What got you motivated?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: Nov 5, 2009 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Feel free to kick my ass anytime =)

About the balance stuff... I thought I was the only one who was paranoid (maybe that's the wrong word) about that... Enter, bosu ball. Balance training is a must and actually helps me with everything else.

As for your pain, that's a huge bummer BUT, way to turn it into a positive and let it motivate you to work out and stay in good health =)

As for the chattyness... when I get overwhelmed, I talk. And right now, I'm overwhelmed. These stupid wedding checklists are driving me insane, I feel like I have wedding word vomit and I don't know how to get a handle on it, my venue called to remind me that I forgot to schedule tastings and they are supposed to be done already, we have picked a photog but can't get together with them to give them money and sign papers until Monday so that feels unfinished and is bugging me, my diy projects are giving me a headache, moh and I are going bm dress shopping this weekend and I would rather just not do it and take a break instead, we are registering this weekend and I'm not looking forward to it, and that's just the beginning... and doesn't include the 4 papers due in the next 2 weeks for school and working 40 hours a week... And I live with FH but haven't seen him in 3 days... I miss him =(

I know, I know, focus on a couple things that I can get done... It's just one of those days where I feel so deep in the hole that I can't see out of it. But, things could always be worse. FH and I are healthy, happy, and getting married... can't ask for much more than that =)

Update: I wrote all that out, read it, and had to edit the post because now I feel much better... lol

Edited by: Ashleyanne2010 on Nov 5, 2009 9:01 AM

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2009 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Okeydokey. I am going to copy that quote if you slack off :)

I think we are both "concerned" about balance training. I love the bosu ball. One of my favorites right now is squats with the flat side up so its tippy. I put it under the bar on the smith machine so I can use that to get one more easily. I found that trying to get on that thing with my feet evenly spaced, in a somewhat graceful manner was impossible.

I am sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I remember when I was getting married (first ceremony) and preparing to move to the USA I had some days where it all seemed too much. Trying to get the timing right was really tricky. Then I would remind myself that while I had to get it all done, I didn't have to get it all done on that day and I would give myself a chore schedule with a couple chores a day. Trying to control wedding vendors is equivalent to trying to herd cats. Then I'd go work out and I would feel better. I love how I can transfer the powerful feeling I get from lifting into every day life. If I can leg press 600 pounds I can get through the immigration process.

And yes sometimes just saying it all makes you feel better. I hope you feel better.

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2009 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

I have the consistency of gravy right now. Or maybe it's more like water, I don't know. Tanis, is your gym a 24 hour one too? I'd LOVE to have one of those around here....The gym I'm thinking about doesn't have, or at least hasn't had in the past, classes like Pilates or Aerobics with work on the bosu balls or anything like that that I'd love to try. And the ones that do, I can't afford. Still looking for somewhere to go!!

Ash, don't let wedding planning bring you down hon!! It was frustrating for me at times, but I never lost my love for it. It was truly a labor of love! That's how I thought of it, felt it was, and it never left me without a smile on my face. I never lost sight of the fact that I was planning the best day of my life, my husbands life. It was always a joy, albeit a frustrating, hair-pulling one sometimes!! If I can help in any way, just let me know.

Tanis, I'm working on a deal with UPS to get you back and forth between me and Ash. I'll let you know how it turns out!! =)

Proud Member of P.O.O.P  -  People Offended by Offended People

jellybean91908 Posts : 216 Registered: 2/9/09
Posted: Nov 5, 2009 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Hi, everyone! I'm getting married next October, and I recently bought my dress. Right now, it fits almost perfectly, so I'm concerned about not gaining any weight between now and then. I'm trying to watch what I eat and eat healthier, but I'm finding myself totally unmotivated to exercise. I have things I like to do, but I always find excuses or rationalizations for not doing it!

I have never really had to worry about getting exercise and was never really concerned about gaining weight, but now I feel "pudgier" every day! I've been thinking about getting a personal trainer through my university, but the most they offer is a package of 8, 1-hour sessions, and I'm afraid that after that's up, I'll just go back to the way I am now. Over the summer, FH and I were doing really well at working out every day, but now our schedules don't work out so that we can go together, and I hate working out by myself.

Caitlin & Michael ~ 9/19/08-forever <3

wedding website

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: jellybean91908

Ok, all day yesterday I was stressed out and started feeling sorry for myself all over stupid things. So, I got home last night and got to work...

Tasting menu decided and tasting scheduled for Wednesday the 11th.
Catering package decided- just need to plug in the good food from the tasting.
Bar package decided, specialty cocktail included.
Cake design set, flavor decision pending tasting.
Suite in VEGAS for bachelorette- booked!
Guest list finalized.
BM dresses narrowed down- appointment booked for Saturday am to take moh to try them on!

It's nothing set in stone, but I felt so accomplished... I finally got a good night's sleep!

Bring it on wedding checklist, I got this!

Oh, and I'm kicking butt on the being healthy front too... I haven't gone over my points at all this week and I've gotten my butt in the gym. Woooo!

Posted: Nov 8, 2009 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Okay Ash and Kens if we are going to play imaginary "Pass Tanis back and forth" can't I at least take a plane? I don't want to ride in the back of the UPS truck. First class would be nice. With all that extra space I could stretch out and be ready to work out when I got there!

Welcome Jellybean. Feel free to jump in any time. We've been around for a year now so we tend to chat more with each other but newcomers are always welcome.

Kens my gym isn't 24 hours. I go with mid day with all the retired people. Hmm maybe thats why I think I do pretty good in the gym. Pretty good for a 70 year old! lol. My EH goes at 5:00 in the morning which is just gross to me.

Ash great job on turning things around!! Looks like you got buckets done and are feeling better.

As for me I am still playing in the Overweight but Inspired BL, but just for points. I was in the gym for three freaking hours today to get all my cardio points in. Then I had lunch and it felt like I had eaten a peanut for lunch but I am trying to get to supper with just my banana snack. I am working on portions now. blech.

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Hey girls! Just wanted to drop by really quick! I changed my name and removed my pics so I can be a little more anonymous... Too many people have found me on here! Anyways... today was my first day back into a routine. Or the start of one! I woke up this morning at 5:20 and headed to the gym. It wasn't as brutal as I thought it was going to be. I worked out for an hour and then got ready for work. I think I kinda lagged in the morning, so tomorrow I am going to wake up at 5:15 and hopefully get to the gym by 6 (its about a 30 min drive) that way I can work out for about an hour and 15 or 20 min. Every little bit helps! Ever since we moved in with our friends it has been no bueno in the diet department. We are eating and drinking way more and not eating as healthy as well as we used to. But I CANNOT gain weight! I need to lose more so hopefully my new routine will stick!

Alright I am off to bed. I hope everyone is doing good!

SUN if you read this just let us know you are still around!!!!!
wedding website

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Ha! Took a second to figure out exactly who this was! People causing you problems?? No bueno. I hope you are succesful in your endeavours of FIVE IN THE MORNING!!!! There oughta be a law against that...

I looked into Curves, and don't think that's the way for me to go. Nowhere near the kind of workout I want. The local rec center I really like, but they don't have aerobic/pilates classes at times that I can go. Can I come up with any more excuses? BUT! I've heard that they are opening a gym 24 hours around here somewhere....not a 24 Hour Fitness club, but something. I have started eating better, so that's a step in the right direction. sigh....

Proud Member of P.O.O.P  -  People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

FMS- I saw on fb that you were getting back into the gym (at the ass crack of dawn)... way to go!!! I did my first real workout since the half marathon last wednesday and I am STILL sore- stupid gym. Anyways, you are now my motivation... I can't get up that early tomorrow (since I'm set to stay up super late working on a take home midterm) but Wednesday morning- it's on!

So... I weighed in on Saturday... down 1.2! I'm back to being really vigilant now since I wasn't over summer. Funny thing is, when I wasn't hardcore, I stayed in the same 5 pound range and so I'm certain that my lifestyle change (mainly the change in eating habits) was successful because I maintained and didn't gain which to me means that on some level I was still conscious of what I was eating... Good stuff!

On the wedding front- we booked our photographer tonight (WOO HOO!!!!!!!), my homemade save the dates went out in the mail today (WOO HOO AGAIN!!!!) and our tasting is Wednesday night and I am sooo looking forward to it =)

Hope you ladies are off to a fantastic week!

<3, A

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 12:53 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Oh, and Kens... Good luck finding a gym- but just remember that anything can be utilized to workout. I even do pushups against my kitchen counters while I'm making dinner and just keeping an eye on stuff on the stove. Gyms are great if that's where you focus best, but don't let not having one hold you back! =) Good luck hun and if you need any suggestions or a swift kick in the tush, you know we're always here for ya! (did I really just say 'tush'??? lol)

Posted: Nov 13, 2009 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Hello everyone and Happy Friday. I agree with Ash. There are so many things you can do at home - squats, lunges, planks, pushups, tricep dips. You can take two laundry detergent bottles ( or anything with some weight to it and preferably handles) and do bicep curls, tricep kick backs, shoulder presses, one armed rows. You can hit most of your upper body that way.

Over in the Overweight but inspired thread we have been playing elimination style like the real BL and its down to me and Kelley for the final two! You guys should come by and route for me because everyone else will route for Kelley because she is the "underdog". Why that is I don't know considering the won the last round of BL. I am all revved up and ready to go.

DPUMA Posts : 1 Registered: 4/22/09
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I invested in Skin tightening on my arms it cost about $490 bit you need to work out for it too work. I have already seen results I am always do arm exerices and fit into my dailt routine. Theres no way i am going to waste the money... It Motivated me good luck

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: DPUMA

$490 for skin tightening? How do you know if the product is working or the exercise is working? How can your skin tighten if the underlying fat and muscle aren't shrinking as well. Me thinks me sells a vendor trying to sell $490 crap. I'll stick to my bicep curls and triceps pull downs thank you.

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Agreed... vendor trying to sell crap.

Tanis, who won? or when you find out??? GO TANIS!!!!!!

Well, I weighed in on Saturday... only down 0.5 (with sweats on, so maybe it's more like a pound?) but whatever, a loss is a loss and I know I stayed on track so I'm ok with it. Tonight I have basketball game as my sorce of workout and then my goal is to go before work Tuesday, between work and class Wednesday, before work Thursday, and just at some point (probably before work) on Friday. I have to write that down where someone else can see it so that I hold myself accountable and know that I have people to answer to if I don't get it done... It's like playing mind games with myself, but it works!

Happy Monday ladies!

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Now if it was "make your legs thinner" cream I might be interested. The BL finale starts today. I've already been to the gym for 2 hours and collected at least 7 points so I will definitely hit my goal of 10 points today (points are selected from master menu)

I'd give it a pound with sweats on. I definitely think its best to have the week of workouts planned or they just don't happen (also worth 2 points on BL menu. lol) Saying it out loud to other people is also very effective. Some times when I leave the gym I will say to the staff "See you tomorrow" because I know I will feel guilty if I don't show the next day.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine