Shoes-HELP!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

SamanthaLanette Posts : 4 Registered: 9/25/09
Shoes-HELP!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 6:33 PM

So I happen to be 5'11" and my groom is 5'9", so obviously I'm taller than him. The height issue isn't really a big deal to us but I'm not about to wear 4" strappy heals either.

My issue is, I've found the gorgeous dress, and yes the shoes aren't the main focus, I still want cute, fashionable flats. I can find gorgeous heals left and right but flats look to be a HUGE issue.

All I find are ballet slippers that look like ACTUAL slippers (the ones you put on when you wake up) or ballet flats with absolutely not detail whatsoever.

I want the fashionable, sexy look you get with heals with out being "Andre the giant" next to my soon-to-be.

If anyone has ANY ideas of places to find flats for my wedding that would amazing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

SamanthaLanette

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Re: Shoes-HELP!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: SamanthaLanette

I am in the same situation!!! We are having an outdoor wedding, so
even if FH was taller, I probably wouldn't wear heels anyway... but at
any rate, I have had a lot of luck finding cute flats on the Steve
Madden website. Most of them are a little on the spendy side, but I
feel like I can justify it since I'll be able to wear them again...
Here are a couple of examples :)

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

~Dr. Seuss

MrsM2009 Posts : 422 Registered: 3/16/08
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: SamanthaLanette

You might have more luck if you look for sandals and not ballet flats - it's fairly easy to find "dressy" sandals, and ballet slippers just tend to be plain, IMO. I had 5 inch heels for my ceremony, but bought these Steve Madden flats for the reception:

I think this Tahari sandal has the "look" of a heel without actually being one:

http://www.bluefly.com/Elie-Tahari-bamboo-suede-Riley-thong-sandals/cat170046/213339200/detail.fly

And I seriously cannot resist this - it's "heels," not "heals." Your post keep making me think you were looking for some shoes with seriously magical medical properties ;)
P.O.O.P. - People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: SamanthaLanette

Ok, cool! Thanks for the ideas. All your pictures and links help a lot. I'll definitley keep looking around at those sights.

And as far as "heels" vs "heals", yes you're right. I'm generally more grammatically correct when I write. Hahaha. Thank you!

Thanks everyone! :D
SamanthaLanette

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: SamanthaLanette

For what it is worth: I bought ADORABLE shoes for my wedding. Adorable. And even though they never annoyed me during any of my fittings or try ons, they were pissing me off big time on the day. 10 minutes to ceremony, I made an executive decision, and DITCHED THEM. Yep... I spent $60 on shoes, paid to have them shipped from another store to my house (so probably $75 total) and then didn't wear them.

On the other hand, I have always wanted to get married barefoot. For my Celtic-themed wedding, it seemed appropriate. And perhaps my subconscience made my feet have a "get these things off me" day for that very reason.

My point: consider getting a good pedi and just going natural <G>

Misty

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Oh I thought about that! Haha. I was in a friends wedding and right after the ceremony I took them off. Ran around and danced barefoot. Definitely a good idea. Haha. Espcially since its a summer wedding. Barefoot is much more....cool.... Haha. Thanks! :D
SamanthaLanette

DNAmindy Posts : 47 Registered: 7/24/09
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: SamanthaLanette

I'm tall too (5'9) so I know where youre coming from!

What about something like this? It's got an itty bitty heel that I doubt will make you more than 1/2 inch taller, but when people see your shoes peeking out from under your dress it will look like you have heels on because of the styling.

Magic
These are from Dyeables so if you wanted a pop of color on your shoes, you can get them any color you want! I'm sure you can probably find the same style in a completely flat shoe as well.

good luck!

lucytomlin Posts : 2 Registered: 1/5/10
Posted: Jan 5, 2010 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: SamanthaLanette

i hope you have found shoes by now, but if not there is a site that has a good variety of shoe clips that you use to dress up any plain flats. it is www.shoeclips.biz
good luck!

gabbygirl Posts : 1 Registered: 1/25/10
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: SamanthaLanette

I work with Taryn Rose and they have a variety of comfortable, but stylish low heels and flats to choose from. They're new spring line is coming out soon, here is a sneak peek at the "Greenwitch," which may work:

Hope this helps!
-Gabby
tarynrose.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine