lose the weight. I like a challenge so that is what I am kinda looking for on here. Anyone have any good ideas for a Brides Weight loss Challenge?
Always a bridesmaid--Finally a Bride!!

Reply


jliae Posts : 5 Registered: 2/20/10
Re: LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: Val333

I also need to loose some weight. I need to loose about 50Ibs. I have also strugled with weight problems. I am curently watching what I eat by using the atkins diet guide book. It helps me count my calories and watch what i eat. I try to make sure that I eat 5 small meals a day. I even have a small bowl to eat all my meals. So far I lost 3 Ibs that is not bad for some one who started last week. I hope this helps you.

Reply

Allie76 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/16/10
Re: LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: Val333

I like a challenge too! I think a weight challenge with weekly weigh-ins with other brides would help motivate me. My wedding is August 8, 2010 and I want to lose 20-25 pounds. If you want to check-in with one another I would be more than happy to do it with you!

Reply


NicoleN1101 Posts : 44 Registered: 3/19/10
Re: LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 7:59 AM Go to message in response to: Allie76

I started a challenge thread for you... well and for me too ofcourse I also feel more motivated when I have people to answer to, even if I don't know them. But maybe this will keep the donuts away from my work desk.
If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!

Reply

Denise91980 Posts : 7 Registered: 8/4/09
Re: LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: Val333

I bought Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser) DVDs...I use the 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones...They are challenging, but they do work. I have been doing this for 6 weeks and lost about 20 lbs and am definitely toning. I wouldn't necessarily say I am dieting, but I am more conscious and have better portion control. I think if I were dieting I probably would've lost even more.

Reply


kaydeegirl Posts : 16 Registered: 3/22/10
Re: LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: Denise91980

Anyone know how effective walking (as in fast walking) for losing weight? That coupled with eating healthy. Maybe some toning exercises?

Reply

AngeArmani Posts : 56 Registered: 3/29/09
Re: LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Posted: Apr 5, 2010 8:40 PM Go to message in response to: kaydeegirl

Walking--regularly IS the best excercise. I think only 20 percent of losing weight is based on excercise, the other 80 percent is diet. Generally speaking, a diet based on low carbs/sugar is the one you'd want to look into. Also read up on food combining. But, to ease into any diet I would recommend including Vegetable juicing into your diet.

All the best,
Angela Armani.

My very own personal blog! It's all about cake toppers! weird huh?

http://ultimateweddingtopperguide.blogspot.com/

Please do! I'm interested in your thoughts!
Laughing

Reply

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Re: LOOKING FOR A BRIDES WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 5:47 AM Go to message in response to: Val333

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

Reply
RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine