Vow Renewal

Online Users: 1,268 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 18

Melynda1 Posts : 68 Registered: 3/24/07
Re: Vow Renewal
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: CoutureBride27

Thank you CoutureBride27. And thank you for not reading between the lines and assuming I'm wanting a big wedding with lots of presents for me. A celebration of love can be shown in many ways and everyone should be aloud to express it how they want....with or without any reason.
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: BrighterThanSun...

Thank you too ArtBride. And as I said in my other post I know I stuck myself out there, I just didn't expect such negativity that's all. Thank you BrighterThanSunshine for your input.

There is a little misunderstanding that I see I need to clear up. BrighterThanSunshine, you mention "what about the other people"? My husband and I moved to from TN to SC by ourselves. All of our family is still in TN...almost 400 miles away. Due to my health we haven't even be able to make a trip home this year to see my mom or my sister. Your mention of a compromise with a small vow renewal with just our family....that's basically exactly what I've been talking about doing. When I added friends in the mix...we're talking about some of the people my husband works with. The only people I know here are my doctors.....and neither one of us have close enough friends at home that we would even include.

I like the idea of having a party and doing a small renewal at the party. That way no one would stress out about what they should or shouldn't do...about presents or anything else. I will bow out as gracefully as possible from this thread (even though I started it) and go to the other one. It has basically died down, that was why I wanted to start a new one...but that's ok, I can at least do some research reading the posts.

Thank you to all on this thread.....I do mean that. You've all given me a lot to think about and to consider. I didn't mean to sound nasty....I just really did get my feelings hurt.

Try to put yourself in my position....just for a minute.....
I am 400 miles away from my family....the furthest I've ever been. I am basically a shut in....I know no one in this town other than my doctors I see every week. I battle everyday with my depression...in this house all alone while my best friend & husband is hard at work. I wanted something to look forward to...something I could start learning about, talking on forums with others about. I remember doing that as I was planning our wedding and how much fun it was.

My husband suggested I do it again, but this time for a vow renewal....a vow renewal we can do...he says when...I say if and when....I get better. He tells me it will be like a whole new life.....one like we haven't known. No more hospitals, no more doctors, no more being shut up in the house all day. I jumped at his idea....something to do...to keep me busy...maybe busy enough that I won't feel all the pain. So, I thank each and everyone of you for bringing me back to reality.

For those of you not married....my wishes to you that all your dreams will come true..!! For those that are married.....never take a minute or the love you share for granted..!!

Ebby102310 Posts : 57 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: Melynda1

Melynda: Sorry to hear that you were ill and glad that you are making your way back to being healthy. As to your question about vow renewal.

A cousin of mine threw a vow renewal party for another family member, which was a great and fun time. He got their pastor, reserved a hall, decorated, and had it catered. All of the family and friends knew it was a renewal, and brought cards and small gifts to celebrate, and it was special and perfect to see them pledge their love again.

Some ideas to maybe get you started: I'm not sure how you feel about traveling or having family travel, but maybe you can find a great State Park or lodge in between, that people from TN and NC could travel to and renew your vows followed by a party.

Another idea is maybe have the celebration in TN and invite the people you know from NC up, and maybe make it a weekend event.

Good luck!

After the wedding comes the real funSmile

wedding tickers

Posted: Nov 12, 2009 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: Ebby102310

Thank you Ebby102310...and congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Thanks for sharing your story and I love your ideas. If and when I get better, traveling should no longer be a problem. Really great ideas for me to ponder on.
Thanks again and good luck to you too..

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine