MOH & Flowers...

Online Users: 1,366 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
MOH & Flowers...
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 3:12 PM

I have 2 MOHs in my wedding and 3 bridesmaids...I want to do something for the MOHs to make them stand out a bit. Any suggestions?? I was thinking about giving them a larger bouquet than the BMs..but then mine would have to be even bigger lol. Thanks for your input!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: MOH & Flowers...
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

I have seen bridesmaids carry a single stem flower. It looks really nice. Maybe you can do something like that and then have your MOH carry a boquet or have them carry 3 flowers instead of the single flower. It will be A LOT cheaper that way. Or if you want you can have them all carry a bouqet but have your MOH carry a boquet that looks similar to yours by it having the same flowers.

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 9:48 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

You could give tghem a different color or combination of colors. Say, your bouquet is white and your maids have mixed pinks. MOH could have a similar style, but all in a deeper pink. I have no idea if these are your colors, but you get the idea. Any good florist should be able to help you work out variations on a theme.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

JennfromFolsom Posts : 34 Registered: 3/6/09
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: myra

My MOH wore a long brown dress and had a larger bouquet and the other bridesmaids wore pink!

Jenn & Dave

Married 10/4/09 Forest Hill, CA

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

The larger bouquet idea would work.

And I like Cheetah's suggestion about carrying one single stemmed flower too.

But if you want them to stand out even more you could give them a different dress color or dress style. I am personally a big fan of all the same colored dresses but with different fits & styles for the MOH.

I'm sure that whatever you decide to do will make them feel special, whether the difference stands out or not. They'll appreciate the thought.

"Have I Told You Lately that I love you? Have I told you there's no one else above you? Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, Ease my troubles, that's what you do." -Rod Stewart

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I agree with Myra that differing the color of the flowers would be good. Since you don't want your bouquet to weigh 100 pounds ;) this might be a better alternative to making the bouquets larger. If you have several colors or even two, MOH's could have one color while BM have the other. You could also wrap the stems in different colored ribbon, if you're wrapping stems. There are also different types of bouquets, such as the ball ones and also tussy mussy containters. These are really neat and would give the MOH's a little something extra. Here is a pic of one type of tussy mussy. They come in different styles and any florist can get them.

Edited by: happydefiant1 on Jan 29, 2010 11:21 AM

SpideyBridey Posts : 66 Registered: 5/17/09
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas!!! Much appreciated!

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:41 PM Go to message in response to: SpideyBridey

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine