Where do I begin?!?!

Online Users: 1,236 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10
Where do I begin?!?!
Posted: Dec 13, 2006 1:00 AM

My boyfriend proposed this past Friday and we are thinking of a mid February 2008 wedding.  I know I should get started planning, but where and how do I begin?  Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Where do I begin?!?!
Posted: Dec 13, 2006 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

First think about a color scheme or theme and your overall wants for the wedding.  Look through tons o magazines, websitees to start a collection of ideas that you like THEN, Start looking for your ceremony site, reception site, photographer, and band as soon as possible...things book up soooo fast!  Then I would move on to, looking for your dress, florist, bakery, limos, ceremony music performer,  think and ask groomsmen and bridesmaids.  Then think about save the dates (if you need them) and invitations, BM dresses and tuxes.  Okay, basically, you look at some of the wedding check lists to keep you on target.  GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!!

Posted: Dec 13, 2006 9:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Before you do ANYTHING, you should figure out what your budget is.  Who's contributing, and how much.  Once you figure out how much you have to spend, you figure out your guest list (approx. #).  It'll be hard to start picking things without knowing how much money and people you have...CONGRATS!!! Oh and you can definitely dream about colors and wedding dresses, but that may end up depending on your venue.

November 3, 2007 I marry my best friend!

Posted: Dec 13, 2006 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Whoa!!!  I totally for got about budget and guest list!!!!!!! THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!!! LMAO!!!!

"La buona moglie fa il buon marito"

May 26, 2007

Io sposato l'amore della mia vita!

Posted: Dec 13, 2006 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

This website is really helpful, especially the Bride's Planner section, and has a great planning checklist

http://www.frugalbride.com

http://www.frugalbride.com/weddingplanningchecklist.html

Posted: Dec 13, 2006 10:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Also, I had a big binder with pocket pages and dividers that I labeled ceremony, reception, photography, clothing, hotel, etc.

Posted: Dec 13, 2006 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The binder is a great idea, and budget will probably be about $5000.  Really can't do much more than that, and I know my parents, and his mom are going to contribute.  Thanks for the advice.  I have another question for you all: about how long are or were your engagements?

Posted: Dec 13, 2006 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine was just over 1.5 years

"La buona moglie fa il buon marito" -May 26, 2007- Io sposato l'amore della mia vita!

Posted: Dec 14, 2006 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We will have been engaged almost 2 years when we get married

November 3, 2007 I marry my best friend!

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

First- think of your guest list since everything revolves around that (and the budget)

Second- figure out your budget

Third- decide when and where you want to get married- like what season and what state.  DH and I live in Atlanta, his family is spread out through GA and FL and my family is all in New England.  We decided to get married in Savannah- beautiful place we loved and reasonable for everyone to travel to.  We also wanted to get married in the fall so we talked to our closest family and figured out October 8 or 15 would work out best.  When we found out that my mom's friend (who I am very close to) had another wedding on October 8 we went with the 15th.

Once you have your wedding date and venue then you can start planning.  Read magazines, look online, watch wedding shows to get an idea of what you want- your colors, a theme, etc.  Once you have all these things in place everything else will follow.

AshleyDominique Posts : 3 Registered: 11/12/09
Posted: Nov 13, 2009 5:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wedding planning is a lengthy process and involves the coordination of
many different suppliers and vendors, bringing together a range of
different ideas and details and ensuring nothing is left out! That is
why it is important to utilize as many tools as you can such as a
wedding planning checklist, to ensure you get through it without any
hitches or last minute panics.
my wedding planning checklist for my wedding planning

RSS

Thank You