May 2010 Brides!

Online Users: 1,332 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 694

BriansAzBride Posts : 326 Registered: 12/5/08
Re: May 2010 Brides!
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Hey ladies!! We are getting married soon!! It's so exciting. It's getting so real for me because I'm putting the finishing touches on the invites. We have to send them out in a month! The reason why we are sending ours so early is because I have to have my bridal shower the third week in March. Stupid college screws all my schedules up lol.

Welcome soontobeMrsSummers!! Don't even worry about planning lulls. Just think of it as PMS. It blows and its horrible but give it a few days and suddenly your back to normal and everything is peachy keen again! Good luck on finding a venue. I'm sure you'll find one that's amazing.

Have you picked a date yet mrssankeyjr? Let us know! I feel as though half of you guys are leaving toy and I. If you don't stay on this forum though I might have to eat a whole container of ice cream and you know how bad that would be for my diet!

Those cupcakes look so cute mrsS! A friend of mine did cupcakes and they said it was amazing. What flavor are your cupcakes going to be? I'm so glad you ditched the snooty lady! That is the last thing that you need is a snooty person on your wedding day.

Toy, I'm sure that your invites don't look like they are $70. I think you are just judging your invites lol. I bet when are are done they will look like a million bucks! Unfortunately because I'm at work I can't see your pew bows. I'm sure they look amazing though, I'll look when I get home.

So today I had another melt down. I had a huge blowout with my mother (I even smoked a cigar later and I haven't done that in about a year). Today at work I even looked up what it would cost to get married in Niagra Falls. I'm so ready for this all to be over. Arg!

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Its getting so close I'm trying not to freak out about all of the things I have left to do! Still it feels so far away. i think that is because I am having an outdoor spring wedding and right now its freaking freezing and windy!!!!! The warm, lovely, hopefully perfect weather of May seems so so far away. Plus my office has the thermostat set to Antarctica.

wedding tickers

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: starfish701

You should come down here to AZ starfish! The only thing I'm worried about is my guests melting during the ceremony lol no cold weather in sight

So I went home and looked at your pew bows and they are SO pretty Toy. I can't wait to what they look like with the starbursts.

So I had a melt down last night you guys. It was bad. I actually ate 3/4 loaf of italian bread. No butter, no spread, nothing. I just ate it straight. I've been doing so good and then I had a huge fight with my parents and I went to the store and bought bread and started chowing down. I can't wait until this part of the wedding planning is over.

I feel like a kid. Pinch me. This kind of love certainly can't be real. Oh wait, it is :)

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

AZ I miss warm. I hate winter so much! Sorry about your big bread blow out. Don't worry it happens to all of us. I am struggling with my guest list right now. I am really going back and forth over if I want to invite certian people. I just do not want a big wedding so its a tough choice. I kind of need to figure that out soon I guess. So much to do so little time. I need to find a seamstress so that my dress actually fits me! I need to actually sign a contract with a caterer and the tent company. AHHHHHH Ok now breath!

wedding tickers

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

See MrsS2010...that's why I like you so much :) You keep it real. I am not head over heels about the center of the bows either (as they are now) but it gives me a good idea what some 'sparkle' can do for them! Thank you for the feedback. That's what I needed.

Same to you Brianz!! I appreciate your feedback as well :P I've come to the conclusion that my invitations are going out 'as-is' and if some doesn't like it, they can use it as toilet paper (and I hope they get a paper cut). It tells them the date, time, location, and purpose of the event. If they needed something more than that, then a check shoulda' been mailed to me months ago :D ...lol...my attitude is so funky! I gotta check myself! AND BRAINZ...why are you eating whole LOAVES of bread!?! That's not even a yummy pig out. I go for FRIES or ICE CREAM or CHOCOLATE and you go for...bread. <---You are cracking me up with your little narrow behind! LOL! I'm sure you look great after eating a whole loaf. I look at bread and gain a pant size (and then I eat it anyway). Why do you hate the planning? Are your parents (or his) giving you a hard time about your choices?

Tomorrow's a busy day ladies! I meet with my cake designer at noon and then have dinner with the wedding DJ in the evening. I will let you know what info I receive from them. Hopefully it will all go down without a hitch :) Have a blessed Wednesday ladybugs!

Its 8 degrees here, BrianzAZ. I am ALL FOR ARIZONA.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: ToyToy09

Ahhhh starfish Im having an outdoor wedding too and Im terrified!! When it was in may I was scared of rain or too chilly still and now that its in july Im scared of the heat!! Im doing it as late in the afternoon as possible for the way we need things done so that I can at least avoid the possible heat waves of 12-1 kind of weather. Then again who knows nowadays...I might need to worry about snow lol..at least thats what it feels like right now..to add to the winder blues going on in here hehe.

I ordered my shoes!!! I ended up going with the ones I posted here and FH can jst deal with it and put his macho-ness aside if needed :). And I lucked out cause when I had initially found them they were $57 and when I went back to order I ended up paying a total (with shipping) of $40.33!! looooove it :D. Aaaaand they were sold out of all sizes except my size 5 feet and under :) I think it was meant to be!!

Now Im on the look out for a "little white dress" and Ive found a few options but Ill post when I choose one. This I will wear after all is said and done after the reception cause we have a tradition of taking the WP and umm...50 of our closest friends (hah) to the pier in downtown here and take pics there and just goof off cause this is it...were done and married and all the wedding stress has completely come to an end!! So I plan to wear that and its convenient for my then HUBBY and I are driving out from there to go to where were gonna live...kinda sucks cause we'll be tired but thats the only way it works out unfortunately. Im sure the adrenaline is gonna be kicking in though!

Im also ordering my pocketfolds tomorrow with the matching envelopes and starting to work on my invites as soon as they are in :) Im so excited and cant wait to show you ladies what Ive come up with!! The pocketfolds and envelopes are a shimmery metallicy light gray color and I searched high and low for :) Ahhhh Im getting excited about this wedding thing now :)

Brianz whats going on thats causing you all this stress?? You go and you eat that bread girly and dont feel bad about it - us brides are living on a whole different world that cannot be understood by normal humans. A world where we will spend two weeks on figuring out which perfect shade of pink or yellow we want because it will make or break our wedding..and other equally big stressers. You go eat ur ... bread.. :)

P.S....MrsS always keeps it real

ToyToy09 Posts : 224 Registered: 6/3/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

OMG! So I have been working on stuffing and addressing wedding invitations for 2.5 hours now and I'm still nowhere near halfway done! Now I see why people consider e-invitations. Grooms don't know how easy they have it. They just sit back and dish out the cash while we plan and count and consider and shop and return things and ON AND ON AND ON. I need a ciggy andI don't even smoke. Pass me a cigar Brianz.

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

Hello, May Brides! :)

I've been hovering around this thread a bit, since my wedding is in June... and, yeah, the June thread isn't NEAR as hoppin' as this one is! Anyway, FH and I are dealing with similar situations as you ladies are, so I figured (unless this is a thread strictly for May brides...) I would join in on the conversation!

Right now FH and I are going through guest list hell! UGH. Who would have ever thought it would be this difficult?! We are having a very small/intimate ceremony on a Friday at a nearby vineyard, with only our closest family and friends invited, and then a large reception w/ drinks, dinner and a band the following evening in my parents' backyard and barn. So, we have found the whole guest list thing to be easier said than done. We want to keep the wedding small (and need to, actually, the vineyard will only allow 50 people max) and people just don't seem to understand, and just assume they are invited to both events. We are planning on sending out our save the dates within the next couple weeks, too - so, all the last minute guestlist stuff is upon us. I keep waking up in the middle of the night and thinking to myself... did we write down so and so? Will I remember to check in the morning? Then I usually end up getting up and checking the list, just to make sure!

We are also doing the whole outdoor wedding/reception thing, as some of you ladies are! It's super excited, but oh man, I know when it gets close to a month before, I will be on the weather channel website every hour to check the conditions! I have a close friend who had hers outdoor wedding in August (it's always warm in August up here) and it rained allllll day and the high was like 55 degrees! **fingers are crossed for blue skies and a high of 80!** :)

Toy - I actually really like your invites! They are super cute, I love the black/white damask with green! So fun!

Brianz - Don't feel bad about the bread binge, I think everyone goes through that! ...I know I do anyways! I am in the process of trying to tone up and lose a few, too. When I ordered my dress back in April, I was in between 2 sizes, so I went with the smaller one thinking 'hm, if that isn't an incentive to get my butt into shape, i don't know what is!' Anyway, it's still pretty tight in some areas and I am too stubborn to get it let out. So, I have been trying to limit my carbs and sugar, drink lots of water and work out 5 or so times a week... it seems to be working! :) I did go a little OC last night and had some ice cream with kahlua... but, oh well!

MrsS2010 - I am looking for a little white dress, too!!! When you find some, you should totally put them up on here! After the wedding, we are going to a hotel in the cities, so I want to change from my wedding dress, but would feel weird wearing anything but something cute and white since FH will still have his suit on! Let me know what you find! I'll keep my eyes open, too! :)

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBabler

MrsS- That is absolutely amazing about the shoes! They were so cute. It was definitely meant to be. I'm sure FH can deal with your height for a few hours, besides if he doesn't tell him that he'll love your legs in heels lol. Just don't tell him I said it :) I'm with FutureMrsBabler, let us know if you find a little white dress. I need one for the rehersal dinner, FH (and just about everyone else) said I need one for then.

Toy- passes cigar I think the grooms role in a wedding is under used. We should make them do more lol. I like the toilet paper idea for the invites. Mine still haven't come in yet and we have to mail them in just a few weeks! I'm super nervous. I'm sure your invites will look beautiful when they are all done. When are you going to mail them? Also, what are you doing for stamps? I was told the post office normally has some special kind? I have no idea. Let me know!!

FutureMrsBabler- Join the club!! So far we have MrsS who is now in July and mrssankeyjr who might be in april (I don't think she's decided what date she is moving the wedding too yet). I went through guest list hell too. I actually walked around for a week with a notebook in my purse so I could write down names. So what are your colors and details? You must give us details if you are to join the May/other month girls.

Ok so the story behind the bread binge. So, you guys don't know but I was adopted up a generation. My mom died so my "mom" is actually my grandmother, "dad" is actually grandfather, and my aunt is actually my "sister". Confusing right? To keep the story clear I'll use everyone's "quoted" name. Well my "sister" married this guy that NO one like and I mean NO one. My "mom" wasn't even invited to the wedding. Well neither my "mom" nor my "dad" like the guy. As you know FH lost his job. My parents gave us some money for the wedding that we put into an account to use strictly for the wedding. Recently FH car broke down and he was tight on cash. Rather than him charge it or something else, I told him to borrow the money from the wedding account so he could pay it back whenever he had the cash and not get penalized for it. My "parents" found out and threw a fit. They said it's wedding money and he's not to touch it blah blah blah. I told them, you gave us money for the wedding and all the money will go towards the wedding. He BORROWED the money and is going to put it back. It was just the easiest place to get money right away. I left and stormed off. Haven't talked to my "mom" (going on three days with no contact) and I saw my "dad" on Monday for some new tires. While there he compared FH to the husband that no one likes and said that my FH wasn't living up to his definition of "manly" needless to say I left right then and haven't spoken to him either.

Sorry for how long but I haven't even told FH all this and I needed to get it off my chest :'(

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: BriansAzBride

Awesome! I am looking forward to bouncing ideas back and forth with you guys! ...especailly since my wedding is a bit later, so it will definitely push me to get everything done ahead of time!

Our colors are slate blue (bridesmaid dresses and main color), canary yellow (flowers, the center ston in my ring and other accents), chartreuse (accents, invites, and added so everything doesn't look super matchy-matchy) and ivory (my dress and accents). The wedding ceremony will be no more than 45 people, inlcuding us, and we are thinking the reception will be around 275-300 or so. We are kind of playing with a lovebird/garden theme (website, cake topper, cupcakes designed to look like flowers, etc), and are also using paisley as a pattern for a bunch of stuff (ties for the groom/groomsmen, invitations, and maybe elsewhere) ...we just don't want to go overboard, ya know?

We will be having brick oven pizza, salad, bread, wine and beer served after the wedding. It won't be a normal sit down dinner, we are planning it to be a little more casual since it's not going to be an all evening affair. Pretty much wedding, pictures, eat a little, have a few drinks, and be out of there by around 8 or so. The reception will be in my parents' back yard and it has (and will be, once the snow melts!) been a ton of work planning and decorating! We are hoping it will all pay off!

FH and I are pretty frugal, so we are doing quite a few things on our own to save money with decor and such. I am buying all the flowers from the local farmer's market to make the bouquettes and boutineers. We are also purchasing a ton or so bouquettes to put in mason jars to use as centerpieces and just kind of all over - don't worry, each bunch is usually only 4 dollars or so! :) I have also been constructing some tissue paper poms to hang from the ceiling of the tent and shed. After doing a few, I got this brilliant idea to do a ton of small ones, make garlands out of them and kind of swag them from the corners to the center of the pole tent - only problem is that I need to make around a couple hundred for it to work how I'm envisioning it! I better get going on that! haha...

My dress is Pronovias Dango, and I found some super cute yellow sandals (not flip flops) to wear with it. FH is a little over an inch shorter than me... so, no fun heels unless I want to look like a giant! :) I'm totally down with cute and comfy all the way, though!

We just ordered our invites and they should be here by Monday! SO exciting! Is it just me, or did purchasing the invites seem to be one of the bigger things that made everything so much more 'real?' I've had my dress for a couple months, bought the STDs quite a while ago, got our engagement pics done in the summer... but wow, getting the invites seemed like such a huge deal!! Anyway, since everyone likes pics, here is the design we went with for the invites for the reception! So excited for them to actually get here!!!!!

Modern Paisley Signature White Wedding Invitations

Oh, and since I just ordered these, too... here's a pic of our cake topper! <3

Blue Bird Wedding Cake Toppers

Blue Bird Wedding Cake Toppers

Ok, that's enough, since this is getting a little out of control long! :)

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBabler

MrsBabler I Love your ideas! :) And your invites look super cute. I totally agree that something about ordering/getting invitations just makes it all seem wayyyyy too real lol. Im there right now too as Ive ordered mine today and spent the day looking for the perfect colored paper that I will use for the part that Im doing myself but its so fun!! Toy you poor thing I hope you're done with yours!! Im defenitelly making FH help me with mine when the time comes...Ill do all the work he just has to help me assemble and I have a feeling that might just be too much to ask for lol. He'll most likely have me begging him to just go sit in a corner somewhere and be seen not heard :) I love him for it though hehe.

Im glad Im not the only one on the search for the little white dress!! IM trying to find one reasonably priced because I see no point spending a lot when Im barely gonna wear it and it'll be jst for the evening but still want something cute!! So far I thiiinnk i kiiiinda like this one only in white ofcourse....

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/59-seconds-diamante-buckled-dress-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1021409487

scroll down for more pix..but i dont think i wanna settle for something I thiiiiink I kiiiinda like...or I might!!haha..Im not too picky I dont think.

I cant seem to post pics on here anymore without my firefox so Im working on that

Also, FH has found the suits he wants and is purchasing them between the 14th-18th...cause thats when my express gift card of $75 off $250 is valid heehee ;)...Its from express, obviously, and a lighter gray color..I havent seen it exactly so Im just trusting him but hes got good taste so Im not letting myself worry :)

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

I'm looking for a white dress also. I think we will have better luck come March or April so I am waiting until then to really look. We are going to an Irish Pub next door to the hotel everyone is staying after the reception. I agree that it would feel weird to change out of a wedding dress into jeans. I figure I'm the bride until I wake up the next morining!
wedding tickers

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2010

oooh! that one is super cute! i agree on not wanting to spend a ton on one... but, at the same time, if i can find one that i can wear a couple times in the future, i wouldn't mind shelling out a smidge more money! :) i actually found a couple other cute ones while looking around. i'm thinking like a dressy sundress kinda thing - not too dressy, but not too casual either.

this one is super cute, and i'm sure it could be worn many times in the future:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7548111/c/14.html

this one is a little dressier that i'm looking for, but if it goes on sale (as things at macy's always do!) it might be fun to have for going out for a nice dinner on the honeymoon... hmmm...
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=420679&CategoryID=22120

and i'm sure there will be tons of them to choose from once spring clothes start appearing in stores!

~Dr. Seuss

mrssankeyjr Posts : 60 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBabler

Hey laides, here is the scoop. We have decided to go with May 8th. Ok, so I called the vendor and left a message they haven't called back. I was too buys at work today to call and follow up. However I was able to change the date with the cake designer. By the way I put my deposit down on the cake and got the cake topper, that was cool.

I'm feeling kinda stressed about this situation. and now loosing a week of planning sucks also.

On the bright side, FH is playing in a Football tournement in Las Vegas next weekend. So were headed to Vegas!! Super stoked about that.

How far in advance are you sending out invites, some of you have already got to work addressing envelopes. I wasn't planning on sending out invites until end of February.

Well I hope all is well until next time.....

love brings change

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: mrssankeyjr

Brians, I hope things work out with your parents. I don't see what the big deal is so long as the money is replaced. My mom and I have been fighting a bit over the wedding but nothing compared to that. Still she was driving me freaking nuts yesterday. I know she is only trying to help but sometimes she is a bit pushy.

I need to get all of the addresses to the invitation people. I have horrible hand writing so am shelling out the extra cash to have her address them. She only charges 75 cents per invite extra so it really only ends up being $45ish more. I figure its worth the headache it will save me. I had a dream last night that I found out on my wedding day that my dress was way to big and it kept falling off.

I keep looking at all the things on my 'to do list' which I also call 'the mini panic attack inducing list' and freaking out a bit. Apparently I am very very behind! Ahhhh
wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine