You finally got engaged and you're ready to get married. Now, you're having a debate about whether or not to have a wedding event. One of you is not so excited about the time and money this would cost. After all, the whole idea is to be together forever, not put on an extravaganza.
But, there really is a good reason to sanctify your marriage in front of family and friends. It really is going to be good for your marriage-this is why:
1. A wedding ritual that includes all the people you care about becomes a meaningful moment to be shared forever.
2. The couple can palpably feel the love and joy that surrounds them
3. Their relationship is enhanced by the positive emotions displayed
4. The couple experience their lives becoming entwined with the vows they make and those who witness this event.
5. A reciprocal bond of support is solidified between the couple and their friends and family.
6. A wedding is really fun.
7. Dancing and revelry creates such happiness to be treasured
8. There is a chance to be grateful and sentimental in a formal way
9. Look for an opportunity to be reminded of your love all the time.
10. Transcendent joy is forever part of your special day. It really is so meaningful and nothing prepares you for how your heart will feel.
I agree that a wedding ceremony is very good for marriage. I don't, however, think the wedding ceremony has to cost a lot of money. I think sometimes brides-to-be get confused about this. "If I have a wedding, it will cost thousands and thousands of dollars". It doesn't have to. Simple can be elegant. Great post!
I just got into a heated argument with my husband this morning before I got to work. It really had me upset and I didn't know what to do. So you know what I did? I went online and looked at my wedding pictures. It really made me smile to see how happy we were that day.
I said that to say, a wedding does not have to break the bank for you, but every couple should have that day and those memories to go back to when the sun is not shining.
Thanks for posting this, because I really needed that!