Share the details about your ring!

Online Users: 1,373 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 314

Amberdawn7 Posts : 22 Registered: 2/6/10
Re: Share the details about your ring!
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: SMGray

I love looking at engagement rings, this is a fun thread :D I never dared to look at them until my fiance and I started talking about getting engaged because I didn't want to jynx things. But I'm a traditional girl, and knew I wanted a round yellow gold solitaire like my mom. I always liked round stones in other rings I wear, and although I don't have the same taste in fashion as my mom, I just grew up thinking that's what an engagement ring should look like.

My fiance brought me to pick out my setting (the diamond was an heirloom). I wanted something fairly simple so it would look good whether I was dressed up or dressed down. When we went to his family's jeweler (a very small place in Kettering, England) I told the man what I like, but also that if there's a two tone ring that catches my eye, I might go with that over yellow gold. He brought out a sampling of just 9 rings, and it was no contest for me. Standing there next to Adam, it all just felt right, I was drawn to it, and I've been thrilled with it ever since :) I didn't get to see it all put together with the heirloom diamond until the day he proposed a few weeks later.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/keca7/ringcloseup5.jpg

All the rings that I've looked at in this thread are very pretty and of course very special. But I have to say SMGray yours is so unique and feminine! Could you say the jeweler and city where you got it? (Here or in a PM). I still haven't found a band yet, not even sure what style to go with, so I'd be really interested to check out more of his work!

StephanieRS Posts : 9 Registered: 1/12/10
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: Amberdawn7

Ladies, all your rings are beautiful!

Here is mine. The main diamond (I don't know the technical terms lol) was passed down from my great grandmother to my grandmother to my mother to me. My fiance picked out the band.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: poohunne

Pooh, I am sorry. I never answered your ticker question.

The design I used is actually DH's artwork. If you click on my ticker, it will take you to a place where you can either pick a ticker or upload your own artwork for a unique ticker.

Misty

TR2010 Posts : 50 Registered: 11/15/09
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

well my engagement ring is from zales. My fiance proposed to me in april 2009 it is a 1 carat princess cut diamond in the center and accent diamonds on the side. It is also 14 carat gold band... i love it and i love him so much he means the world to me. We plan on getting married this yr proably in the summer

TR2010 Posts : 50 Registered: 11/15/09
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsSimpki...

i love ur ring its soooo cute... happy planning

MrsNgumi Posts : 1 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

I love my ring it's so big and beautiful...
Love is patience Love is kind.

AlovesJ Posts : 1 Registered: 2/15/10
Posted: Feb 15, 2010 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

custom designed sapphire/diamonds/yellow gold..me and my fiance took forever to find the stone....totally worth it all and i know its one of a kind

BlissfullBride Posts : 32 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 4:01 AM Go to message in response to: AlovesJ

Just took pictures of my new ring with my engagement ring. So excited! 70 days until the big day. My wedding ring is a Simon G with white and pink diamonds in white and rose gold. I had them complete the rose gold band to make it look like 3 seperate rings. I love the schrolling on the side. Of course the center stone isn't in yet but I'm planning to put my engagement ring stone in my wedding band a week before the wedding. Do you guys think my new ring looks enough like a wedding ring?

SANY0067 by mishyummie.
SANY0075 by mishyummie.

The future Dr. and Mrs. Peter Leung...

LilMissSouthern... Posts : 22 Registered: 11/10/09
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

My ring, that I absolutely love!
I love you more than Reece Pieces and ice cream together.

bosoxgirl Posts : 231 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

Just took pictures of my new ring with my engagement ring. So excited! 70 days until the big day. My wedding ring is a Simon G with white and pink diamonds in white and rose gold. I had them complete the rose gold band to make it look like 3 seperate rings. I love the schrolling on the side. Of course the center stone isn't in yet but I'm planning to put my engagement ring stone in my wedding band a week before the wedding. Do you guys think my new ring looks enough like a wedding ring?

Why did you get a whole new setting designed for your engagement ring? The one your FH picked out is beautiful.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BlissfullBride Posts : 32 Registered: 12/29/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2010 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: bosoxgirl

Bosoxgirl: I agree, my engagement ring is beautiful but he had it altered to fit the stone and any ring I put next to it doesn't sit flushed. It looked so weird with the gap. He suggested to get a new ring designed that we both love (the rose gold matches his own wedding band) and I am going to turn my engagement ring into a right hand ring which I hope to pass down one day.

The future Dr. and Mrs. Peter Leung... </center>

LeopardPrintBride Posts : 17 Registered: 2/20/10
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 11:04 PM Go to message in response to: BlissfullBride

My ring is a Le Vian piece; it's 14k pink ("strawberry") gold with a center stone that is cushion cut amethyst (my birthstone) that is surrounded by diamonds. The band itself has pink sapphires and diamonds embedded in it, for a total of eight sapphires and forty-four diamonds. It's not a traditional engagement ring, and it's not something that screams 'engaged!' the first time you see it, but it was the one I picked out, and the one I'd been in love with for years before he popped the question.

http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1%7C10101%7C10001%7C-1%7C371879406%7C15055%7C15055.15090.18131

18. Young bride-to-be. Cohabitating. Planning an Oct. 2011 wedding.

Edited by: LeopardPrintBride on Feb 20, 2010 11:08 PM

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: LeopardPrintBride

Leopart your ring is so so SO pretty I absolutely am in love with it :) (although I love mine too dont get me wrong!! FH did me proud!) :) Who cares if it doesnt "scream engaged" when you first look at it ( although to me it does..) its gorgeous and most importatnly YOU love it! :)

FutureMrsKemp Posts : 6 Registered: 10/4/09
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsSimpki...

Your ring makes me speechless Virginia2215. Wow! Looks like he got a great deal!

FutureMrsSimpki... Posts : 45 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKemp

FutureMrsKemp- Thank you! I still can't believe he got the ring I wanted. I thought it was a little expensive because my wedding band is another $1,200. My FH tells me that I'm worth every dime! :)

Future Mrs.Simpkins<3
--been engaged since o1-11-o9

"This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love."

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine