ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???

Online Users: 1,294 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 83

WEDDING2012 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/2/09
ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 8:00 AM

My wedding date isn't til 2012! BUT, I'm excited and planning for it already!

1,264 DAYS UNTIL OUR WEDDING!

VermontFutureMrs Posts : 34 Registered: 1/6/09
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE WAITING TIL 2012???
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 8:40 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

I am my date is set for 07/07/2012

wedding website

younglove922 Posts : 33 Registered: 2/4/09
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

We haven't set the exact date yet. We just got engaged on monday.
But it will probably be Spring 2012. We're waiting til I graduate from college.
even though it's a ways away(it'll come up quick though) you seem as excited as me!

WEDDING2012 Posts : 2 Registered: 3/2/09
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 7:35 AM Go to message in response to: younglove922

Hi, there! YES, I am excited! Already requested quotes for the wedding officiants (we're getting married on Daytona Beach (the same place i was proposed to) and we're pretty sure on where we will be staying for our wedding and honeymoon. Daytona Beach, of course!

I have my first bridal appt. at David's Bridal this coming Saturday.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Nancy

1,264 DAYS UNTIL OUR WEDDING!

FutureMrsBilos Posts : 10 Registered: 3/10/09
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Although not absolute, my projected wedding date is April 12, 2012. My fiance and I wouldn't mind being married sooner than that, but it will probably take us that long to save up! Not to mention we are waiting for me to graduate college first. However, I am thoroughly enjoying spending hours looking at wedding dresses, and venues in Hawaii, and resorts, and everything else I can think of!

--^--@

younglove922 Posts : 33 Registered: 2/4/09
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBilos

I'm currently living in Colorado where I met my FH, we're both in school here. We're going back to KS over our spring break. I know he's not ready to plan anything yet but my best friend and I are going to a bridal show over spring break. I'm so excited. :):):)

FutureMrsPrice Posts : 12 Registered: 3/30/09
Posted: Mar 30, 2009 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Hi Girls

My FI and I are also waiting until 2012. It wasn't our original intent as we got engaged in November 2007 but we've decided that it would be best to wait until I graduate. We don't have a date set in stone set seeing as it's still far off, but we're planning for early June 2012.

I find it hard to be engaged but not yet able to make any real plans without a date. However, I'm having a great time looking around for inspiration.

I'm happy to see I've found a few that are in the same boat as us.

ajs2012 Posts : 3 Registered: 4/21/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Me and FH are waiting until 2012! 7-20-12
Right after my graduation from college with a bachelor's degree, and (hopefully) after FH graduates from the State Trooper's Academy.

CupCakeMeg Posts : 1 Registered: 4/15/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

Ohhhhhh Geez! I thought I was the only crazy one on here without a ring and without a sooner date!

We picked the YEAR! After the BIG discussion, he gave me the year. Then with a little more squeezing I got two/three possible month choices! April 22nd; May 20th or September 23rd! Im not a fan of heat so I really want to keep from that, and "peak season" because its a lot cheaper! We are paying for this wedding ourselves, and we are currently 22, and 23 years old! We are both blessed with great jobs, but he wants to give me the wedding he believes I deserve! It makes me happy! I have begged him to run off and elope, but he couldnt ever do that to me or my family or his he says! So he truly is my Prince Charming!

I have been waiting for this day since I was a little girl, and the fact that we have a projected date gets me more excited then ever, and its still 3 years away! We havent told any of our family yet, because they are of opposite extremes. His family is like WAIT WAIT WAIT and my family is like! GO GO GO! lol! We have been together for coming up 6 years (on Halloween) and we have had our ins and outs, but we are back together for good! We live together currently, so its becoming more and more of a reality everyday, its so exxxxciting!

But anyways! I was just so happy to see a 2012 Thread here!

Congrats to you all Ladies!!!!

-The Dreamer

SweetSurrender Posts : 130 Registered: 5/14/09
Posted: May 14, 2009 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: CupCakeMeg

My FH and I haven't set a date yet, but we will be waiting until 2011 at the earliest, but most likely until 2012. We both want to wait until we've finished college and can afford the wedding we want! I'm glad I'm not the only one already browsing/planning!
"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

ashber Posts : 1 Registered: 5/15/09
Posted: May 15, 2009 1:48 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

I am in the same boat! We got engaged last October and we had a long talk about it all. The date that we will most likely go with it July 7, 2012. I have 2 more years at least of college, and then a year to get into a good job, and then he will get a better position. We want to be able to have a nice wedding and buy a house at the same time. I don't like waiting so long, but we want a nice wedding. Two of my friends are getting married this month, one tomorrow, and one next weekend. It's hard when your friends are getting married and you have to wait 3 years. At least it's worth the wait to have a dream wedding - or at least close to one.

sweaterpoorlyknit Posts : 10 Registered: 5/16/09
Posted: May 17, 2009 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

If we do things the "right way" we'll wait until 2012 as well.. that will be the year I graduate college. Hopefully things will work out for 2011 with us, though. But who knows!

PCCforever Posts : 1 Registered: 11/14/06
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 3:47 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsPrice

Hey! I also am waiting until 2012. Our date is 8-4-12 it is so hard to wait!!!

RiaStewart Posts : 1 Registered: 1/2/09
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsBilos

You guys are just a couple days ahead of us! We're looking at April 15! :)

jamiethebride Posts : 3 Registered: 11/10/09
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: WEDDING2012

There is nothing wrong with shopping around and gathering ideas for your big day. Just dont over-look! If you set too much aside for planning your big day, you might run into idea overload. You might see this and that, that may catch your attention. A couple months after you might change your mind and want something else. Whether it be a color scheme, your dress, the cake detailing. The options and ideas outthere are limitless. You dont want to overwhelm yourself.

Just be cautious.
Good luck :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine