All inclusive resorts

Online Users: 1,340 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

beeeeepbride Posts : 1 Registered: 6/24/09
All inclusive resorts
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 5:25 PM

Sandals is wayyyy out of budget, but one of the things we would like to consider is that style of all inclusive resort, somwhere in the caribbean. Looking through expedias vacation packages, and there's very little information on each resort, only one picture per resort, and it doesn't seem like there's much to offer in the way of privacy. Did anyone take a honeymoon like this, but not at Sandals? Any recommendations? We're considering other possibilities, too, just hoping this might be a possibility :-)

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: All inclusive resorts
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: beeeeepbride

Dear Beep,

It's great to get ideas from Expedia, but I suggest making a note of any resorts that interest you then visiting that resort's website.

You'll get a better idea of the ambiance from the entire website.

Next, see if you can find someone who has actually been there.

DNAmindy Posts : 47 Registered: 7/24/09
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: beeeeepbride

I'm pretty sure that all-inclusive resorts in Mexico can a good deal cheaper than resorts in the Caribbean. Maybe you can try looking there? I've heard from friends that Mexico is incredibly nice, as long as you stay in the "touristy" spots. Then again, I think this is pretty true for most Caribbean islands as well.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: beeeeepbride

We stayed at an all inclusive in Playa del Carmen, Mexico called Playacar Palace. It was about 2500 for a week including air fare.

We were right by the ferry to Cozumel and near the Aztec ruins. It was wonderful.

I also suggest using a travel agent. She got us a GREAT deal that she had access to that we wouldn't have on our own.

And, when we were on a later plane because of plane delays, she took care of calling the hotel, etc while the other couple with us who had booked through Expedia couldn't get a hold of anyone!

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: beeeeepbride

We just got back from Jamaica yesterday. We stayed at Couples San Souci, and it was amazing! It's slightly less expensive than Sandals, but still all inclusive and incredible. Couples has several different locations, and they always have specials going on. I'd highly recommend it!

38.jpg picture by JeWareGT

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 9:09 PM Go to message in response to: beeeeepbride

Hi There!

Congrats on your engagement!! There are so many amazing all inclusive resorts that are having great deals right now! I have personally been to most of the all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico that are perfect honeymoon locations. Please feel free to send me a private message that way we can discuss this more in detail. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Tammy Levent
Elite Travel

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

ShanesGal333 Posts : 11 Registered: 3/3/10
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 12:45 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

How much was it to hire a travel agent? we are on an extremely limited budget but i still want our honeymoon to be amazing..

"Ever thine, Ever mine, Ever Ours"

4-23-2011

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 8:22 AM Go to message in response to: ShanesGal333

Try http://www.tripadvisor.com/. It ranks resorts and hotels and has real photos from travelers.
wedding tickers

HummingbirdHall... Posts : 10 Registered: 2/20/10
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: beeeeepbride

Congratulations!

If you have your heart set on the Caribbean, there are definitely ways that you can honeymoon which are not as expensive as all-inclusive resorts.

Have you thought about hiring a villa? A smaller, more boutique property? You can control your costs slightly more.

In terms of there not being that much information, I'd definitely second tripadvisor! Travel sites like trekshare are also good!

Have a great honeymoon.

Jamaica: Once You Go - You Know!

Hummingbird Hall, Jamaica: http://www.hummingbirdhall.com/

Destination Wedding Jamaica

AsRealAsItGets Posts : 9 Registered: 2/13/10
Posted: Mar 5, 2010 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: beeeeepbride

Of COURSE mexico is inexpensive look at all they have to offer:
a terroristic drug war, epidemic rates of tourist kidnapping and a frightening problem of Staph and E.coli infection outbreaks.
The Mexican Government is desperate for American tourist dollars.

Please be wise and safe travel somewhere other than Mexico and enjoy, you deserve it.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine