Tip on how to save on the floral budget

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0

AsRealAsItGets Posts : 9 Registered: 2/13/10
Tip on how to save on the floral budget
Posted: Feb 14, 2010 4:47 PM

Wanted to pass along a tip that saved me big $$$ for my wedding.
I found a florist who's style I loved. Not a florist shop, a floral artist. While shopping at my local grocery store (yes a grocery store!!) I kept noticing stunning, artistic arrangements. One day I stopped to ask about a lovely arrangement and I was told it was done by "Bill." later I meet with this Bill, I found that he once owned a lovely Floral Shoppe but had to sell it due to the economy and his need for health insur. etc. He was very nice and knowledgeable. Fast forward, I become engaged, start planning a wedding and I went back to the grocery store to find Bill.
I was able to purchase any flowers I wanted through the store as long as I was willing to pay and I had access to a fabulous florist artist who was Thrilled to do my wedding flowers, he had fab ideas and photos to share.
If I had to do it over again, I would keep Bill. I have used him again and again, dinner parties, showers, and special events.

Moral of the story do not judge a book by its cover. It is a talented florist artisan you are seeking not a florist shop.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine