Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Peridress - Anyone ever ordered from them

Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.
Online Users: 1,350 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 56

Tver Posts : 1 Registered: 8/12/09
Re: Peridress - Anyone ever ordered from them
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I ordered from them. It,s not thet bad, just not looks anything like picture. You need to mager your torso too because they sizes is very diferent. For this dresses you need good undergarment, they don't have anything to hold the dress. Before you order make shore thet stile looks good on you. I found good local store on line that you can tray dreess on and order and they have Layaway for dresses on special order too.( www.weddingcouture.net) They have veils and tiaras for great price too.

LieneVargo Posts : 10 Registered: 10/27/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello,

Just wanted to say that I have been researching these knockofff dresses as I am looking fo rone for my friend. I came across floradress.com and like their customer service and such. I just spoje today w one of their reps and they even sent me a pictures from the designs they recreated . message me if you would like to see. i think they did a pretty good job.

oh, and i am legit..i am new on site thats why i don't have many posts

Liene Vargo
New York

alrtr12 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/9/09
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I sure have and it was a huge mistake. The testimonials they list have to be made up. I emailed them back after receiving my dress and ask how to list my testimonial and they said just give it to them in an email and they would list it. Well, I did give it to them, but they won't list it. The dress is of very poor quality, color is dull, cheap made and very very cheap looking. Please do not waste your time or money on this company. I wrote with my complaint and ask for my money back and they wanted pictures. I sent pictures of an original and their dress side by side and their response was "what did I not like", to them it looked fine. Well trust me, it did not. I will actually be throwing this dress in the trash it is so bad. I would never wear this dress.

Noir Posts : 1 Registered: 11/12/09
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: alrtr12

Well, it seems to me that if you order something simplish then you are likely to get better results. I've been researching peridress and other site like it for a few months now and I am just amazed at all the mixed reviews. I've seen pictures of beautiful dresses. And at the same time, I've seen some crappy dresses. Honestly, I've thought about just sucking up the loss and paying like $180 for an experimental dress myself, but then I saw classydame's experimental dress (genius idea I must add) and now have to wonder if it's worth it. If I can get a hold of some pocket money, I think I just might buy two dresses or so for my own experiment (I'm also a seamstress) and see how the simple dress vs. complicated dress results pan out.

I'm new to this site and I'm starting to get my wedding plans rolling, but I'll be on here more often.

hthraubrey Posts : 1 Registered: 12/25/09
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 5:53 AM Go to message in response to: alrtr12

I just got my wedding dress I ordered from peridress at a MUCH cheaper price. The bridal shop wanted $1,000 dollars for my dream dress. I only paid $175 and it was PERFECT!! No these are not name brand dresses but I'm not so vain as to care, the dress is identical and fits exactly to my measurements. It just goes to show you how bridal shops and retailers take advantage of brides to be by making us pay this ridiculous overprice for a dress that can be made, shipped, and the maker still recieve a profit for $175 The online chat customer service was WONDERFUL, the shipping was FREE, and my order ARRIVED EARLY! I'm very impressed with the quality and intricate detail put into my dress, it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't thank them enough, there's no way I'd be able to have my dream dress without them.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: hthraubrey

hmm..... Let's analyze something about that "profit", just for those of us over here who do not believe in Sweat Shops.

I took a ready made veil and hand sewed on about 300 pearl beads, in a fairly simple formation. This took me over 10 hours. Assuming minimum wage of $5,13, that makes the "paid" labor portion of my VEIL worth $51.30 (minimum). Consider also that there are additional costs that the employer pays on behalf of the employee (health care, employer paid tax, SSI, etc. So let's assume a really CHEAP employer and that cost is $7.00/hourly)

This means that the 10 hours I spent on my veil would be $70/labor costs

This does not include the cost of the beads (I ordered them from China, so they were about $20), or the thread, or even the veil itself. But beads/labor added $90 in cost to my basic veil.

Assuming that we are talking about sewing a wedding dress (this isn't something your average Jane can do... not with all of the pick ups and gathers incorporated), the amount of time to sew the dress should at least be 5 hours.... given the quality of the dress we've seen pictured by Classy Dame

So.... 5 hours sew time at $7 = $35 LABOR (because 10 cents an hour is really not an acceptable wage)

Bead sew on (assuming that I'm a slow poke so my 30 beads per hour is beginner time and that an experienced seamstress would sew on 60 beads per hour). Most of these pricey dresses easily have 3000 beads on them. And they are hand sewn.

3000 beads / 60 beads per hour = 50 hours. 50 x $7 = $350 LABOR

so.... at any reasonable cost of the dress, with beadwork, the labor alone should be in the ball park of $385 ish.

That's not including any materials or equipment.... silk, satin, beads, thread, machinery.

And you think it is reasonable to say that the company is making a great profit on your dress at $175 and these other folks are charging a ridiculous amount on the dresses.

Nope...your company is making a ridiculous profit by using unskilled labor in a sweat shop, attempting to produce rip offs of design by paying extremely low wages. That's what your $175 bought.

Misty

13nataliej Posts : 1 Registered: 3/15/10
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 10:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

So I read every single review on here about 2 months ago because I wanted to see what people thought about Peridress. I was semi-hesitant to buy one from there, but the dress I've been dreaming about for about a year was way out of my budget. So I decided to go ahead and order it anyways.

I got my dress in the mail today. And I think it looks fantastic. First of all, it isn't exactly the same dress. But holy smokes, it is close. And they actually do a really really good sewing job. It only took 4 weeks to get to me too. (Ordered Feb 13, arrived Mar 15). So yes, it is slightly different. But honestly, for 1/20th of the original price? I would do it again and again.

Really, it is just up to personal preference. If you are okay with it being slightly different, but still fantastic quality - then do it! If not, you are welcome to buy the actual designer dress. I just know that I only spent $200 instead of the in-store price of $4000.

I took pictures with the intent to put them up here. But this website only lets you post pictures from websites and mine aren't up on the web. So, if you want pictures, message me.

(Also, I only joined this site to leave this review -- hence the one post. I personally have other websites that I think are better for wedding inspiration, but I wanted to leave this review here to help other girls who are looking.)

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 12:32 AM Go to message in response to: 13nataliej

I appreciate your addressing why you are a one-post wonder raver on something....but truly, one posters who rave on questionable sites are suspect. And we've seen the quality. Personally, I'd rather buy a dress at David's than pretend that I can get a designer I cannot afford.

Misty

Miche1e Posts : 1 Registered: 3/28/10
My experience with Peridress.com
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 3:15 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

This is not a reply to anyone specific, I just didn't know how to post without hitting reply...

Just out of curiosity is anyone a plus size bride looking for a cheap dress???? I am a plus size bride, example I wear a 4x in a shirt which means there are more larger women than just me if they make clothes and dresses to fit me right? Well I had found the dress I wanted so bad back in Sept, of last year and I knew in my heart that I could not afford it, so I started looking around and found the same dress that was $800.00 for $175.00 on Peridress.com and to get it custom made add $25.00 which was great I was so excited, finally was able to get it ordered the other night and the lady that I talked to told me after it was ordered to get back on and confirm everything so they could get it right, which was fine....

I ordered the dress and got back and when I got back on everything was fine until his name was "Miles Wu" was the one confirming my order, I can say he was RUDE, very bad it started out alright and then when it went to going over my measurements hes started on me saying things like, I have never seen sizes this big before, I hope you understand its just we haven't seen sizes this big before, this went on for about an hour I asked if they could make the dress or not and he finally said that his "adviser" which is what he called his supervisor told him that to get it in my size they would have to add $160.00 so my exact words was that it states no where on the website that if over a certain size add XYZ money to the order it just says custom made $25.00.

The customer service with him was very poor he was so rude, like I was some joke to him and any woman that is planning there own wedding knows how hard and stressful it is to begin with all alone when you have someone saying hurtful things about you!!!

After that I was ready to give up and just get married in jeans and shirt and my fiance found a site that is called MyB2CStock.com and they had a beautiful dress which was my 2nd choice to begin with for $106.00 with free shipping, so I got on and talked to a lady named Monica and she was great/wonderful she was so nice and she was really helpful. So I ordered my dress from them but up front I told her my size and asked how much more it would cost to make my dress and I was really shocked that it didn't cost anything more to get it made into my size she also said it would be here by the middle of April, which Peridress said I wouldn't get the dress from them until May, 5th and I am getting married on May 15th so if anything had to be done to it then I would not have had time so as of recomending Peridress NO simply because of "Miles Wu"!!!!!!

Also here is a picture of the dress that I ordered from My2BCStock.com http://www.myb2cstock.com/Plus-Size-White-Short-Sleeves-Empire-Waist-V-Neck-Beading-Satin-Chiffon-Wedding-Dress-6911-3610#

I hope I helped anyone all alone a plus size woman looking for a dress...I do NOT recomend Peridress to anyone, but use your own and best judgement

Peridress Posts : 1 Registered: 3/29/10
Re: My experience with Peridress.com
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: Miche1e

Do not order from Periwing. We ordered a size 8 for a size 6 bride-to-be, leaving room for alterations if necessary. Speaking to them during the ordering process was difficult because they spoke little English and communication was limited. The dress was shipped in a bag instead of a box and the material was damaged. It was smaller than a size 6 and therefor didn't fit. The style and color was entirely different, the fabric and stitching was inferior. Though ordered with an extra 3 inch hem to accommodate high heels, it barely reached the ankles. We were told while ordering that if the dress didn't fit, it could be returned. Not so. You have 24 hours to mail it back, but there was no return address included and nothing was written in English. No one answered the phone, and phone messages and E-mail were returned AFTER the 24 hours expired. They have repeatedly refused to even replace the dress with a larger size, placing the blame on us. Because it was paid for by debit card, there was no recourse through a credit card company. TRY ON AND BUY YOUR DRESS FROM A KNOWN RETAILER!

rocketchiq Posts : 1 Registered: 8/20/10
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I orderd a flower girl dress from these people. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I have seen this dress elsewhere and I know that the advertisement picture is my wedding color (Apple Red). The peridress.com site says that you can choose the color option "Same as in picture". I did, and they sent me a bright orange-red dress, and the only thing that they said they would do is give me $10 off ordering another one! They even said that the dress they sent IS apple red and that all of the dozens of places (including David's Bridal) that I've ordered apple red things from are wrong.

Terrible service. The dress was pretty, but you're taking a roll of the dice in getting what you want.

drdebra Posts : 1 Registered: 11/2/10
Posted: Nov 2, 2010 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I ordered my wedding dress from Peridress. It is absolutely beautiful, everything I hoped it would be. Just be aware that the sizing may not be accurate...the bust was supposed to be a 38 inch and arrived as a 36 inch...since I am 41 inches, I thought I could fit the 38...cannot fit the 36, LOL, so I had a local alterations company take the zipper out and make it a lace up (I did order 2 extra yards of fabric, just in case)...absolutely LOVE IT! Would have ordered a size larger and altered it...but NOT a problem, GREAT price. I tried on dresses from $1000 to $10000 and their $155 dress was JUST AS BEAUTIFUL!!! Would recommend this company to anyone!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine