Blue in October?

Online Users: 1,330 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Soon2BeStorie Posts : 5 Registered: 12/9/09
Blue in October?
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 10:11 AM

Hi!

I'm getting married October 9, 2010 and I have NO IDEA what colors I want to use. I love blue - cornflower, especially, or something even lighter - capri, I think? However, I also like the idea of a fall themed wedding. Part of the reason I picked October is because I love how the leaves all change colors, etc. I'm afraid that a pinkish orange bridesmaid dress won't look good on my bridesmaids, though! I have one red head and we are all super fair, so I'm afraid everybody will look washed out.

We are doing a light shopping trip next month, but I hate to wait that long to decide!

Any advice?

:o)

FutureMrsBabler Posts : 104 Registered: 5/18/09
Re: Blue in October?
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

First off, congrats! :) Fall weddings are always gorgeous, and the possibilities for colors are endless! I definitely think you can make blue work in your color scheme. You shouldn't completely cater to your bridesmaids taste in color - but, being a readhead myself, I have to admit I kind of shudder at the thought of having to wear a pinkish-orange bridesmaid dress! haha... but seriously... If you want blue, write down a few of your other favorite colors that you might want to include, or colors you feel would look good on your bridesmaids.

What about combining the light cornflower blue with a fall color like gold, deep red, or dark green? The bridesmaids could wear any of those colors with a light blue sash, or blue dresses with fall colored flowers? Or, you could always use a different shade of blue, like slate or navy, I would just try to stay away from anything too bright or pastel. It's all a process of elimination. It took me FOREVER to come up with my color combination, but it was worth the obsession and over analyzing in the end! Good luck!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. 

~Dr. Seuss

Rose217 Posts : 474 Registered: 8/9/08
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

Agreed. If you and your FH like blue, have blue. Don't worry about the season.

Soon2BeStorie Posts : 5 Registered: 12/9/09
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Rose217

Thanks ladies! I like your suggestions!

I will have to play with the navy idea - it sounds like it might just be the answer I'm looking for.

:o)

That made me feel better! Thank you again for the boost! I'm starting to see a clearer picture...

ICEStandard Posts : 34 Registered: 12/10/09
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

Congratulations! I think if you want blue then go with blue. I don't think all your bridesmaids will looked washed out, once they have there hair done and makeup on. I have very light skin and everybody tells me I look good in blue. Test it out, have everybody put there makeup on and do there hair and try on some dresses.

www.icestandard.org

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

I'm doing blue! I absolutely love blue and I wouldn't have it any other way:). I was going to do a sea blue with apple green because we're having a spring wedding, but decided to do a deeper blue instead. Go for it!

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 4:29 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45679.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Dec 5, 2012 7:25 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BeStorie

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 1853 is just $449.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine