Moissanite?

Online Users: 1,310 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

KristenKimberly Posts : 4 Registered: 6/7/09
Moissanite?
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 10:20 AM

I have been looking into alternatives for my engagement ring because of our current financial situation. I have decided on the style I would like to have and my boyfriend is very adament about getting me what I want and getting me something of quality. My question is to anyone who actually has a moissanite stone and can describe the experience they have had with it. Problems, concerns, or absolutely love it. Thank you so much, I had no idea who else to talk to about this issue =)

Leli Posts : 89 Registered: 1/12/09
Re: Moissanite?
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 2:08 AM Go to message in response to: KristenKimberly

I love love love my moissanite stone. I rarely ever notice any color to it, and even then, it doesn't bother me. It's one of those things that you would only notice if you have it side by side with a colorless stone. It is a larger stone (a tiny bit bigger than I wanted, but eh haha), which tend to show more color, so if you get something around 6.0mm or smaller, I don't think it'll be an issue for you.

And now my favorite part

"Though the world will tell you it's not smart
Ever ever after
The world can be yours if you let your heart
Believe in ever after"
- Don't settle for less than what you deserve.

KristenKimberly Posts : 4 Registered: 6/7/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: Leli

It looks lovely!!! I tried some on the other day and found a jeweler in my area that gave me some really good information as well. Thanks so much for the help!

NoseInTheGrass Posts : 31 Registered: 11/1/09
Posted: Dec 26, 2009 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: KristenKimberly

The only this you'd really have to worry about is the hardness and with a mohs scale hardness of 9.5 (diamond is 10), you can be sure it'll hold up to pretty much anything you put it through. Anything from 7.5 (emerald) and up should be fine for a long term ring. The higher, the better. They're a great diamond substitute if you're looking for a near colorless stone.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

NoseInTheGrass Posts : 31 Registered: 11/1/09
Posted: Dec 26, 2009 7:35 PM Go to message in response to: KristenKimberly

woops, double post
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Edited by: NoseInTheGrass on Dec 26, 2009 7:36 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift