christmas wedding tacky?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 26

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: christmas wedding tacky?
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Hey Bird - We celebrate Thanksgiving at the end of November in this country - - so that probably wouldn't work for avoiding holidays.

:-P

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 12:56 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm - I totally knew about that, and forgot about it during this post (I even booked this year's trip to Disney World around your Thanksgiving, lol...trying to avoid bigger crowds!)

I also believe that in the USA, Thanksgiving is a bigger deal than it is in Canada, so you're right...probably wouldn't work.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 1:29 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Bird - I'm sure you know, I was also just harassing you because I know you. :-P

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 2:37 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I feel dumb for not having remember, hee hee
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

sillysil Posts : 1 Registered: 10/22/09
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 8:33 AM Go to message in response to: christmascrystal

Hi, i am a December bride and i am Christmas crazy. I think its the most beautiful and amazing time of the year to have a wedding. Its a time for family and love and i think theres nothing more beautiful then bringing people you love together for the day you wed. I am so excited to have a Christmas themed wedding. I have soooo many ideas and if you need any help please feel free to contact.. Good luck!!

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 5:16 AM Go to message in response to: christmascrystal

I personally feel that chrismas weddind is a bit tacky, because i love summer's and most probably i am planning for a summer wedding. You can have lots of fun in summer wedding, having outdoor reception and all. But if you and your fiance are planning for chrismas wedding then its got to be fun for you guys.
pearl jewelry store

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 8:01 AM Go to message in response to: lesasue86

I think a Christmas wedding would be great as long as you remember what others have said about your guest list. Some people don't like traveling around the holidays. Then again some people do their traveling then. You may be able to have more of your family and friends available because you have those that will come home for Christmas who might otherwise decline.

As far as the PP who said it was tacky. I am confused how is a Sept wedding a Summer wedding? In my world September is the fall, not Summer.

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: lesasue86

way to be coherant and helpful lesasue86. Just because a "summer wedding" is what you want does not mean that every wedding that is not summer themed is tacky. Besides, your wedding is set for fall. Stupid git.

Misty

BlushingBridezi... Posts : 99 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: christmascrystal

I think it depends on how you go about it. I wouldn't plan a full out Christmas wedding because I think it would be a bit much. If you go overboard with the Christmas decor it could end up looking more like a Christmas party instead of a wedding. However, I think it is good to have some holiday elements here and there. I'm having a winter wonderland theme, so we will have a couple Christmas things. We will have two decorated Christmas trees where people can put our gifts. The trees will have white and silver decorations to keep it really clean and elegant. And then my card box will look like wrapped gifts. Other than that we are steering clear of Christmas decor. We are doing wintery decor by bringing in elements like snowy branches, lots of hanging crystals, and white and soft pink flowers. We have more winter decor, but I will get back on subject here...lol. I think some people might think it is tacky because some people use tons of colors and "kitchy" decor. If you do decide to go with a full out Christmas wedding, try not to go overboard or things can go south. I would say stick to colors like silver and gold with white. And if you want to use red or green try pairing them with a metallic color instead of putting them together. I'm not really a fan of red and green together for a wedding. Just my opinion...I hope this helps! Congrats on your engagement! If you need any help with winter wedding ideas send me a PM.

http://www.liweddings.com/chat/p/2986941_1.jpg
tiffany-monogram-ring.jpg image by theweddingmainst
-The Blushing BrideCool

ammfms Posts : 1 Registered: 5/4/09
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 3:05 PM Go to message in response to: weddingbudgetfa...

I am thinking about having my wedding on December 3, 2010 in the deep south where I am from, however my fiancee is from the northeast. I was wondering if anyone can speak from experience and let me know if attendance was lower having it at that time of the year? I am just concerned that asking my fiancee`s family travel between Thanksgiving and Christmas will make money too tight and he won't have anyone there.

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: christmascrystal

Yes its fun. There is hoilday and all the people will get a chance to meet at the wedding itself.
pearl jewelry store

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 1:13 PM Go to message in response to: lesasue86

For those of you who want the holiday/christmas themed wedding, but are afraid of having it during holiday season when less people will be able to travel (or wont want to); or are afraid of snow, bad weather, etc; these are very valid concerns. They are the exact same ones I had. So, do what we did. Have your Christmas themed wedding in the fall. About a month before the holidays start. This way, no snow to worry about, and your wedding wont fall btween Thanksgiving andXmas. Plus, if you have a Christmas themed wedding in September, October or early November, people wont be sick of the Christmas season yet. Its so much fun. This is what we did. We advertised it, on the Save the Dates and invites etc, as "Christmas in October." That was our theme. So I got to have my favorite holiday - Christmas - mixed in with my favorite season - Fall. Our wedding was October 27th and we had a pretty high count for guests. If we had done it in winter, the chances of it snowing would have been much too high for my liking, especially in Massachusetts where 50% of our guests were traveling from. It just stressed me out too much to deal with even the possibility.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine