Reception Ideas

Online Users: 1,265 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Julie76 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/28/09
Reception Ideas
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 8:34 AM

We have booked our wedding for Central Park in August next year and are coming from the UK. We will be getting married in the park and then going somewhere for dinner afterwards but have no idea where!

There will be between 10-20 people for the dinner and we would like somewhere fairly lively where we could stay for whole evening - it doesn't have to be too posh. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, any recommendations for flowers and a cake and anything else you can think of would be great!!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Reception Ideas
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: Julie76

Dear Julie,

I don't live in New York, so can't make a specific recommendation. I do suggest, however, that when you contact restaurants in the area you ask about a "private banquet room". Many restaurants have them and that's ideal for your 10-20 people. They can get up, walk around, etc, without disturbing the other restaurant patrons.

LoveSmartDesign Posts : 11 Registered: 12/19/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: Julie76

What a fun place to get married!

I'm a tad reluctant to suggest this because I haven't been there in so many years, but have you considered staying in the park and going to Tavern on the Green? Formal decor, but in the beautiful surroundings of the park.

Visit www.LoveSmartDesign.com for handmade wedding puzzles and games.

Edited by: LoveSmartDesign on Dec 29, 2009 3:24 PM

kelly923 Posts : 2 Registered: 1/12/10
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: Julie76

Hi Julie.
I am also getting married this year in Central Park and travelling from the UK!
Have you found anywhere yet for your Wedding meal?
We are starting to find it difficult. We will have about 26 guests and are just looking for somewhere relaxed and sociable and somewhere we can stay all night.
We quite like Stanton Social and The Porter House.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Kelly

Dashuria Posts : 19 Registered: 7/27/09
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 11:44 AM Go to message in response to: kelly923

Tavern on the Green is a wonderful idea, but unfortunately it is closing...I believe they went bankrupt. :(

I have heard great things about the Rockefeller Center Terrace Club and the Carriage House. There are so many great places in NYC! Here is a list of some more I found online: http://www.partypop.com/categories/Catering_Banquet_Halls/Manhattan.htm

Good luck! :)

Dashuria

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine