Why we love Electra Cruises

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,755

Amy805 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 12:57 AM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

chrissybear! i saw you on your wedding day! i was touring the yachts with donna. you were walking toward the dock and i told you that you looked beautiful. i'm sure you don't remember, there were a lot of people around.

i'm glad everything went well for you. please post some pictures!

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

Of course we wanna see pix Chrissy Bear!!

Last nite my fiance and I took my parents to dinner at Villa Nova (across the harbor from Electra) and we had reservations for 6:00... we wanted to try the restaurant because we thought it would be great for a rehearsal dinner. We are definately going with this place! It's beautiful, great food, great service, and great food! The funnest part was we had a window seat and got to watch two weddings going on crusing the harber -- the Athena and Destiny were floating around and it got me so excited for my wedding!

-Laura... the future Mrs. Lewis

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

Just got back from Electra. We booked the Destiny for 6/11/2011. It's so long from now, but we will definately have lots of time to plan! I just LOVE our rep Donna and I'm excited to be working with her.

It was really quiet on the dock today. There were no afternoon weddings scheduled and only two for the evening. I guess Halloween isn't a popular day to get married.

Chrissybear86 Posts : 25 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Nov 1, 2009 1:36 AM Go to message in response to: Amy805

Aw yes i remember you Amy!!! I wanted to tell you to book!! but i figured i wouldnt be pushy! hehe

Edited by: Chrissybear86 on Feb 9, 2010 2:35 PM

BlushingBridezi... Posts : 99 Registered: 7/21/09
Posted: Nov 1, 2009 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: Amy805

Is this a troll thread???
-The Blushing BrideCool

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Nov 1, 2009 1:25 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBridezi...

Pardon??

-Laura... the future Mrs. Lewis

MrsWilletToBe Posts : 13 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

a troll thread?

Amy - Don't worry about booking so far in advance. We did the same thing. We booked in March of this year for a wedding a year and a half later. It's actually been great - I've learned a lot from this board and we've saved a lot of money. Our invoice is half paid for and the wedding is still a year away!

Congratulations Chrissy Bear, I bet your wedding was spectacular. :)

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilletToBe

Thanks Mrs WIllet. It's good to know I'm not the only one that had/plans to have a long engagement. There were a few people in my office that were really making me feel silly about waiting a year and a half. I don't think it's that long, plus it's more time to save $$$ so that I can have everything I've ever dreamed about :)

Chrissybear86 Posts : 25 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

Don't feel silly Amy. My husband and I ( still getting used to saying husband and not fiance anymore) were engaged for 2 and a half years. We got engaged young and knew we would have a long engagement. Good Luck planning!!! :)

MandaMurphy Posts : 68 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: Chrissybear86

I cannot believe it's been almost a year since I married my husband aboard the Newport Princess last November 22, 2008! I remember the same time right now but last year, I've been so busy finalizing my weddings plans. Just wanted to share it here because I was a regular on Brides.com - this forum to get advises from brides.. :)

I cant believe how much this thread has died down :(( but let me know if there's anything I can help your girls with!

www.mandamurphyphotography.com

www.momentville.com/mandamike

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: MandaMurphy

Hey girls -- just wanted to update and tell you all that I found a wedding dress this weekend! I'm so excited, and since I loved when some of you posted yours I thought I'd share mine!

document.write('Click to Close Window')
Click to Close Window

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilletToBe

i love it!!

LissettC Posts : 11 Registered: 2/3/09
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: RetroBride

I'm curious as to the personalized wine. Did you have the regular size bottles or the "split" size? And if you don't mind my asking, where did you get them and how much did they run?

RetroBride Posts : 16 Registered: 4/18/08
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: LissettC

For our personalized wine, we just bought Charles Shaw wine and made our own personalized labels. We did full bottles of wine and I think that the total cost of each bottle of wine with personalized labels was $2.25. It was very reasonable and it was such a hit with the guests. I just removed the labels and then applied our own labels. I then tied ribbon on the neck of the bottle in a coresponding color. They turned out really well. If you prefer to have someone make the lables for you, I found a few sites that would do personalized lables for about $1.00 a piece. Let me know if you want the website URLs. Hope that helps!

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: RetroBride

Anyone going to the tasting on Thursday?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine