May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

LOL @ MrsKlein! You get em girl...silly UPS people. They can 'draw perfect circles' but will run you in circles to get your package. Who doesn't care a cellphone anymore? They are still in the dinosaur ages...and that is a lie straight from the pits of hell! LOL!

Brianz, I am SO proud of you! Look at all you have gotten done! You just put a spark up my booty because I have been laying around eating and sleeping the majority of the day...yeah, not good! I love the bridal shower invites! Its raining diamonds and e-rings! Whatta cute theme! I wish I knew those songs that you are using with your dad, but I bet the ZZ Top song is hilarious, especially if its about a hoe-bag! LOL! That's cute that you two have such a fun relationship :-) I'm glad you like my earrings...that used to be a necklace! I tell you what...u can do anything you put your mind to. I'm learning that lesson through this whole 'wedding planning' ordeal, sheesh! I didn't have my hair trial because my beautician decided to cut my hair off short again because it was so damaged. I will actually be using extensions on my wedding day, so I have to let my hair grow and regain its healthiness once again. I know, it sucks and I cried while she was cutting it off sniffles. BUT HEY, I gotta cute haircut! LOL! Sometimes you gotta see the sunshine through the rain, you know...Once it grows out some, she and I plan on doing the hair trial, then I'll move over to the next booth and get fake lashes applied, and then down the hall to the make-up department (yeah, Di Sorellas is chock-full of vanity workers!) so I'm excited that I get to experience that soon!

How's everyone else coming along with the wedding planning?

FutureMrsKlein Posts : 164 Registered: 5/2/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 5:18 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Well I got the dress, after the lady came back in from the back and asked what it was, how much it was worth and if it was insured. But I have it and made an appointment for the end of February for alterations! Yippie.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

Sorry about the bad quality and weird faces lol.....phone pics!! But you guys get the jist of it right? Ill probably take these off (or at least the one with the girls) in a few days... But maybe not...untill then - take a look!! I think everything turned out nicely once put together and the girls dresses are knee length...

MrsBabler Im glad to hear you're ok!!! Ugh accidents sucks. CArs in general do lol.

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:21 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

and P.S.....I HATE GROWING MY HAIR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :((((( anyone with me??anyone??

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 10:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

ROTF! I saw this post in the "Recent threads" area and about died laughing. I so understand your pain. I kept looking at my hair and saying "You piss me off on September 27, and you're mine" It was driving me bats. Yes, in October (about a week after the honeymoon) I had about 5 inches cut off. Felt sooooooo good.

(And yes, it will be worth it when your stylist has something to work with, but honestly, it is a nuisance. I'm rather glad to hear I am not the only one it drove <is driving> nuts!)

Misty

mrssankeyjr Posts : 60 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsKlein

• Star fish so sorry to hear about your car accident. But Thank God that you made it. .... I love that song.. Anyway, sorry I haven't been posting My Supervisor got on all of us for bloging and all that at work so we can't do it anymore.
  • Mr. S. I love your dress very cute. The mermaid silhouette is always flattering.. Glorious girl!
  • I have a questing though. As we all have been planning our weddings, what are y'all doing about the leagal stuff. I know about how to obtain the marriage license. But what about changing our names, SSN and DMV all of that stuff, and If we are planning to travel after the wedding do we use our new last name or o our old one? I was just thinking about this stuff today, I really haven't given any effort to that aspect of getting married.
  • But I have been busy, I went to our local hobby store and priced all the deco and extra's like the guest book and pin, unity candle, pillow and broom. I'm still debating about the flowers I was planning on DIY bouquets and boutinerres, but, now that I moved the wedding date up a week it is now before mothers day. So my plan to purchase the mother's day flowers at discount is out.
  • Well ladies I hope everything is going well.

love brings change

ldybug123 Posts : 20 Registered: 6/23/09
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Beautiful dresses MrsS! I love the yellow!

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: mrssankeyjr

MrsS2010! I love those gowns...you and your girls are gonna look fly on the big day! The yellow does just lift your spirits when you look at it!

As for the legalities of things, I have also been thinking about it, but have not dug deep enough to truly know. What I do know is it takes quite some time to legally change your name, but in Kentucky, if your name is about to change due to marriage, you cannot change it to your husband's last name until you are married. This sucks and basically stopped my research process because I wanted to go ahead and change my last name so that on my wedding day, I was legally Mrs. B. Wrong. Keep me posted on what you find out and I will do the same regarding anything new that I find.

ldybug123 Posts : 20 Registered: 6/23/09
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

On the name changing thing, from what I read if you are going out of the country for the honeymoon (if you need your passport) it is important that you do evevrything in your maiden name. It makes me crazy thinking of all the things that are going to need a name change.................credit cards, insurance(health, car), SSN, drivers license, license for work, aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know it takes awhile for some of those to actually change.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 10:13 PM Go to message in response to: ldybug123

Yes. You won't be changing your name until you have a copy of your marriage license and can change everything like your SSN and your passport. So make all of your reservations in your maiden name. (This is of course unless you do your HM at a much later date.)

mrssankeyjr Posts : 60 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: ldybug123

Wow, I didn't even think about the credit cards, banks, IRA OMG!!! That is a lot of stuff to change. Yeah, probablly just wait until after honeymoon to start changing things, and let it come more gradually then try and do everything at the same time. Like when monthly bills come change it then, ya know?

Ok I got some pics of my stuff. LOL don't laugh i am no photographer and it was from my phone cam.

here are my shoesl, the color isn't great by the picture but they are "candlelight", a true ivory color.

Here is a pic of my garter, and my beautiful sash. My dress came with a colored sash, but as we all know, colored sashes are "sooo passe" LOL, so I picked a crystal and pearl beaded sash. My dress dosen't have any texture to it but with the sash it adds the "pop" to make the dress outstanding.
Here is my dress, sorry again for the low quality, you can't really see the deatail of the bodice but you can get the picture.

Tell me what y'all think............

love brings change

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 12:33 AM Go to message in response to: mrssankeyjr

There are STILL some things that I haven't changed. Seriously. It's insane to try and change the name on your PayPal account. Of ALL THINGS. A number of things were stolen from my house, including my marriage certifiicate. I can show them my license and another id with my name changed - NO GO. But they will still take money or deposit into my bank account with a DIFFERENT name. How in the f' is that secure??

Sorry, I digress. With the state, etc and the IRS, is you change your name at the Social Security office, they get it. Then you can get a driver's license with your new name, etc. Then you can change your credit cards - that's not difficult.

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hey girls! I think we are becoming the popular thread :) We get visitors from all over now :)

Toy- I'm so glad that I sparked the wedding bug haha. That's a bummer about your hair but at least your hair is cute and short! I was always jealous of girls who could rock the short hair. I just look like a white girl gone rock/butch lol.

MrsS- The dresses are so cute together! I'm with you on the hair! I normally cut about 5 inches off my hair EVERY summer. I haven't missed a summer since I was 13 (minus the year I got senior pictures taken). After I got engaged I swore I wouldn't cut my hair off (minus the occasional little trim). So far my hair is about 5-6 inches past my collar bone. Back to the dresses though, they are SO cute together. I can't wait to see wedding pictures with all the guys too!

The name change thing, I've looked into it. Here in warm AZ I can't do anything with FH last name until I have the wedding certificate. There is something weird here where when I get the wedding license I have to send one off, plus I have to have another copy for the SS office. After I show them (they have the option to take the official copy if they want) I have to wait around 24 hours then I can go to the DMV and get my license changed. After that, I have free range to change everything.

So my invitations were supposed to come in today. I called earlier and they were busy so I have to call back later. Hopefully they will have them crosses fingers. Fh and I are in the process of slowly getting some stuff of ours put together. Right now we are getting our car insurance together and we will get our phone plans together about a week before the wedding. The apartment is already in both our names. It's slow but surely!!

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

We are popular. I guess we sit at the cool kids table.

MrsS2010 I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoes. Love! Your dress is amazing also (but I have a thing for pink shoes...love!)

BrainsAZ- Please sent the biggest box of sunshine and warmth you can find. When are you planning on sending out the invitations? I just sent my final edits to the person making mine so hopefully I will have them soon. In proper CIY fashion I am having the envelopes done by the printer (it was 50 cents more per invitation and I have less than 70 invitations going out so I figured it was worth it). I am going to stuff the envelopes though so thats kind of DIY right?

Okay so.... I think I'm maybe, mostly sure that I am probably going to keep my last name most. Unless I change my mind........

This question may have been asked already but are any of you getting a present for your FH to give him on your wedding day? If so what? I order my FH monogrammed, locket cufflinks. His mom is going to find photos of his grandparents for me to put in them. Its cheesy but this way all of his grandparents can be there. His one living grandparent, his 96 year old grandmom on his moms side will be there so that is awesome. I even made an appointment for her to get her hair done with me the day before the wedding.

Its so cold in my office. I keep looking at pictures of the resort we are going to for our honeymoon and trying to imagine I am already there.

wedding tickers

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Mrssankey your shoes are just GLOWING! lol...I love ivory and off white colors you are gonna look fabulous!! And Im in love with that sash you have :) ...thats kinda what I had wanted for my dress but instead they made it with like..white pearls - no sparkle. What are your girls wearing??What are all your colors?

Thanks girls for all the compliments! the yellow really does just make me smile like Toy said and Im hoping I can pass that along to all the guests at the wedding with everything else Im planning!! I really cant wait to see everyones wedding pics with everything were all planning :)

Thanks Catstandish, lol. I love love love having short hair so going from this short.... (me on left)

to what you see in the dress pics - its torture!! I need enough hair to do:

whats everyone else doing for thier hair??

The name changing thing is not overwhelming me when I think about it because I plan to do the SSN and drivers license first and then kinda change things as I go along (as bills and stuff come in like someone else mentioned) But I probably forget about a lot of the little extras that will pop up. Though I plan to handle those the same way! We are booking the honeymoon stuff with our own separate names though, although we will have our marriage certificate earlier than the church ceremony.

I had to call the seamstresses today to discuss fixing a few things on my dress. Defenitely needs to be taken in a bit because I feel like Im pushing my stomach and everything OUT to make it feel the way it SHOULD fit - and Id rather feel the need to suck in rather than that!! Lol. Also theres just a few things that I had specifically asked for and didnt get and after the "omg I have my wedding dress" feeling left me I couldnt help but feel a bit upset because I had paid to have this dress the way I wanted it. And I dont mean to be a bridezilla (and dont think I am being one...)but those were special touches that shouldnt have been forgotten - such as buttons on the back and a sparkly sash (among other things). I am like the defenition of the opposite of confrontational so I was so happy to get their voicemail so that I could prepare them ahead of time for what I was calling about lol.. I feel ssooooo bad!!!! :(

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine