Hunting wedding theme

Online Users: 1,260 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 14
Hunting wedding theme
Posted: May 25, 2006 12:44 PM

My theme is deer hunting and I am having the color purple as my color.  Is there anyway that I can make that work together?  I can not find decorations that deal with hunting.  Any ideas?

Re: Hunting wedding theme
Posted: May 25, 2006 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maybe you could have purple, grey, and white camoflage for various things? You might also want to consider playing up purple leaves and various purple wildflowers. 

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 25, 2006 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You know your crowd, but some people are really turned off by the idea of hunting and killin animals. If I personally saw a deer hunting cake, or some such decor, I'd probably be thinking about Bambi's mother the whole time. But, if you're sure that your guests will not be offended, probably your best bet is to do a whole "forest" look, with lots of leafy greenery, pine cones, branches, and other forest and nature items. Your cake topper can be a hunter and /or a deer in the forest. Purple flowers in rustic containers would fit in beautifully (use birch bark containers, country pails, even camping lanterns for your arrangements and centerpieces. Your wedding party could do purple dresses with green flowers, to bldn with green camo vests for the men. So, essentially, your scheme would be forest greens and browns with accents of purple in dresses and flowers. I should look lovely. I have many picture of "forest" decor, including a hunting cake. Contact me and i'll be happy to send you some personalized photos.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Honestly, I'm not sure if purple and hunting would go that great together... what about more natural colors?? like sage, ivory, hunter green, chocolate, (all the colors in camo).. my cousin did a fall them wedding w/ hunting stuff.. it turned out really pretty.. she used natural colors and on the grooms table she used a camo table cloth.. it looked great.. but if you want purple.. go for it.. i'm sure you could make it work!! :)

Posted: Aug 23, 2006 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Click to Close

Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

jims formal wear has the following:-)

Message was edited by JamminJ on Aug 30, 2006 5:46 PM

Message was edited by JamminJ on Aug 30, 2006 5:47 PM

Posted: Sep 3, 2006 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow, ya'll are so helpful. When I first saw her post all i could think was...oh gosh how could she do that?  Good job!

Posted: Sep 6, 2006 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I saw your pictures of the hunting themes and that's exactly what we would like is there any way you could give us the site where you got the opictures of the garter and invitations? you probably just saved our deer theme, your help would be greatly appreciated. Please we need your help.

Posted: Sep 6, 2006 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

to mrshowardtobe, is there anyway you could send me the link to the deer invitations you have nin this picture and the camo garder? You help would be greatly appreciated, thosee invitations are exactly what we're looking for

Posted: Sep 6, 2006 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest
Posted: Feb 24, 2007 2:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

where did u get the wedding cake topper from ? i'm getting married in AUG 07 and having a camo wedding too. there is a lot of camo weddings on this web site http://www.topweddinglinks.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

you might want to go there and look

Posted: Feb 24, 2007 2:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

This is really random, and I don't know how formal you guys want to go with your registry items......but if you do decide to register for a china pattern, wedgwood has a pattern called, "tally ho" and another variation called "hunt scene" and they are similar....I thought they were adorable when I saw them! Maybe Macys or someone carries wedgwood, might be hard to find though. But the pattern is cute! It is a little preppier though because it is a foxhunt I think. You could at least get some teacups.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

well my guy is a big duck hunter so we are doing Max-4 camo. My girls are in green dresses i compromised on that, but it's starting to look good. In the picture you had he was wearing a camo vest. How did you make it and where did you find the material??? Thanks 

OliAnna Posts : 2 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am doing a camo theme in my wedding as well... all though I'm doing accents in rich colors like chocolate and hunter green w/ touches of ivory and gold... You could tie the purple in w/ your beaquets and things like that.. I'm doing wild flowers to go w/ the outdoorsey theme... but i think a deep purple would be BEAUTIFULL if down right.... If you BM's wear purple dresses you could a camo sash or a camo hand bad.... Mossy oak has A LOT of cute things like garders, flower girl baskets, pillows, guest books, a shalls for great prices... you just have to know where to look... TheMemoriesCollection.com has some stuff i mentioned on there...

Dance as though no one is watching, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth!!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Pronovias Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-pronovias-c-420_473.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine