Drama over the flowergirl : ( Need some advice!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Drama over the flowergirl : ( Need some advice!
Posted: Feb 6, 2010 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: 2011Bridetobe

The fact is you both will probably still hear about it but just toe the line you both have decided. Just ignore her.

"The decision is made." End of discussion. Change the subject.

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

You are not wrong.

I actually find it RUDE to ask that parents of a kid you don't even know to be a flower girl. "Hey, I don't know your kid, but please buy a dress and rearrange your schedule to be a part of our wedding just so that our pictures can look good".

Which is why I did not have a flower girl or ring bearer - we didn't know any kids well enough!

A friend's child - now that is a good choice :)
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 10:29 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

I agree with Pharm and AOTB. Your FH needs to speak with his mother, immediately, if not before. She sounds like a clone of my FMIL, and my FH had to, finally, have a talk with her. Trust me, if you don't put your foot down, now, it'll only get much worse. Mine got to the point where she was trying to dictate EVERYthing about our wedding - flowers, guestlist, invitations (the hag tried to completely change 'em!), reception ideas. Oh, it got bad. Nip it in the bud, now. You'll be glad you did.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Feb 7, 2010 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: 2011Bridetobe

Dear 2011,

"That's exactly what I was thinking! But my FMIL doesn't understand, she is trying to make us feel like we are inconveniencing them. "

Tough. Sonny Boy needs to tell Mom to go pound sand.

desiofwonderland Posts : 10 Registered: 2/6/10
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: 2011Bridetobe

Me and my FH had a similar (although smaller) dissagreement about who the flower girl was going to be.

He has a 8 year old daughter who will be a month shy of 9 by our wedding. I have 2 nieces that will be 3 and 5, and felt that his daughter was a little old for a flower girl, but didn't want to hurt his feelings or hers and wanted her to be apart of the wedding.

After some research I found out that you can have Junior Bridesmaids. I brought this up to my FH and he thought it was sweet that I would give her that honor and we came to a compramise.

In short, assigning other roles for the little ones is always a great compramise, because all little girls want to feel special and pretty on wedding days.

TkNJ Posts : 8 Registered: 2/3/10
Posted: Feb 8, 2010 8:34 AM Go to message in response to: desiofwonderland

I have a similar situation with flower girls. Me and my fiance both have young cousins to be flower girls. My cousin is well behaved, not shy and has been a flower girl previous and was great. His cousin is very shy and everytime we see her she is crying for 2 of the 3 hours were together. She is attached at the hip to her parents and I don't think she would be a good fit. We cannot agree so what we are going to end up doing is having 2 flower girls. It's always an option if you cannot agree and this way everyone is happy.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine