Destination- beach ceremony & outdoor beach reception

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

kswens Posts : 1 Registered: 12/29/09
Destination- beach ceremony & outdoor beach reception
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 5:25 PM

Hi Everyone:
I am recently engaged and beginning to plan our destination wedding. We LOVE Hawaii but it is too far for our family to travel. We are trying to keep the guest list small and the airfare affordable (we live in Massachusetts as do most our guests). We are thinking of somewhere in the Carribean- but are against cruises and "all inclusive" resorts. We would like to get married on the beach, at sunset, and have an open air reception (possibility of white tent). My only other MUST is that the location be private and there are not 10 other weddings going on at the same location.

Does anyone know of somewhere that fits the above category? I am also very detail-oriented and would not be interested in a traditional destination wedding "package" where details are decided for you.

Oh and we are thinking early 2011 - but are flexible!

Thanks in advance for the advice!

blewis1 Posts : 9 Registered: 3/11/09
Re: Destination- beach ceremony & outdoor beach reception
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 1:15 AM Go to message in response to: kswens

I know you were talking about Hawaii, but have you given thought to Mexico? I am also planning a DW, in Puerto Vallarta there is this Island; Las Caletas. It can only be reached by boat so when you book your wedding the boats don't run, and they hold the ceremony right at sunset. Although it is more of a package deal, it seems like a great venue. They ask you for your input and what kind of feel you are looking for, what kind of flowers and colors...so they really try to mold everything around your ideas....My FH is from PV, that is how I heard of this. Not sure about flight pricing or anything though....

HummingbirdHall... Posts : 10 Registered: 2/20/10
Re: Destination- beach ceremony & outdoor beach reception
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 7:20 AM Go to message in response to: kswens

Congratulations!

Jamaica has quite a few destination wedding options which are more unique and individual than the chain hotel offerings! They may not appear on the first page of google, but they definitely exist and will work with you to create your perfect wedding, rather than fitting you into one of their packages!

Have fun!!

Jamaica: Once You Go - You Know!

http://www.hummingbirdhall.com/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine