PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

Augustbride10 Posts : 12 Registered: 12/21/09
PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 4:40 PM

I'm getting married August of next year. I'm really into stationery so the invitations are very important to me even though my budget for them is only $200 to $300. I've seen a lot of cool things in my budget and can't decide. I know I have time but I don't want to order and then find something else that I like.
I have ordered samples of these and really like them all. Help me choose please!!
What is the best option for the price??? Are these not 'summery' enough?

$2
$2.5
$3.00
$2

Edited by: Augustbride10 on Dec 21, 2009 4:55 PM

Sorry here are the shop links. They are all from the same seller
www.alamodebride.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/alamodebride

Edited by: Augustbride10 on Dec 27, 2010 5:59 PM

Re: PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: Augustbride10

Here is one more. I could not attach it so here is the link
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19659551

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 21, 2009 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: Augustbride10

I love the Asian Leaf invites from Etsy and think those totally say summer. I also thought the retro-style dot invites were fun, and since they're fun they make me think of summer.

The other invitations looked visually more formal to me. So if your wedding is on the formal side, you might want to keep them in mind anyway. The black-and-white damask invitation signalled "formal evening event" to me. The very first invitation you posted looks somewhat summery in a more formal way because of the art on it. The plain invitation looked...well, boring.

preview image

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

I know you're right.I changed that one, I actually added that one by accident. that was not a part of my top 5. (this week lol)
My wedding is formal but I still want it to be fun.

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: Augustbride10

I really like all of them. I think the one from etsy is my favorite. It seems summery and could work for both a more formal or a more casual affair.

I agree that the first one and the damask one seem more on the formal side, as well as the one with the flower band. I really like the one with circles, but it strikes me as a more "modern" style - I'm thinking a wedding/reception in a loft-style, with lots of chrome, if that makes any sense. :)

I totally understand how you feel about making this decision. I go back and forth all the time, and even between making and buying them. Who know this would be such a hard part?

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3 save the date

LoveSmartDesign Posts : 11 Registered: 12/19/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

I couldn't agree more with the others who have chimed in. The Etsy invitations get my vote. They're simple but stylish, summery and elegant, and feel like a nice mix of formal and relaxed. Beautiful. I think damask patterns can achieve this too, especially if you explore colored damask patterns, such as green damask on white.

Congratulations!

For handmade, personalized wedding puzzles and games, visit www.LoveSmartDesign.com!

Edited by: LoveSmartDesign on Dec 29, 2009 3:04 PM

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: Augustbride10

I like the first invitiation you posted. And at $2.00 an invitiation, that is the least expensive of all that you've shown. Are there different color options with that same design/print? Maybe something brighter would help with the summer wedding, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker in my opinion.
And by the way, I think that they are all beautiful invitations! You have great taste in stationary.

Posted: Jan 1, 2010 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

Thanks girls!!!! I know I am very indecisive by nature, lol but there is some really great stuff out there and it's so hard to choose. I bought sample of these invites so that I can show them to friends to help decide. I'll keep you all posted on my decision :)

Post pics of your choices I would love to see what others are doing.

Edited by: Augustbride10 on Jan 1, 2010 2:36 PM

Dusty2427 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/25/09
Posted: Jan 2, 2010 6:00 AM Go to message in response to: Augustbride10

i honestly like the first one the best. i think its pretty and elegant, im getting married june of next year and i was having the same problem deciding what looked summery yet formal and i think that one hits the nail on the head!

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Dusty2427

Okay girls! I've made a decision!!!!! I'm going to go with the first one. I LOVE IT! I ordered a sample and it's PERFECT! It's printed on this really beautiful linen card stock. The only thing I'm not totally sure about is if I am going to do the gatefold and bow or not. I'm glad she gives the option. I have time so if I can find the money somewhere in my budget I would love to do the gatefold and bow, but either way I love it!

Thanks for all of your opinions ladies! I would love to hear what others are doing. Please share!!!!!

Edited by: Augustbride10 on Feb 15, 2010 8:07 PM

Posted: Dec 27, 2010 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: Augustbride10

I feel terrible! I have had a few girls contact me asking where I found these invites about a year ago. :0
I should have included a link or something for all of them. I have been so busy with this wedding and have not been back to brides.com until now, and just saw these messages. :(

Sharing is caring :)
These are the links below.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/alamodebride
http://www.alamodebride.com/

By the way I ended up going with a whole totally different design from Eritrea. She was really great to work with.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/64292311/new-metallic-navy-and-gold-brocade
My colors were more appropriate for the season of course. I used hot pink and apple green.

Edited by: Augustbride10 on Dec 27, 2010 5:52 PM

Edited by: Augustbride10 on Dec 27, 2010 5:53 PM

Edited by: Augustbride10 on Dec 27, 2010 5:56 PM

SummerB Posts : 4 Registered: 3/7/09
Posted: Jan 4, 2011 7:41 PM Go to message in response to: Augustbride10

I love it!

Catherine88 Posts : 170 Registered: 7/26/12
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 1:50 AM Go to message in response to: Augustbride10

You can design it by yourself,and send them to a online store,they may do it for you.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine