What's up April 2010's?!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 72

happydefiant1 Posts : 223 Registered: 7/9/09
Re: What's up April 2010's?!
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: CandyK

So, FH and I FINALLY decided on our invitation stamp and wording this past weekend. I'm gonna get started on those now that I have a month break from school. yay!

Also, I get to go this week for my first gown fitting!!! I am soooo excited about this. One of my bm's is an amazing seamstress and she is duplicating this mori lee gown for me. I can't wait to get it on. I can't stop smiling!!

Created by Wedding Favors

Edited by: happydefiant1 on Dec 14, 2009 3:38 PM

CandyK Posts : 33 Registered: 6/8/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

That gown is gorgeous! I'm going gown looking this Saturday. I hope I find mine. I think my fiance` and I are going to send out the Save the Dates on January 2nd. I'm thinking like a New Years type of thing. He told me I'm getting something sparkly this week so I hope he's giving me my ring. That would be the cherry on top.

I wish I could send some of my dress ideas so you guys can see them. I'm thinking about being different than people in my family and wearing a tea length dress since my theme is a tea party and it's kind of vintage like as well. My aunt flipped out when I told her I saw a cute tea length dress online. Although everyone in my family, except my parents got married in very different ways, they all feel like they can tell me to do traditional stuff. They're crazy. My aunt and uncle took my grandfather and my great great aunt to the Bahamas and got married there with just the four of them. Both my aunts eloped and my grandmother eloped in someone's living room in their home with a minister. No one went with tradition so I think they want to live out their dreams through me. Sorry for the mini-rant. lol.

https://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?langId=-1&catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&catentryId=6144082

https://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?langId=-1&catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&catentryId=6144080

https://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?langId=-1&catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&catentryId=6144084

https://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?langId=-1&catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&catentryId=6144086

CandyK

zoe1983 Posts : 115 Registered: 4/8/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: CandyK

CandyK...I think both of those shorter dresses are really cute! I actually fell in love with a few of the shorter dresses too and thought about getting one. I guess what changed my mind was I felt like I could find other occasions to wear a shorter white dress (especially the cocktail length one). I knew that wearing a full length white gown would probably only happen on my wedding day. If you don't really have a desire to wear a full length white gown though, go for the shorter dresses! They are beautiful and elegant and its your wedding day so you get to wear whatever you want! lol Your family will get over it when they see you walking down the aisle looking beautiful!

BibliophileMom Posts : 80 Registered: 3/26/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

Okay, so...I'm freaking out! The only thing we've accomplished since the last time I posted was to order the invitations and buy the plane tickets. We ran out of money and time, and have sort of been putting it off until after the holidays. There's so much left to do! 3 1/2 months to go. Agh!

Order my dress (I've picked it out, but need to get measured)
Get fiance's clothes (we're getting married on the beach, so he's wearing tan slacks and a tropical shirt)
Order daughter's dress (she hasn't even picked one out yet)
Shoes, jewelry, etc
Order rings
Find a DJ
Find a photographer
Address and mail invites
Pay for a bunch more stuff!

Oh, and I guess we did also get our reception decorations mostly done. So, maybe we've done more than I though. :)

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: BibliophileMom

biblio,

You seem to have more done than you think. When making my list it just keeps getting longer and longer. I showed FH yesterday the minute details we have to hammer out and he just stared at me in disbelief. He didn't realize that there was still so much to be done. He did cross one thing off the list for me - seating chart. He nixed it! Oh, we also decided to go with hearty hor d'earves over a sit down meal. I think this promotes more mingling and dance time...

I keep having these dreams (well, nightmares really) that my seamstress (friend and BM) comes to me for my first showing of my dress in March and I end up hating it and then don't have enough $ left over or time to get a new one. I wake up with the most unsettling feeling. I panic and want to call her and check the status of the dress, but at the same time I don't want to be a pest. However, the dreams are horrible! What if my dress isn't ready in time or I hate it when she shows it to me??? Well, as of last week my nightmare seems to be coming true :( She had originally told me that my dress would be in its first try on/look stage in October, this way we'd have plenty of time to make adjustments and tweek it, then she came back and said November, then she said def before Christmas. Last week she called to say that it is nowhere near ready and she hopes to have it by end of January!! I am freaking out! I have yet to even see the dress and the wedding is 3 months away!! I prefer to have the dress by March 1 so I can do pictures with it and get shoes and jewelry, etc..... I am very concerned. But don't know how to approach my friend without being pushy.... p.s. not only does she have my dress to do, but also FH's vest and tie, also 3 bm dresses w/boleros, a jr bm dress and a flower girl dress.... dresses and vests and boleros, OH MY!!!

On top of that, our venue informed me last week (2 days before Christmas) that they accidentally double booked my day so I have to either move the wedding up a week (which is Easter weekend) or push it back to September!!! FH and our family have decided that the 3rd will be fine, but with the wedding getting closer and closer I'm getting wedding butterflies!!! Not to be confused with cold feet! ;) I'm nervous that nothing will go as planned and everything will fall apart. I know to expect mishaps and what not, but I'm so nervous!!! It's more like stage fright or performance anxiety than anything... but its making me hesitant to make and send out invites... FH keeps telling me breathe and it will all be ok. He is so amazing....

Still need to:
finalize and deposit caterer (waiting on her)
book dj
decide on reception decorations
investigate dance lessons
TELL MY MOM!!!! yeah, a biggie there... never seems like the right time....
decide on flowers (should be a cinch, my mom's a florist)
discuss ideas with photog
mandatory counseling sessions with pastor
make and send invites
wedding party and my jewelry
fit for my gown and get shoes
make definite decision on wedding music
book honeymoon
and on and on and on.....

GRRR!!! 3 more months!!!! :) :) :) We're gonna make it!!

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: CandyK

Candy,

I like both the tea length dresses. I tried on the last one you posted and it is very flattering when its on. I think you should try it. I also like the bolero. I think it adds a little extra class. Your fam might be trying to live out their traditional wedding with you, but if different is what you want, then you should explain that to them and I'm sure they'll be supportive. A tea party theme sounds so fun!! You could do sort of a victorian tea party with vintage tea pots for centerpieces and floral embellishments on invites, table cloths or wall hangings. I can imagine it now.... so pretty and feminine!! The lace tea length gown would go well with this, IMO.

Did you get something sparkly yet? If not, maybe new years!! I'll be hoping for you :) Keep us posted!!

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

So, I really don't think I've gotten much else done since my last post, and that's pathetic! We did take his parents, per FMIL's nagging request, to see the church and fellowship hall. I'm not sure what the trip was for... Perhaps the size of the fellowship hall determines whether steak or chicken will be served at the rehearsal dinner. =)

I'm in the process of searching for some inexpensive letters, online, to make my monogrammed cake topper. I think I found a pretty decent seller on Ebay, and the shipping's free. You can't really beat that! I'm mailing my invitations the first week of March, so I'm getting those printed next week, so I can start working on the very tedious job of addressing envelopes!

Hope everyone's doing well and getting a lot more done than I am! =)

Visit our wedding website!    http://www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

hehehe! Sweet do you think you'll be getting steak or chicken???

I finally told my parents about the wedding. In case y'all don't know the back story. My parents weren't too keen on the idea cause they weren't crazy about FH previously (we dated during our teen years, ya know rebel boy, girls parents thinks is bad news, yada yada yada) and he has kids now. I see it as a blessing cause I can't have kids, but they see it as a hardship to our relationship. Anyway, I had been nervous/heistant to tell them with the expectation of backlash, but I didn't get any!! :) I"m sure they saw it coming cause we own a home together and one of his daughters lives with us, but making the formal announcement was a big step and took a lot of nerve for me. However, I think I may now have entered the twilight zone because previous negative relationship parents have turned into gleeful about the union, wanting to help plan parents.... Perhaps aliens are inhabiting their bodies??? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy about their newfound attitude (mom who previously said she would never help plan a wedding has called with cake and beverage ideas), its just so different to finally be on the same page with them.

So, back to planning it is.... I started my favors this week. I'm making wildflower seed packets out of vintage floral scrapbook paper in all different colors and patterns. We're putting a label on them with a quote about love and growth, hence the seeds.... Here is the pic I used for inspiration (the idea came from http://www.i-do-it-yourself.com/)

erinvaledesign_seed-packet-4

I've also printed out my invitations and am working on stamping the scroll on them today. Here's what they look like. Sorry about the quality. It's the best pic I could get at work with my phone.

Next on the list is the RSVP cards, shopping for reception decorations and picking a cake. FH and decided on our honeymoon hotel. We've known we want to go to Vegas, but had a difficult time narrowing down the hotel. Bellagio it is!! I'm so psyched about this!!!

However, FH nixed my seating chart idea. He says he doesn't want guests to feel tied to one spot. Which makes sense. I did get him to agree to reserved tables though, for family and WP :) In the end its ok with me, less I have to do now!!!

ok, that's enough, back to work :)

April2010Bride Posts : 134 Registered: 4/26/09
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

I'm getting chicken! Haha!

I love your favor idea! I'm making some divinity fudge and packaging little plastic-wrapped squares in white tulle, tied with pink ribbon. On the ribbon, I'm attaching a little card that says "Love is Divine. Tanya & Richard April 24, 2010". =)

I'm glad you were able to gain some extra support by informing your parents of your upcoming nuptials. :) You can never have too much of that!

Visit our wedding website!    http://www.theknot.com/OurWedding/TanyaEdwards&RichardHutto

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: April2010Bride

Sweet, your favors sound yummy and the tag about being divine is perfect!!

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

Hey Everyone! Okay so I started posting int he just engaged forum and forgot to post on the April 2010's forum. The day before Christmas Eve Steve took me to a restaurant but we had to go before we could get seated. I was kind of confused about it but I just went with the flow. I was sure he wasn't proposing that night because he originally said we'd go to the restaurant on Christmas Eve. So imagine my surprise that he proposes to me after a little horse and carriage ride. It was beautiful.

Now we just have to deal with money issues and the date of the wedding and then my dad's health. We just aren't sure what we're going to do. Many of my family members suggest we push the wedding back a bit to give my dad some time to get better but we don't want to wait so long that he doesn't make it to see the wedding. We figure when he's walking again and feeling better we may renew our vows and have another ceremony. I don't know. I just want to be married and all the details are tough.

imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url">http://www.whenismywedding.com/"imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

CandyK

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: zoe1983

I ended up getting the halter dress with the flower on the side. Two days ago though I finally realized why I liked it so much. It's one of the bridesmaid's wedding gowns she wore for her wedding a little while back. Ha. Well, my sister suggested when it comes in I should exchange it. I love that gown though. I will probably keep it. It's not like my friend and I are going to look like twins or anything.

imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url">http://www.whenismywedding.com/"imghttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/0992e18f5be4c6cb.gif[/img][/url] Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

CandyK

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: CandyK

A carriage ride!! How romantic!! Picking a date in your circumstance would be difficult. I hope it all works out for you.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having the same dress. You're right, you won't look like twins. Have you asked her how she feels about it?

I'm having some dress drama. I posted a thread about it if you wanna read... it's long so I don't wanna go re-post here...in a nutshell, my dresses aren't ready yet and they are supposed to be. Not sure what to do...

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: happydefiant1

I went back and read up on things. About the dress. I know that can be so scary. I felt crazy because my dress may not be in until February. They put a rush on it so hopefully I'll have it soon. I know your friend was going to create your dress but if push comes to shove and one of the Bridal Shops has your size and a dress you like, I'd go there if your friend hasn't finished your dress for at least the first look by a certain time. I had to order mine from David's bridal and it's taking about a month and a half to come in but there were plenty there that you could essentially buy and leave with. So this may be a good back up.

Good luck with everything. Hopefully your friend will feel a little more pressure since the wedding's pretty close.

Also, I talked with my friend about the dress twin thing and she said it was cool. She had a very small wedding and nobody but she and her husband will be the only ones that will know the dresses are the same at the wedding. Also, she told me she had things I could borrow, too so I'm going to check out her jewlrey as my "something borrowed".

CandyK

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: CandyK

Candy, I've tried on the designer version of my dress. I was going to buy but my friend said she could make it for a lot less. Essentially we found a pattern that is very similar, but not the same so she is modifying it. I am worried that when she brings it to me in Feb, it will not be the dress I have in mind and she won't have time to fix it cause she'll be making all the other dresses. I also won't have the $ to buy the designer dress now that I've spend the $ on the dress she is making...

My other concern is the other dresses. Not only does she have mine, but she has 5 others and FH's ensemble.... I am debating cutting her loose and just ordering the dresses I originally wanted. But I don't want to risk the friendship which is what would probably happen.

I'm sure it will work out. But its stressing me right now :)

I'm glad your friend is ok with you wearing the same dress. The something borrowed from her is a cute idea!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine