Website browser error - check your wedding website!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

teateaewebride Posts : 8 Registered: 11/17/08
Website browser error - check your wedding website!
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 12:24 PM

If you have created your own wedding website hosted by Brides.com, check it to make sure it still works.

I found out that mine is not working because of a 'JSP Processing Error - HTTP Error Code 500.' I am not internet savvy, but I googled this error code and learned that the problem originates with the hosting website's server, which is Brides.com.

Has anyone else experienced a similar error recently? It has not resolved itself within 3 days (in my case), and getting help from Brides.com has not been easy. Their customer service leaves something to be desired (this website exists to help brides, and this is causing me added stress). Just for fun, try finding a phone number on this website for live help. After submitting the form under their 'Contact Us' page, one gets the sugar-coated response, 'Due to the volume of e-mails we receive, we are not able to personally reply to each one of you. For immediate feedback, we suggest reaching out to online community by posting on our message boards.'

Ok, so I'm reaching out. Please check your website.

I shared my situation with my mom, and like other mothers-of-the-bride, she sought to help resolve this issue which is worrying me so (3 days to my wedding - when guests are going to be checking 'last minute' for details). She's awesome. She called subscription services and finally (after navigating countless automated menues) spoke to a live person and was given a phone number for website tech support. Progress! (or so I thought...)

The number I called is for website tech support for Christianity Today magazine, which in NO WAY is affiliated with Brides.com. Is this a cruel practical joke??

Again, mom to the rescue... she gets on the phone today and this time calls the Publisher of the magazine. Here is my mother's note from the conversation:

"Spoke with her assistant who kept me on the line as she e-mailed their tech department and cc'd the personnel/customer service people. I told her the whole story and she was very helpful. It pays to be persistent. She said they pulled up your website, saw the problems and Tech is "on it". She couldn't guarantee how quickly it will be fixed, but she is the REAL DEAL..."

My mom sounds optimistic, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully this resolves any issues other brides are experiencing from the same problem...

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
~ Native American Proverb

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Re: Website browser error - check your wedding website!
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 5:44 AM Go to message in response to: teateaewebride

Hey, i don't think i have problem with the server. And about your mother, does she always rescue you.
pearl jewelry store

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: teateaewebride

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45676.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: teateaewebride

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: teateaewebride

A-Line Scoop NEckline Off-Shoulder Straps with Ruffles Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom Dress
Save up to 42% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $188.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-scoop-neckline-offshoulder-straps-with-ruffles-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-32016.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine