Tattoo cover up all over my veil?

Online Users: 1,301 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14
Tattoo cover up all over my veil?
Posted: May 9, 2007 11:12 AM

So I have this tatoo:

I loathe my tattoo and am waiting for the day I can have it removed.  I was 19 when I got it and going through an incredibly stupid stage and on a DARE I got this guy I had been seeing's initials tatooed on my back (did I mention I was stupid?) It's not obvioius or anything, and you can't tell unless you KNOW his initials, but I don't want it showing on my wedding day.

However, I'm wearing a veil... am I going to have a brown veil from the veil rubbing on my back???

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

Re: Tattoo cover up all over my veil?
Posted: May 9, 2007 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm not really sure exactly how those tatto cover-up kits work and how well they stay on (are they just really thick make-up or something else?), but I have a couple of tips from doing a lot of live theatre under hot stage lights.  Most make-up artists set our stage makeup with translucent powder, which usually prevented it from rubbing off too much, but one of them used this spray which 'set' the makeup (like hairspray for the face - no joke!).  I wish I knew the brand or where you could get it, but it might be worth contacting a make-up artist to ask for.  You could also try a beauty supply shop.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works!

"Love is friendship set on fire." ~ Jeremy Taylor, 1613-1667

Samala Posts : 561 Registered: 12/19/06
Posted: May 9, 2007 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OKay, so I know it sounds odd, but AquaNet will set makeup. I used that for years for color guard performances. 

Also, look into airbrush makeup. That stuff is supposed to stay put and not come off no matter what. However, you will have to get a pro to do that. I know the place I am possibly going to get my hair done at charges $15 and up to do tattoo cover ups.  So if you find someone you like it might be worth just paying a pro. I think the kits usualy run around $20-30 so if your make up artists charge around that you might as will use someone who is USED to doing that.

.:Samala:.

Can't wait till September 15, 2007!

Posted: May 9, 2007 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: Samala

Soon2bemrsvasquez -- I too have a tattoo in the same place ----eery lol that we're getting married the same day too lol. Anyway, because of this I am planning on of course covering my tattoo which i have already done twice with mac makeup -- PHENOMENAL the way it covers it BUT it can rub on if rubbed UPON. I highly recommend getting it covered as early as possible and setting it with a powder (the hairspray thing might work too) and letting it airdry or even dry it with a blowdrier. BUT know that it will rub off if rubbed on.

Since I know that if i wear my veil all night the veil will most likely get dirty i have decided to take it off right after the dances so that I can enjoy myself.

I know that alot of brides liek to wear their veils all night but it's tricky for us brides who have tattoo cover up on our backs. I wore it twice to weddings and throughout the night from my FH continuously hugging me for pics it started to rub off ( i warned him to hug me on the other side on 11/3 lol)

I hope this helped.

PS ---- I was young too BOOOO =0(

November 3, 2007 I will be the happiest lil bride in NJ!

He completes me.

Posted: May 9, 2007 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hmm.. well I am only planning on wearing my veil for the ceremony... ok, so I'm putting on for pics starting at 3pm, the ceremony is at 5... till about 5:30 and that's if my Pastor gets long winded, which he sometimes does, then pics for about 45 minutes so by 6:15 it's coming off.... so that's 3 hours and 15 minutes of wear.  How bad do you think the stains will be? 

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

Posted: May 9, 2007 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm wearing mine about the same length of time because i'm taking some pics before the ceremony with the girls and my parents and then the ceremony and pics after and till the first dance. I don't think it should be too bad as long as you don't literally rub. By rubbing i mean not just passing which I doubt your veil will. I tried on a fingterip veil last night and it didn't even touch my shoulder blade because the tulle kept it up.

No worries i'm sure you'll be fine.

I would practice putting on diff shades and drying it and all and play around with it. I plan to do that even though i had it applied already twice.

November 3, 2007 I will be the happiest lil bride in NJ!

He completes me.

Posted: May 9, 2007 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

well i have several tattoos on my upper back(and plan to get more) and am planning on covering them for the wedding. I have talked to many different makeup artists and the one solutin that keeps comming up (aside from not having tattoos to begin with) is to either a)air brush it and finish it with a setting powder or b)use that cover up kit and finish it with the setting powder. I worked at knotts scarry farm a few years ago and I noticed that the people who had mmakeup done had no problem with smearing or smudging or having it rub off onto their clothing. Maybe you could have a test run done by a professional ... u know just like you would do for your hair and makeup. here is my back minus one big tattoo right between the two you see here and minus FH name right under the hand of the angel girl. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You Know You're In Love When You
Can't Fall Asleep Because Reality Is Finally
Better Than Your Dreams.

Posted: May 9, 2007 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

holy bageevus

well that was only one of them... i have 3 more 2 of which are more or less teh same size.

Better Than Your Dreams.

litlbit Posts : 192 Registered: 1/19/07
Posted: May 9, 2007 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There are a lot of "makeup sealer" products.  If you go to the makeup counters in department stores you could ask around and find some I'm sure.  I'm going to look for the same thing cuz a friend recommended I do it for the wedding day makeup.

Posted: May 10, 2007 2:32 AM Go to message in response to: litlbit

Hi Soon2BMrsVasquez

I also have a tattoo on my back I'm considering covering.  My design is a HUGE dragon and I don't think I want makeup on my whole back.  Since my hair's long I might just leave it down or do some kind of half up style.  That would take care of the problem without makeup.

From your picture I can't tell if your hair's long enough to cover those initials, plus your tattoo is more toward your shoulder.  I like the idea of airbrushing....I wonder if using hairspray to set makeup would leave a big shiny mark on the skin though?  I think we all need advice from somebody who's already made it through her wedding day with a tattoo covered up!

Posted: May 10, 2007 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would check with a sample of the veil material if you can possibly get one to see if it would rub off on to it.  The veil would be lightly rubbing on your back so you could move around with your veil around before you put the make-up on the tatoo, then you know how the veil would rub on your back, and test it that way.

Posted: May 10, 2007 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

HEY ANGEL AWESOME TATTOO... I LIKE THAT ... I REALLY AM LOOKING TO GET SOMETHING TO COVER THE BUGGER AND THE OTHER BOOGER ON TEH OTHER SIDE((LITTLE DEVIL GIRL)) AND WAS ACTUALLY SOMETHING SIMILAR TO WHAT U HAVE...**PROMISE I WONT STEAL THE IDEA I WANT AND ANGEL OR SOMETHING** BUT YEAH U KNOW I DIDNT THINK OF THE HAIRSPRAY AND THE SHINY MARK...I THINK I M GONNA HAVE TO TRI IT THIS WEEKEND TO SEE IF THAT HAPPENS.

Better Than Your Dreams.

Posted: May 11, 2007 5:37 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FUTRMSBONILLA, thank you very much for the compliment!!  You can copy the idea...I agree, if you wanted to cover your angel and devil with one tattoo, some kind of design with spread wings is an interesting way to go.

Samala Posts : 561 Registered: 12/19/06
Posted: May 13, 2007 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

So, I tried makup finishing spray this weekend. Yesterday I had my makeup on for about 4 hours, and today for about 12. It is FABULOUS!! I bought it at Ulta for $30 and I love it! My makeup has stayed perfect all day with almost no fading. I usualy have my foundation gone after a couple hours and my eyemake up isn't far behind. This stuff works wonders. 

I will definitely be using it on my wedding day.

So I would say if you do the heavy cover up with a powder over it, and then get a setting spray you should have no issues with your veil getting smudges on it. Especialy if it is only going to be on through the ceremony.

Yeah I think if i tried the makeup would come off. But ordinary wear doesn't move it at all.

Just thought I'd let you know. 

.:Samala:.

Can't wait till September 15, 2007!

SixpenceWeddings Posts : 7 Registered: 11/25/09
Posted: Nov 25, 2009 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know this is an older thread, but incase anyone looks it up, I noticed this product hasn't been mentioned yet...

I used to work as a bridal consultant for a big name bridal shop. We ALWAYS recommended dermablend to our brides who wanted to cover their tattoos. If you apply a little while before you put your dress on, it should be dry enough to not bleed.
Dermablend

From their site:
For large scars on the face, neck and hands, use Cover Creme
foundation. Cover Creme foundation glides on evenly to provide full
coverage of moderate to major skin flaws
while delivering all day
hydration to keep skin looking fresh. Contains SPF 30 sunscreen and is
suitable for sensitive skin.

For large scars on the legs, arms or torso, use Leg and Body
Cover Creme foundation. The lightweight formula with SPF 15 and
improved texture provides easy coverage of moderate to major skin flaws
on large skin surfaces