Re: If you had a baby tomorrow...
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

Ladies,

If I have a baby tomorrow...

I'd sue the vasectomy doctor.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Girl- Alexandria Cassandra. Alexandria because I was always jealous of girls who had guy nicknames and this was if she if girlie she can be her full name or Alexa. I'm a big fan of changable names. Then Cassandra in honor of my mother who died when I was young.

Boy- I always liked Wesley. Don't tell my FH but it was the name of my first crush when I was in like 3rd grade and I always thought it was the best name.

Aunt- If you had a baby tomorrow I think I would laugh for the next week straight at your post saying how you are going to kill the doctor :)

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Aunt- If you had a baby tomorrow I think I would laugh for the next
week straight at your post saying how you are going to kill the doctor
:)

HAHAHAHA Too flipping funny!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Dear BAB,

"Aunt- If you had a baby tomorrow I think I would laugh for the next week straight at your post saying how you are going to kill the doctor :) "

I'd SUE, not kill, the vacetomy doctor. Correction.

As I've said before, there's a difference between Private Thoughts and Public Expression.

Murder might be in my Private Thoughts. A lawsuit would be my Public Expression. A big lawsuit. Double for twins.

RebeccaFazzio Posts : 323 Registered: 10/28/07
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Girl: Gabrielle Marie (Gabbi)

Boy: Anthony Paul (Tony)

However, I will never ever ever ever ever call my son Tony. I simply put that because I know for a fact that FH is going to call him Tony

For our 2nd choices

Girl: Victoria Lee (Tori/Toria)

Boy: Dominick John (Dom)

FH is Italian if you haven't noticed by the name choices. =)

For more traditional names I love:

Sarah Elizabeth

Charles Scott (Charlie)

Daisypath Wedding tickers

To love another person is to see the face of God.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RebeccaIngram&ScottFazzio

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 1:18 AM Go to message in response to: RebeccaFazzio

If I got pregnant tomorrow, I'd probably bawl my eyes out. And curse the fact that an accidentally pregnancy would seem VERY ironic after infertility treatments.

As for names...I honestly don't know. I think I'm screwed. DH likes Sarah and Cameron. I like those names, but I could never imagine naming my child either of them. I like unusual names (hence Aaralyn!)

And aunt - if my mom got pregnant tomorrow, I'm sure she'd be suing someone too. Since she had a hysterectomy :P
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 1:51 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

i grew up with a very odd name that was hard to pronounce...even though I thought it was pretty! So i really want to use "normal" or at least easy to pronounce names for our kids! For a boy we like the name Ethan Gabriel and for a girl we like the name lily and I would like to use my name as the middle name since gabriel is my fiance' s middle name but my middle name is a bit random..Brie. Maybe even my first name...marin....even though that is even weirder lol!!

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

oooh if he didn't have a say...

I would LOVE to name a little boy Atreyu and call him Trey for short, but DH never really liked the Neverending Story so this one's been veto'd, lol...

While we've already picked out and agreed on our first kid's name (Nicholas Alexander for a boy, Alexandria -Alexi- Nicole for a girl), I really have been liking the names Madison or Mackenzie for a girl as of late... I've also liked the name Riley for a girl too

I tend to write long posts - short and simple doesn't exist with me!
That's how I am, take it or leave it.

Find Your Own Bridal Look with my Virtual Makeover Tool!

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Wow, if I had a baby tomorrow I'd be TOTALLY unprepared.

For a girl, I love the names Isabella (Izzie, Bella) and Anna. Less traditional, I like the names Taylor and Jade.

For a boy, I really have no idea. Maybe Carson or Jackson - neither of which would go well with my future last name! I like the name Nathaniel (Nate - too much Gossip Girl here...).

Likely, I'll be looking at lists of baby names before I choose. I'd certainly need to know the gender before the baby is born. I've never been one to enjoy not knowing something - plus, if I'm so lucky as to have a baby shower, I'd really like to receive some gender-appropriate gifts :)

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

Also, I always thought it would be funny to name my girls with names associated with boys ie. Taylor, Morgan, Jordyn... I suppose that wouldn't be very nice - people would always think my little girls were little boys!

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

If I had a baby tomorrow I would never have to worry about anything ever again. It would be better than Aunts lawsuit.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

Jade1107.... my sister's name is morgan and she is always getting mail addressed to Mr. Morgan lol She even got a draft card when she turned 18 because they thought she was a boy lol

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: August28th

I got pretty lucky because Nate liked the names I liked.

But, he did veto Anika and I love that name.

If I had kids tomorrow, they would be Lucas and Elena. Which is what we are using!

Nat (22) Nate (31)

jeaniebelle87 Posts : 137 Registered: 11/23/07
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Those are such adorable names!!!! Awww
I love to pick out possible names (though any babies being had here are several years away...)
At the moment I really like Eleanor and Lucy for girls and Logan and Oliver for boys.
Someone up a ways mentioned having an unusual name that no one could ever pronounce. I feel your pain. I can't tell you the number of times I've had a teacher do the roll call and heard Jean (like blue jean), and then had to say no, it's Jeanne (like John, only female and French) and then it's always followed by "but just call me Jenny, but 'Jenny' is spelled Jeanie, not Jenny". Yikes! All my kids will have standard, easy to spell and easy to pronounce names.

Edited by: jeaniebelle87 on Feb 11, 2010 10:03 AM

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: jeaniebelle87

If I had a baby tomorrow, they would put me on suicide watch!

But the boy would be Michael Jr. and the girl would be baby X because I have my Jordin!

Lilypie - (8e8A)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine