Flower Consultation ?'s

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

princessbride2010 Posts : 58 Registered: 10/20/08
Flower Consultation ?'s
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 1:19 PM

Hello all!

We're down to 6 months until the big day, and we've moved 600+ miles away from home and the venues for our wedding. Over Christmas break, I will be going to get my seating charts, see what the reception venue uses for centerpieces, and to two different flower consultations.

Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to what I should bring to the consultations? I was thinking pictures and swatches, but other than that I have no clue.

I'm completely clueless about flowers...and totally uncreative...my colors are black, white, and a bit of green. I adore sunflowers, but I don't know how I can tie them in without looking silly and out of place.

Also, I am planning to have my ceremony outside at either my grandmother's or my mother's house, and I can't find anything that shows an outside venue done up with flowers. I either find something extremely over the top that looks ridiculously expensive or something with little decoration that looks super cheesy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://sites.google.com/site/jandj2010

http://princessbride2010.brides.com

agd1017 Posts : 464 Registered: 9/14/09
Re: Flower Consultation ?'s
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: princessbride2010

I think I was in a somewhat similar position when I went to my flower consultation. I didn't know much about flowers, I knew the general idea of the look I was going for but that was it. A good florist should be able to ask the right questions and come up with some ideas that you might like. And mine came up with some at first that I was not that crazy about, but I just kept talking and we kept trying and eventually she came up with exactly what I was looking for.

Good luck!

Amanda and Eric
10/10/10

Amanda and Eric

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: princessbride2010

Bringing pictures of looks that you like certainly is worthwhile. Your vendor also should have a portfolio to show you, with ideas that fit your taste and your budget. Your vendor also should be able to make recommendations--you have a season, a color scheme, and the style of your venue. He/she should know what flowers are in season, which are the most available and economical, and which will give the look that you want. You should, of course, have a basic budget that you can work with and an idea of where you want to use flowers (centerpiece, bouquets/bouts/corsages, toss bouquet, other decor, wedding arch, etc.) As for pictures of outdoor looks, I can send you tons of them. Just contact me through my website and I can send you a batch.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: princessbride2010

Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Cathedral Train Taffeta Wedding Dress Style Monalisa Royale
Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine