The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

JosesGirl - if you are really stressing about it, have you tried charting your temperatures? Normally I don't recommend doing that (not because there is anything wrong with it, but just not something that I think everyone needs to do), but it's one of the few ways to really KNOW if you are ovulating yet. Even getting a positive OPK doesn't meant that you will ovulate, it only means that your body is trying to/gearing up to. Better than nothing, of course. but if you are that stressed, charting is something to try!

Otherwise...you did just recently finish nursing, and sometimes it can takes a few months for things to get back on track. Have you been on any hormonal birh control since your daughter was born? (I aplogize if you've already said this) But no, I'm not going to say to you that lame "as soon as you stop thinking about it, you'll get pregnant" because I had fertility problems and people STILL told me that. And it pissed me off to no end! But I will tell you to just try, as best you can, to take your mind off of things until you see your doctor. You might feel a bit better after than appointment!

I'm sure it's the nursing that has you goofed up a bit. Most people who got pregnanct quickly the first time get pregnant fairly quickly the second time too.

I am kinda worried about when we want to try for #2 (which we probably won't until Aaralyn is 2, due to finances/housing). I was lucky and got pregnant easily with fertility meds after a stressful year, but that doesn't mean it will be easy the second time. And I don't want it to take another year to get pregnant! We won't be financially able to try much before Aaralyn is 2, but I really want my kids as close together as possible. I don't want her to be four or give by the time the next one is born!

Anyway, enough about me irrationally stressing over things that won't matter for a few years.

Celiny - I'm sorry yours lasted 10 days. I forget, did you decide to go on birth control or not? As soon as I got my ridiculously heavy period, I went right out and got a pack, lol. My periods are birth control are so much lighter than they are naturally. I was debating whether or not to go on the pill again, since my body was so screwed up before (I thought maybe if I gave it a break from hormones, it would work itself out) but ultimately, getting pregnant too early would be more harmful for me than getting pregnant later than I want, so I sucked it up and started taking it again. However, I might only end up taking it for a year or so, to give my body lots of time to adjust before we want to TTC again.

But...isn't it true that a lot of women who have trouble convceiving the first time have a lot less problem the second time? Someone just please tell me that is true...give me some hope, lol
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Thanks for the input girls. Bird, yes I did start taking the pill again last October, but I stopped taking it in June because we decided to start trying for a second one. Well, my period didn't come today, so I went to the Dr. The nurse seemed a bit concerned when she asked me when my last period was and I told her Sept 23rd. I told her I was TTC again and she wanted to do a pg test....It came back negative, which I knew it would (even though a part of me was REALLY hoping for a surprise lol) but my Dr talked with me and made me feel better. He said that we know I am able to conceive (I've got proof of that running around my living room right now) and that says A LOT about my body, so we know everything is working properly so that saves us a lot of testing on both me and Jose. I told him I had just stopped breastfeeding in Sept and he said "Oh, well I'm so glad you said that! All those months you were trying while you were nursing DON'T COUNT!!!! There's a reason women in 3rd world countries have babies that are 3-4 years apart...breastfeeding is a natural birth control method" (which I already knew, but I also know it is not fail proof...especially when you start skipping feedings and start the weaning process, which is why I figured I'd be prego by now). Anyway, he checked me and did my pap, says everything looks normal and he doesn't see me having any problems conceiving again. He told me to keep taking prenatal vitamins, (which I've been taking everyday for 2 and 1/2 years now) just keep trying, and he'll see me again when I'm pregnant. So now I'm gonna try to just step back and relax....and we'll just start having sex every other day lol. I just hope my cycle gets back to normal soon!!!

Bird, I know you said that you won't be financially ready to start trying again until Aaralyn is 2, but have you considered starting to try when she is like 18-20 mos old? Maybe give you and your hubby a head start...just an idea. When the time comes around for you again, I hope you get pregnant quickly!

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2009 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Bird, Jake and I aren't planning on trying for another until Kaylin is about out of diapers. Although, by then we might just decide to stick with one child. Just depends on how things go over the next couple of years. I'd really like to be out of this house before we even try for another.

JosesGirl, good luck on trying for another. I hope it doesn't take you very long!
baby growth

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Kaylin update!!! I just took her to her 2 month appt and she now weighs 9 lbs and 21.5" long. Her pediatrician was very happy with how she is doing. I told her my only concern is that she gets fussy in the afternoon/evening and has been spitting up sometimes up to an hour after eating. Kaylin even demonstrated for the pediatrician. So I was told she might have acid reflux and just need to watch her closely on her spitting up for now. She also got her shots which sent her from just crying to SCREAMING. I thought her head was going to explode and I almost started to cry. Luckily she started to calm down right after but I won't forget the look she gave me when it was over. I do think she got even with me for taking her to the doctors and taking off her clothes/diaper by peeing on me. There's another first for me! I did let my pediatrician know that Kaylin has been caught a few times on her tummy. Her pediatrician informed me she needs to stay on her back until she's a year old due to SIDS. I have kept blanket rolls around her since she was born and she still rolls but mostly stays on her side or her back. So my question is....what more can I do to keep her from rolling?

baby growth

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: AmyDR

Sarah - Well, I'm glad the doctor said everything seems fine, and it was just due to breastfeeding. It sounds like you're doing everything you're supposed to, so I'm sure it will happen within the next couple months for you. I actually know a couple people who got pregnant with their first child, the first month they started trying. Then it ended up taking them 6-8 months with the second or third child.

Bird - I'm not on any kind of birth control, and Mick doesn't like condoms. We pretty much just use the "pull out" method, which yes, I know isn't really a method. However, we've been using it for 7 years and I've never gotten pregnant from it. The time I got pregnant with Makenna was the ONE time he didn't pull out. Obviously, you know with Oliver we were trying to get pregnant. I have talked to Mick about going on the pill though. His benefits kick in at work in a week, so maybe I'll ask me doctor about it. I also have a friend who gets the shot every 3 months. She swears by it. Maybe I'll consider that too.

So just wanted to update everyone on my little red friend. As I'm sure you all remember, last month I had the MOTHER of all periods. My cycles have always been about 40 days long, so I wasn't expecting it again for another week or so. Last month I got it on the 6th, and this month it also started on the 6th. Okay, maybe it's changed since having another baby. I've also always had heavy periods. This month is anything but heavy. It's the lightest period I've ever had in my life! Basically for the past two days, I haven't had any blood, except for dark pinkish brown when I wipe. There has been the smallest trace amounts in a pad as well. Another difference is I used to always get killer cramps and diarrhea (I know, TMI) one to two days beforehand. This month I don't have either of those either. They seem to have been replaced by a headache, and lower back pain. I'm wondering if it's just playing tricks on me, and I'm going to wake up in the morning and WHABAM! It's back full force. I sure hope not. I hope this is a sign of things to come. Maybe I have paid my dues by having enough heavy periods to last a lifetime, and I am now going to be blessed with light ones. We shall see.....

preview image 

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 3:47 AM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Celiny, I don't have much time to reply, but I did want to say that I've heard of some doctors who won't even give the shot anymore because of the problems it can cause relating to bone density...if you don't chose the pill, I have heard great things about the Nuvaring and Mirena IUD.

And I'm glad that you acknowledge that the pull-out method isn't really a method, hee hee. If you use it, fine. I just don't like when people use it and pretend that it's, like, 100% effective. Especially my one friend who has to eat the Plan B pill like candy because her boyfriend sucks at it so much...

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 9:56 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

I have the Mirena IUD and its been great. I still have not had a post-partum period yet though so I can't say what it will do for that.

But I am still pumping breastmilk for Faith. Thankfully I have it down to about 3-4 pumps a day and average about 35 oz. Its a far cry from the 50 oz I pumped daily when she first went on her nursing strike, but its more than she drinks daily so we are good.
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Amy, I recently saw this sleep sack that velcro-ed to the bed to keep kids on their back. If you are really worried, that's about the only thing I can think of that will prevent rolling.
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Hi ladies,

I had an appt this morning. My dr put me on bed rest. Hopefully I'll get working from home full time approved. (I work from home on Fridays.) My cervix is close and still the same lent. But after week 26 the cervical cerclage can cause premature labor.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Hey, Sy--Glad to hear your cervix is still in good shape AND that you're only 14 weeks away from the end and things are still going well. Bummer about bed rest, but it's good to know your doctor is watching out for you. Hope you have lots of books to read and DVDs to watch. I guess one advantage to bed rest is that now you'll have lots of time to read up on how to take care of a newborn, right?

preview image

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Hi, Ladies. I haven't checked in on all our b.com mommies (and to be mommies) in a while. I love everyone's pictures for fall.

As you all know two ladies in my department are preggo and two weeks apart. One is going out on FMLA this Thursday. The other lady is holding out until the very end. She works next to my office so I'm praying to Jesus, the trees, Mary, Charlie Brown, and the friggin faries that she doesn't go into labor at work. Who is the first name she'll yell? MINE!

Celiny (sorry if I spelled wrong), another co-worker of mine has never used BC in her life. She's used the rhythmic method for the past 10 years with her partner. I think the one catch to that is that her cycle is VERY predictable. TMI but they don't pull out. They just do not have sex when she's ovulating.

My cycle is terrible. I've been off BC 6 weeks now and have had two periods each two weeks apart. DH isn't thrilled about using happy hats, aka condoms, but he wants my hormones to be OK. I found out the hard way that I can't take synthetic estrogen.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or funny by my statements (rare for me I know), and I would like some general opinions/assessments, etc. DH has made some odd statements since I came off the pill. Examples- "I don't mind wearing a happy hat. Besides, it's kind of exciting not having you on BC anymore." Upon telling him that one of us needs to re-up our supply- "If we do we do and if we don't we don't, what's the worst that could happen." I must have gave the look of paranoid death because he then said "I'm jooooking." He'd never say that! He hates people who say that.

There's other things as well. I've been running a lot, working out, being super active, etc. He keeps referring to keeping my mommy hips and not losing them on a treadmill somewhere. I've been thinner before. He's never used any term to call me or any of my body mommy. It's just all so strange. I think the man is trying to tell me he wants to have a kid which is very unfair because we both agreed that if we didn't have kids it was fine. Somehow, I get the feeling he's not on the same boat as me anymore.

Help.

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mush--Does seems to me like he's trying to tell you something, too! Are you afraid to bring it up in a direct way? And if you're OK with NOT having kids, does that mean you're also OK with having them? But later, maybe?

Totally forgot to mention that I loved everybody's Halloween shots, too. All your kiddos looked adorable.

OK, ****TMI ALERT****. Stop reading here if you get grossed out by intestinal stuff. I won't be graphic, but I'm having issues, so I'm about to vent....

So, I think I've gotten to have one uneventful pregnancy month so far. Baby was fine, no spotting, hubby and I had even gone back to having sex. Yay!

But on Halloween, I started having diarrhea. No other symptoms. I figured it would probably go away in a few days since that's what usually happens, but I told my OB about it and she recommended I see an internal medicine dr. about it and get tested just in case. I thought it might be mild food poisoning from our Halloween potluck lunch at work that day, but hubby hasn't had any problems (we work at the same office) and I asked around to at least 6 other people in the office the following Monday to see if they felt bad afterward, asked what they ate, etc., and nope, it was just me.

So I have now had diarrhea for.....12 days. I'm guessing baby's OK b/c even though I don't feel it kick yet, my abdomen does change shape as s/he changes position in there. But the dr. just got part of my test results back yesterday and he said there's no evidence of a bacterial problem. He's waiting for the parasite results but suspects those will be negative also. If they come back negative, he's sending me to a gastroenterologist.

I've NEVER in my life had stomach or intestinal problems, so WTF? Why couldn't this have happened after the baby got here? Now I'm uncomfortable all the time, in the bathroom a lot, worried about what this might do to baby, worried about what Imodium will do to baby even though it's supposed to be safe, etc. I'm not even motivated to eat anymore b/c I can't eat my fave things--they upset my stomach. (No, I haven't stopped eating--just eating more boring stuff, like toast, bananas, rice and rice milk. And soup.)

AAAAAARRRRGH!!!!!!!! Anyone else have problems like this or know anyone who did?

preview image

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

BirdLover-
This might be a sign I've been spending too much time on Brides lately, but I had a dream about your daughter the other night! I was trying to ask her, (yes, ask a baby), how her name is pronounced! I was like, "Is it AIRalyn, sweet little baby? Wink at me if it's AIRalyn." Nothing. "Is is ARalyn like a pirate says? Arrrghh... No?" Baby keeps staring at me. Etc etc... LOL!
So if you could clear that up for me I would love it! (Don't worry I'm not looking to steal it, now I just have to know.)

.:Katie:.

Unique seashell bouquets at tidalbridal.etsy.com

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

Mush, I think your DH is trying to tell you something also. I think the best is talk with him. Is there another BC you can use instead of happy hats?

HappyGirl, I have the opposite issue. Hope the dr can figure it out what is and find something to help you. Are you loosing weight?

Tomorrow I'll go to work to talk with my supervisor. I'm hoping she approved working from home full time. I don't have maternity leave and I've been saving sick and annual leave for maternity. It would be very hard with only one salary.

Sybelle

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Sy, as of right now there are no BCs I can take. I can go back to the progesterine (sp?) only ones which do not give me crazy weight or any other weird side effects. However, they aren't recommended for me because of the cysts I am prone to get.

I'm not interested in a shot or any long term vaginal or otherwise rod or plug inserted into my body. I suppose I like the pills because I have control over them.

It's funny....despite having the most screwed up cycle, I'm ovulating the first month after stopping BC. No, it's not all in my head. I'm 28 yrs old. It's exactly 9 days after my cycle. I know my body very well. I have to laugh to myself because I'm the most fertile person in the world. Why is it that I don't want kids......doesn't seem too fair to people like Birdie and Happy if you ask me.

wedding ticker

10/3/09 5K for heart and stroke disease    2/21/10 half marathon for breast cancer 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine