I got the ring =)

Online Users: 1,369 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

InLoveWDRM Posts : 52 Registered: 12/3/09
I got the ring =)
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 7:13 PM

So I had posted a thread about knowing that he bought a ring and I was CONSTANTLY worrying about it and wondering when he was going to ask.. WELLL Christmas eve came and we always open gifts at my parents and then his, when we got to his house we opened gifts and NO ring. =( I thought "oh my gosh, I feel stupid for snooping and him not getting one yet." Weelll, a little while later he asked what all I got from everyone and as I rattled off what I had received he said "oh, and this.." I looked down and there he was holding my ring =)
I hugged him and kissed him and it wasnt until a little bit later that i realized it was NOT the ring I had picked out and thought he bought,, its better. He picked it out himself and that meant more to me. He went on to tell me that the two pandora charms he bought for me was the key to his heart and the christmas tree w/ a gold star was for my reminder that we got engaged on christmas eve. =) So, we know that the wedding can't be soon, we are going to school and wanting to save money obviously for the wedding, honeymoon, and a house. So we set the date for (but not in stone) September 10,2011 my question is does anyone else getting married that month or that far away feel like its too far away? Or am i just excited and it will go by fast? I just feel like the day will never get here. =) Either way congrats to everyone else getting married and that just got engaged ! =)

{color:#cc33ff}Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Happily engaged to David McMahan on 12.24.2009 {color:#cc00cc}Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Edited by: ILoveDavidRobertMcMahan on Dec 29, 2009 7:14 PM

Nicnak Posts : 27 Registered: 12/26/09
Re: I got the ring =)
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

We just got engaged this christmas day and we are thinkin' about september 2011! I love the weather here in New York at that time of the year. I'm not sure of the day yet. But we wanted to wait till 2011 to save money and our daughter will be 2 then so she can dance and walk down the aisle!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Congrats!!! Waiting until September 2011 will go by sooo fast, trust me!! I got engaged December 2008 and my wedding isn't until October 2010. I can't believe how fast time as gone for me already. It felt like I just got engaged! So I am positive that it will go fast for you especially with all the planning and stuff. Enjoy every minute of it!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Visit my wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/alanandjarlyn

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

Congratulations to you again. =) Your daughter will be so excited im sure!! we lost our first together last december or he/she would've been almost 2 at our wedding, but God has a plan for us I am sure.! That is our thinking, that we can save money and actually have what we want instead of skimping and scrounging. Good Luck!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ  Happily engaged to David McMahan on 12.24.2009 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 9:06 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Thats right God has a reason for everythin'. Sometimes its so hard to understand why these things happen but somethin' even better will happen. Im glad theres someone else havin' there weddin' the same year and month!! It will be fun to see what colors we both end up doin' and everythin' else haha!! It does seem soooo far away but bein' in my best friends weddin' i know it goes by sooo fast. It seems like we only planned for a month and she planned for over a year.

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

i know it will be alot of fun! I clicked watch this user because I wanted to keep in contact with someone else going through the same thing, plus its a huge bonus that the weddings are same year and month! =) i am planning a wedding for my sister for august of 2010 so that is keeping me pretty occupied right now ha!

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 9:29 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Its so much fun to help plan other weddin' before yours. Helpin' my best friend last year has givin' me so many ideas and she can help me out so much. I clicked to watch you too!! I cant stop lookin' at colors and dresses! Its so excited to be engaged. and I looooove sayin' "My Fiance" hahaha! Do you know how many your havin' in your weddin'?

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 9:38 PM Go to message in response to: Nicnak

I am soooo unsure!! My sister is getting married in august so I am getting alot of ideas by helping her! I believe I will have 4 or 5 bridesmaids (including the maid of honor) its so hard to narrow it down though! I would love to have a huge wedding party lol.! we have the basics figured out. my sister as maid of honor and his father as the best man where we will have it and when. But I can NOT get used to saying my fiance, im like my boyfrie---fiance lol. its so cute though and the thing i like about waiting til then to get married is that I get to say it even longer and look at all kinds of colors and decorations and flowers and cakes..its so much fun!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

We are having four on each side too. My best friend is the Matron of Honor and his father is the Best Man. We may have more because like you I would love to have a big wedding party!! haha It was really hard for my fiance because his brother just past away this September 11th, from a really bad car accident, so he didnt know what to do about his best man. So I told him his dad would be perfect. He liked that and so did his dad! haha I cant wait to go try on dresses! haha

FutureMrsLevine Posts : 77 Registered: 12/28/09
Posted: Dec 30, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Congratulations! I too got engaged on Christmas and we have the same date picked out! 09.10.11! Haha. It does seem forever away though!
Rachael & Teddy

TR2010 Posts : 50 Registered: 11/15/09
Posted: Jan 1, 2010 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

CONGRATS... 2011 IS AROUND THE CORNER WE ARE ALREADY IN 2010..... LOOK HOW FAST 2009 WENT BY... ENJOY PLANNING UR DAY... I GOT ENGAGED IN APRIL 2009 AND ITS ALMOST 1 YR... TIME GOES SO FAST...

FutureMrsSimpki... Posts : 45 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: Jan 10, 2010 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: InLoveWDRM

Awww! Congrats girl. My fiance let me pick my ring out just because he knew how much that ring would mean to me. He isn't good at picking things out so I'm glad he let me do it. I got engaged last January and we are getting married next April. It seems like it's forever from now but I have been told that it will fly by. Get excited and start picking things out. I'm the kind of person who can't wait to the last minute to do things. I knew first off, we needed to pick out a church and a pastor and we needed to start a budget and go from there. It's hard trying to save money especially when you're trying to go through college and other things can come up. I hope the planning goes smooth for ya girl! :)

Future Mrs.Simpkins<3

"This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love."<3

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine