B-Maids/Ceremony & Reception Colors?!?!?!

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

AmandaBailey Posts : 9 Registered: 1/22/10
B-Maids/Ceremony & Reception Colors?!?!?!
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 4:15 AM

So my wedding will be based around yellow, sunflower and buttercup yellow, which will as well be my main flowers. Now im trying to figure out if I should throw the yellow off iwth a light brown oor a light blue... The wedding will be in Tennessee, very homely, very family oriented. Everything is pretty much being hand made and/or decorated by me, the moms, and MOH with flowers from the sunflower and buttercup field the family owns... What do you ladies think?

THEN, do i make the MOH dress yello and the maids the other or the other way around. or the dresses mixed, or yellow flowers and a blur or brown dress? Im so lost!! But so excited hehe!!
Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold
it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s
true strength

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Re: B-Maids/Ceremony & Reception Colors?!?!?!
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaBailey

You might want to use a contrasting color for the dresses if your flowers are yellow....my color theme started with black majic roses....and then I took it from there. I chose fall colors, also my favorite colors for the dresses and then put the flowers up to those colors and then added some colors to compliment the black majic roses, but that's how it started with one rose. I had to have those in my flowers! Or you could use the yellow for your BM dresses and then find complimenting flowers? I really wanted the flowers to just pop against the colors, not blend in.

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaBailey

I definitely think that it would be a good idea to throw in another color that stands out from your yellows. What about using brown to bring out the brown in the center of the sunflower?

Use a brown ribbon to tie your bouquet together.
Brown sash around your wedding dress.
Brown dress for your MOH while your BMs are in yellow.
Brown ribbons around your vases with your centerpiece flowers.

There are so many different ways that you can bring this color in without losing the warth of the yellows. I think your color scheme is beautiful & whether you go with the blue or the brown, it'll turn out great! I'm a huge fan of brown as an accent color, whether it be with hot pink, light green, yellow or any other color.

"Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, Ease my troubles, that's what you do." -Rod Stewart

AmandaBailey Posts : 9 Registered: 1/22/10
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

You guys are awesome!!! See thats what i wanted, the flowers to stand out becasue the sunflowers are my favorite part. But im trying to decide the best color to clash with the yellow, but also keep the same type or aura for my wedding. The small, country, family oriented wedding. It will be on the lands of my family in law, they own land out there. And we are most likely taking pictures with the scenery as well as the barn and an old truck thats out there. So its very old fahioned.
What type of colors fits best? I LOVE the brown with yellow, but i think those 2 colors together blend a little too much and the yellow flowers wont blend
Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold
it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s
true strength

DNAmindy Posts : 47 Registered: 7/24/09
Posted: Feb 4, 2010 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: AmandaBailey

Here's a few pictures I found with yellow & an accent color.

Yellow and Lavender
Yellow menu cards tempted guests with the appetizers and main course. The couple also provided a full dessert table complete with Rice Kristpies Treats, truffles, finger cookies and strawberries.

Yellow and Green

Yellow and Blue

Yellow and Pink

Yellow and Gray

Hope this gave you some ideas!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: AmandaBailey

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD.
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine