Using bouquets as centerpieces?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Using bouquets as centerpieces?
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 6:52 PM

I never post here...that's weird. Anyway - I finally have a flower question.

For most of our tables, we are using candles for centerpieces (just my preference, and I found candles that fit nicely with our unofficial 'theme'). Anyway - so the guest tables will have the candles, but I was thinking of getting a floral centerpiece for the head table - but then I thought to myself, 'Hey....I'll already have my bouquet and my 4 BMs bouquets - and I'm not sure what we'd do with them after the ceremony ANYWAY, so maybe we should use them for centerpieces for the head table.' 

Ok, so now that I have this brilliant idea, what do I do? Put them in vases? How do I know what size of a vase I'll need? Any other ideas? Someone HAS to have done this before!  

DaisypathWedding Ticker

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Re: Using bouquets as centerpieces?
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I did it!!  I used my bouquet as one of the centerpieces on our long table.  My MOH's bouquet decorated the guest book table.

Check with your florist before buying vases, my florist actually had the bouquets in vases when I picked them up, so I bought vases for nothing!!

The vases I bought, I found at walmart for around $2.99.  I wanted to make sure they were stable, so I picked a vase that was 8 inches high, and 4 inches around at the top and bottom.  The center of my vase curved in a bit sort of like this )( and was 3 inches at the narrow part.

Hope this helps!!  

Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Daisypath Ticker

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

That's a fine idea, and it is done quite often. They probably would be ok just lying on the table (they've been soaked and conditioned, but a simple glass vase would work, too. If you're using a florist, just discuss this idea beforhand, and the florist sould be able to advise you on height, shape, weight, etc. For even more pizzazz,perhaps scatter some matching fresh petals and some votives to fill in the space between bouquets, or do an extra special arrangement to place where you two are sitting.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: myra

I think it's a good idea for another reason - it gives you and your BMs somewhere to PUT the darn things while the party is on! I was a BM at my sister's wedding, and the other girl and I had to stash our bouquets on the gift table because there wasn't space for them on our table once food was served. The just lay there looking dumb. So I think it's a great idea to decorate and tidy up, as it were. :-)

When is my wedding

On October 31st 2008 I marry my One True Love!

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I was MOH in a wedding in November, and we did this.  The site she used had a vase available for her bouquet (used on the bride and groom's table).  My bouquet and the other two bridesmaids' bouquets were just laid on different table - I think one was on the gift table, one was on the cake table, and I can't remember the third. 

LoveSmartDesign Posts : 11 Registered: 12/19/09
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I did this for my September wedding -- it just makes so much sense (and saved me a pretty penny). My florist provided the blue pitcher, which I returned to her, and for the side bouquets I picked up some short pitchers at TJMaxx and brought them to the florist in advance so she knew what to work with.

For custom wedding puzzles and games, visit www.LoveSmartDesign.com!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: LoveSmartDesign

Wow ArtBride, I don't think I've ever seen one of your "how do I deal with this?" questions as you were a Married Old Hag when I joined <G>

However, in the interest of other brides who might find this resurrected thread useful....

There are also Bouquet Holders that you can get at places like Hobby Lobby... you clip it on the table and bouquet is placed in the holder. It decorates the front of the head table. The clip comes with various attachments so that you can customize it to your bouquet style.

I used the wrong one because I had THOUGHT I was going to have the long stem, tied with a ribbon type bouquet. I gave my florist free rein with the bouquet design (I know him very well), and all of the ones I had shown him I loved had that style, and that was the only element I asked for. However, when the flowers came in, that is not how they worked...I ended up with one of those hook holders (which I wish he'd told me about ahead of time, so I could have bought a nice holder for it....anyway <G>....AND so that I could have put the correct attachment on the table.) It worked great, even with the wrong attachment, and it looked beautiful.

you can put them in Vases, but you can also decorate the table front with them.

Misty

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I believe that the bouquets are a gift to the bridesmaids, and are theirs to keep if they want. So as long as they can still do this, I think it's a good idea.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

bridrella Posts : 3 Registered: 1/28/10
Posted: Jan 28, 2010 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

You can put them in vases, or leave them lying together (gathered in the middle) on the headtable. You can also reuse any flowers from the church for centerpieces and decorations.
My blog: Briderella - Wedding Planning Blog

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

A-line White One Long Sleeve Open Back Knee-length Prom Dress With Applique
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $98.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-white-one-long-sleeve-open-back-kneelength-prom-dress-with-applique-p-32118.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine