Valentine's day

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25

HamzicBride Posts : 178 Registered: 12/28/09
Re: Valentine's day
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

This is going to be my bf (we have a ring so hope soon to be fiance) and I's first V-Day together. Valentine's day is always going to be a special day for us because it also happens to be his birthday HEHE. I guess I know what I'll be doing every V-Day ;) Birthday S.. wait...cough.

On a serious note, this is going to be our first V-day together, so it's going to be a special one. I am taking him out for dinner and taking him for a movie. Have some us time.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: HamzicBride

We usually go out to dinner and he sends me flowers at work (usually) - I LOVE flowers. We usually do something small for one another.

We have plans for dinner. And I'll probably cook something special for him on Saturday.

He just asked me what I might want - and suggested tickets to see Wicked!! Woohooo!!!! I'm SO excited. I reallly want to see it.

PERFECT gift - and then we spend that day together too!

I have NO idea what to get him. sigh I'll try and think of something.

MauraDarlene Posts : 2 Registered: 2/1/10
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 10:13 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Ummm i am not married yet, just engaged but this will be our sixth valentines day together... We have NO clue what we are going to do... Last year we went to Disneyland and we r kinda in a tough position bc we went to DL this last weekend and we have a cruise in a month so we are not doing a lot for this valentines day... We are just thinking dinner and a movie, I might make him a scrap book of our last couple disneyland trips (which included our engagement...) but we unfortunately don't have any big plane..

paralegal05 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/19/09
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Usually we go out to dinner and then see a movie or something after. This year we decided to change it up a bit. We are making dinner together and everything has to be completely homemade! His job is to come up with a dessert, and I told him it can't be anything from the a box! Hahaha. Then for dinner we are going to make Jerk Shrimp (got the recipe off the Bahama Breeze's website) crab legs and garlic dill red skin potatoes! Now I know if we went out to dinner at a restaurant for this we would pay at least $60! But I was able to get 50 shrimp, 3 lbs of crab legs and everything to make for $44!!!! I was impressed! We might go to the local Trader Joe's for a bouquet of flowers because I love their flowers! He came up with have candles! As far as a gift, I did not want us to spend anything! So we decided to make a creative heartfelt homemade gift. I am making him a CD of songs that hold a sentimental value to us. I am so excited and its only Wednesday!

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

This is our first married VDay. It's not different in the sense that we won't spend actual VDay together. (He works as restaurant manager.) We've always had to celebrate on another night. This year is different because I went a little more into making it extra special romantic. Tonight I rolled out cookie dough (that I mixed myself). I cut out letters. All through the house there are cookies. On the counter where it puts his keys it says "Be Mine". On the TV stand it says Luv me forever". The kitchen table has "RMG", our monogram. Coffee table says "I <3 U". Across the kitchen counter, I have spread small hearts and lips. Oh, the cookies. I think I'll have a tummy ache for days.

Theeeeen, for Saturday we're cooking cheese steaks together and exchanging small gifts. I bought him a nice dress shirt and wrapped it in a decorative teal box I saved from our wedding. I'm always overly mushy, but he's my hubby now. I want to make all our 1sts special.

wedding ticker

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mushaboo, that's really sweet. :)

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the sugar cookies? And do they come out soft or harder?

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/gale-gand/chewy-sugar-cookies-recipe/index.html

MrsMcD - I am not a chef. I follow other people's recipes and tweak a bit. I used the above from Food Network. Some were chewy (that I pulled at 8-9 min.) Some were a bit harder (that I lowered the temp 15 depgrees and left in till 11 min.) I used plain milk instead of buttermilk. I added some cinnimon and ginger to some of the cookies because that's how I like them.

He loved it. He came home about 12 and said you could smell the house from the outside because of all the cookies. I took pictures. I'll post later.

wedding ticker

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Very nice! Thanks for sharing =)

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45681.html

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

A-line Gold Strapless Sweetheart Layered Sequin Short Prom Dress
Save up to 48% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $88.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-strapless-sweetheart-layered-sequin-short-prom-dress-p-32369.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine