Thanks All!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Dreamy10 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/22/09
Thanks All!
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 3:14 AM

Thanks all for the your comments. Hopefully I'll be back soon to give great news!!!

Edited by: Dreamy10 on Dec 22, 2009 12:44 PM

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: Listen to this please...Need some opinions
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 8:24 AM Go to message in response to: Dreamy10

I feel like there are a lot of things that have happened with you in the past week that could lead to you being proposed to in the near future. But the same thing is happening to myself and a lot of other posters who are waiting to be engaged.
When something is on our mind, especially being engaged to the love of our life, we read into things more than we shoud. It's torture, yes. Why we put ourselves through it, I can't explain that.
You've got some tell-tale signs that he has purchased a ring, so if he does propose, if you plan to say yes, just relax and enjoy the holidays. If you plan to say no, maybe talk to him about what you've been hearing before he goes through with it.
Goodluck and Happy holidays!

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: Dreamy10

I'll be honest... I don't quite understand. So, you two are NOT dating currently because you don't live near each other? But you think he might propose?

I mean, I guess anythings possible, but I wouldn't get yourself all wrapped up in assuming that's what it means. Not if you aren't even officially dating. Or are. I dunno. I'm confused.

Regardless, I knew my boyfriend was going to propose at some point. We'd talked about marriage for a couple years and were moving in together in a couple months. Given that I'd point blank told him that while I'd move in with him even if we weren't engaged, it would make me (and likely our parents and grandmothers) much more comfortable if I had a ring on my finger. So, while I wasn't expecting the day and time, I knew he was a smart boy and that a proposal was likely coming.

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 9:01 AM Go to message in response to: Dreamy10

HUH? Generally, people are DATING when they are about to get engaged. Since you are not, I'd bet that a proposal is not imminent.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: Dreamy10

I concur with Artbride. Also I wouldnt say yes to man who got me a ring at Jared's either.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

LOL, NJ - I agree! :)

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Vice President and Guardian of the Toilet Brush of POOP: People Offended by Offended People

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: Dreamy10

Okay, it's Christmas time, and maybe I'm just feeling sappy as a result and want a good romance story, so I love the idea of two best friends who've known eachother/dated for 7 years (and are 24) and he realizes she's totally the one him and he goes out and buys a ring and now a proposal is imminent -- okay, I love it.

So, to answer your question rather than grill you on whether it's smart to consider marrying a guy you broke up with (what makes you think it's going to work)? or whether it's smart to expect a marriage proposal, I'll say that there were signs for me. Mainly, my sign was that he was broke, for no apparent reason, for, like, 8 months before he proposed. He was unusually anxious about money and kept saying things like "you know, we really should think about money" and "maybe we should try and save cash" when we'd go out to eat or consider a vacation. I realize now that he was siphoning away his own cash towards a ring, but didn't want to tell me. That was my sign.

Good luck & Happy Holidays.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 22, 2009 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

"HE WENT TO JARROD"S!!!!"

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine