Which veil to pick???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

KLWitter Posts : 2 Registered: 2/1/10
Which veil to pick???
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 5:21 PM

Hi Everyone, i'm hoping to get some of your opinons about what type of viel i should get. I have a Maggie Sottero "Tamara" dress, very beautiful and sparkly, with a silver ribbon around the wait and follows the train to the floor. (included picture). I am hoping to keep all my hair down nice and big round curls and waves. I'm also hoping to put in a nice white flower to pull back the hair a teensy bit on one side. Do you think a birdcage veil would look good? or should i stick with a waist length viel?

Thanks for your input!
Kirsten

Edited by: KLWitter on Feb 1, 2010 5:22 PM

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Re: Which veil to pick???
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 5:50 PM Go to message in response to: KLWitter

What a gorgeous dress! I would go with a traditional fingertip veil. You can still add a flower to this if the veil attaches towards the middle of your head or in back. When I imagine bird cage veils, I think of more vintage or trendy gowns. And yours doesn't say that to me. However, a birdcage may still look very nice with your gown. Especially if the flower had a rhinestone center to tie in with the embelishment on the gown.

check out our wedding website: shawnandkathaeleen.brides.com

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: KLWitter

I'd definitely do the fingertip veil. I think it matches the style of your dress better.

If you want to, you could always change to the birdcage veil before the reception to mix it up a little and get the best of both worlds.

AmyJustin2010.Weebly.Com

Amy & Justin--Buffalo Sabres Fanatics :) 

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 2:25 PM Go to message in response to: AmyJustin2010

I vote for a fingertip veil too! I wore a Maggie and wore a fingertip veil. I think the birdcage would look funny with your dress...

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

KLWitter Posts : 2 Registered: 2/1/10
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: KLWitter

do you think I should try to get silver lace on the borders of the veil? I usually just see white lace, but since my dress has mostly silver lace should i try to get that or just go with no lace at all?

Thanks for your input!

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: KLWitter

I don't think you should have lace on the veil, I'd stick to a more simplistic veil! Your dress is gorgeous by the way!

"Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, Ease my troubles, that's what you do." -Rod Stewart

NorthernBelle26 Posts : 4 Registered: 10/1/09
Posted: Feb 3, 2010 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

I agree with Jersey. Plain fingertip veil.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine