Suitable dress for wedding in Tuscany, Italy!

Online Users: 1,367 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 4

CammiG Posts : 2 Registered: 11/4/09
Suitable dress for wedding in Tuscany, Italy!
Posted: Nov 6, 2009 10:07 AM

Hi!

I am needing help deciding what style wedding dress I should have for our wedding in Tuscany, Italy? So far everything else is going smoothly thanks to our wedding planner Chiara from www.weddingsintuscany.info, Chiara has been amazing to work with and has secured our venue (a Tuscan Villa near Florence:), accommodation for us and our guests, all our vendors etc, so I have nothing to worry about in that regards. But, I am having so much trouble deciding on a suitable dress. I was wondering if anyone has been married in Tuscany in Spring (we are getting married in May) and what was the weather like. I would like to wear a Charmeuse slim gown with beaded neckline, cap sleeves and empire waist but I am thinking as the weather might still be a little chilly, so should I have some kind of shawl with long sleeves for myself and my bridesmaids? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We'll collect the moments one by one, I guess that's how the future is done! Feist

Edited by: CammiG on Nov 6, 2009 10:09 AM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Suitable dress for wedding in Tuscany, Italy!
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 5:43 PM Go to message in response to: CammiG

Dear Cammi,

If the vendor your are plugging is all that great, then why bother with us? Ask her.

CammiG Posts : 2 Registered: 11/4/09
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Wow! I am little unsure of how to react to your comment 'auntofthebride', I was unaware that there were strict guidelines to follow when making a post, so excuse me if I have posted incorrectly, you must have 1000's of posts to respond to and I am sure there would be a few that wear you patience. Of course I have to defend myself a little... yes, I have spoken well of the wedding planner who is helping me with my DW and I will always speak well of anyone else that helps me with my wedding be it a business, a friend, a workmate or anyone on this forum, I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

In regards to my question, my WP so far has been the main person helping me with my planning & decisions and as you suggested I have asked her my question and her response was helpful. But, as in every case when one asks a question there are many valid reasons why it is asked... in my case I wanted to know the styles of dresses people who are DW brides wore on their wedding day for curiosities sake! I am a person who likes to be well informed when making a decision, especially one that will determine whether or not I enjoy my day.

All that being said, thanks for your comment, I will be sure to read the posting guidelines and decide from there whether or not to seek help on this forum.

We'll collect the moments one by one, I guess that's how the future is done! Fesit

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 6:21 PM Go to message in response to: CammiG

Unfortunately I have never been been to Tuscany but your plans sound lovely. I tend to be a practical person so I would probably want to spend less money on the dress and more on the travels and great food. I would probably consider wearing somethign that I could also wear to the reception. If you want to opt for a shawl or a shrug I am certain you wouldn't have any trouble finding something as they seem to be very popular right now. I would try looking for one sometime between now and Christmas as thats when you are most likely to find one.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:23 PM Go to message in response to: CammiG

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine