SUNSET JAMAICA GRANDE - OCHO RIOS

Online Users: 1,302 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 6

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
SUNSET JAMAICA GRANDE - OCHO RIOS
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 6:42 PM

Hey fellow future brides! Its been a while since I have been on here and I was kind of missing he chats, lol. I hope all the April 2010 brides are just as excited and anxious as I am about our upcoming weddings, we have less than 4 months to go!!! Now to my question, has anyone been married or planning to have a wedding at the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa in Ocho Rios, Jamaica? I am planning a destination wedding and well its too late to change my mind now but I just wanted to get some reviews/opinions/advice about the place. I have looked at reviews online and some are bad and some are good, but it is kinda making me uneasy.....

Be Blessed!

HummingbirdHall... Posts : 10 Registered: 2/20/10
Re: SUNSET JAMAICA GRANDE - OCHO RIOS
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: FutureSaunders

Congratulations on your wedding! Not long now!

I havent had a wedding at the Sunset Grande, but I've been to a number of conferences there, and stayed there a few times. The last time I was there was in September 2009. The recent rennovation definitely gave it the "uplift" it needed. The staff were - as always - friendly and attentive and the hotel is definitely well located. The crowd seemed youngish/families, and it was definitely vibrant - so you are looking for somewhere with a "buzz" I'm sure it'll be perfect. However, it may not be so if you were looking for a more quiet and intimate vibe...

That said, Jamaica is a fabulous place to get married. I'm sure your wedding will be as great as you imagine!!

Have a fabulous wedding!

Jamaica: Once You Go - You Know!

Hummingbird Hall, Jamaica: http://www.hummingbirdhall.com/

Destination Wedding Jamaica

FutureSaunders Posts : 95 Registered: 9/18/08
Posted: Mar 6, 2010 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: HummingbirdHall...

thanks a lot! Yes i am looking for a place that is fun and lively, lol. Thank for the information, I thought no one would ever respond! LOL

Be Blessed!

JamaicaWeddingG... Posts : 5 Registered: 6/9/10
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: FutureSaunders

Sunset Jamaica Grande is a wonderful choice to celebrate your Jamica wedding. Ocho Rios islo a great destination spot in jamaica. It a little urbanized as most cities are not like Negril or Portland which tends to be more rustic.

What it is about Sunset Jamaica grande that appeals to me however is it beach and the gazebo. I have never stayed there though. The service I hear is excellent but the rooms are dormitory style not villa so if you are looking for a villa experience Sunset Jamaca Grande is not the place to go. The best rooms are either the Ocean View or the One Bedroom suite with master bedroom and sitting area. entertainment is ok I hear and the food is great. They have a lot of faclities to pamper a bride or bride to be and to help you celebrate your Honeymoon.

Can't tel you anthing about anay discountthatthey might be offering, hush.

Remeber to book early and start the process of fulfilling your Jamica wedding requirement now.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: JamaicaWeddingG...

um...she got married in April.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

JamaicaWeddingG... Posts : 5 Registered: 6/9/10
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 8:13 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

why did you have to burst my bubble

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: JamaicaWeddingG...

Well, based on your profile I'm thinking you are a vendor. Advertising for jamaica wedding guide services.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine