What was THIS supposed to mean???

Online Users: 1,370 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 6

HopetobeMrsF Posts : 13 Registered: 12/14/09
What was THIS supposed to mean???
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 8:21 AM

SO(of 2+ years) and I just had our Christmas gift exchange on Saturday as planned. Due to a winter storm, we were snowed in from Friday night through Sunday night at my place. Before our gift exchange, he made some remark to the t.v. set (definitely loud enough for me to hear it) about his appointment at XX Jewelery store being cancelled due to snow. When I turned to him and said, "What was that?" he said, "Nothing." and wouldn't talk anymore about his comment.

For the past 2 months, he's been asking my ring size, diamond preferences, etc. He's downloaded articles on how to buy a diamond, etc. So I KNOW he's been looking.

Anyway, gift exchange time comes--we typically spend between $100-$200 on each other. This year, he gave me a t-shirt and cd. That was it. I was baffled, but he seemed perfectly happy, and nothing was said. I felt disappointed and confused, but smiled and told him thank you. He seemed so pleased with his purchases.

Anyway, he left first thing Monday morning for his Christmas vacation with his family, so I'm not sure what to think or expect as far as a ring.

What in the world did his "appointment being cancelled" mean??? And why would he have said it loud enough for me to hear without providing an explanation??

Aargh. Now he's with his family and absorbed in their holiday traditions, so I'm sure his "appointment" is the farthest thing from his mind. :(

What do ya'll think about this?????

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: What was THIS supposed to mean???
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 8:26 AM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

Sounds like that was his indirect way of telling you that he couldn't get your real gift due to the snowstorm, and that you'll probably be seeing it soon. I wouldn't be too disappointed with the CD and t-shirt.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 9:13 AM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

I agree with Artbride.
And you said it yourself in your description of what happened, the appointment was cancelled because of the weather. He won't be able to get to the jewelery store until after his family vacation.
Let him enjoy his time with his family & be patient. He has probably already rescheduled another appointment anyway. Be happy that you got to spend Friday through Sunday with your man because of the storm, not dissappointed because you got a t-shirt & a CD because the storm caused for the jewelery store to close & he couldn't get the ring.

FrancieElaine Posts : 654 Registered: 6/26/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

Be patient. Sounds like something is coming soon. Just don't steal the surprise!

Francie Elaine, The Bride Whisperer

www.bride-whisperer.com

http://twitter.com/BrideWhispering

http://bridewhisperer.blogspot.com  

SoontobeMrsGlover Posts : 79 Registered: 9/14/09
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: FrancieElaine

It totally sounds like he was bummed that he didn't get to make his appointment but he wanted you to know that he had "something" speical planned, which is why he said it loud enouhg for you to hear. Just be patient and let it happen. Now that this opportunity has passed he'll need time to think of something else.

It sounds like its going to be something special. Good luck and keep us posted!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

kalama Posts : 299 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Oct 8, 2012 1:47 AM Go to message in response to: HopetobeMrsF

Love always make people think to much!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine