The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

Celiny Posts : 285 Registered: 7/23/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

Thanks for the well wishes Rena! Joey looks like such a big boy to me. My nephew turns 1 this month, and Joey looks older than him!

Kelley - Brian is a cutie. I was wondering the same thing as Rena. Have you changed your mind about having a baby?

March - Yay, another boy. Congratulations. We were the same way. We had a nice girlie name picked out (Lilah), but couldn't agree on a boys name. Sure enough, we're having a boy. After discussing hundreds of names, we have ended up with Oliver.
I like both Finnian and Seamus. My husband is Irish, and we had Finley picked out for a couple weeks. I also had Seamus on the list, but my husband wasn't as fond of that one. I think I prefer Finnian because I love how you can short form it to Finn! Very cute.

Unfortunately, I'm still pregnant. Just playing the waiting game now. Feeling very uncomfortable. All I can say is, "I better not go overdue!!!"

preview image

March32007 Posts : 118 Registered: 5/10/06
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 11:06 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Great minds must think alike. We like Finnian the best, mostly for the shortened version, and my daughter, who will be 1 on 5/12 is Lila (no h in her name)!

I love Oliver though! It's not something you hear all the time, which really is what draws me to a name!

I hope we are not too alike though, for your sake. DD was 3 days overdue with no plans on moving out when we did a c-section based on her potential birth weight. I'll hope for a qucik easy, and soon labotr for you!

Edited by: March32007 on Apr 6, 2009 11:07 PM

AmyDR Posts : 452 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 3:19 AM Go to message in response to: March32007

Kelly your nephew is adorable. I'm also curious to hear if you are rethinking about having your own baby some day.

Celiny I have 2 friends that don't know each other but they are due about the same time. One just had a Dr's appt and was told she could deliver on possibly Sat or San and the other has an appt tomorrow...she actually already went into labor once a few weeks ago but they stopped it and put her on bed rest. They then decided she's far enough along that if the baby wants to come now then fine so she's off bed rest. But just like you, they are ready for the baby to come NOW!!! I hope none of you are overdue and if anything a little early. Good Luck when the time comes for you. BirdLover, I think you're next right?

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Husband & Wife

pregnancy 

lesasue86 Posts : 75 Registered: 9/8/09
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

First of all congrats!!!!!!!!!!! When is your expected date?
pearl jewelry store

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 1, 2009 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: lesasue86

Hey mommas and mommas to be! Just stopping by to share Halloween pics. Hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween!

Aliyah was Dora the Explorer...

Posted: Nov 1, 2009 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Nat - Wow, your belly is already starting to pop!

Sarah - Aliyah looked awesome! Everything was perfect, right down to the sneakers! Have you started trying for baby #2 yet?

I was actually coming on to post a couple pics of my little munchkins too! Oliver was a little monster, and Makenna was an angel.

preview image

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 1:55 AM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Three costume changes on Hallowe'en for Aaralyn...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Here are a few pics of Brian. In the first one, he is supposed to be a spider,thats his halloween costume, but I think he has a jacket on so you cant really tell. The others are of us taking him out into the leaves for his first New England fall.... Im in love with this kid....never stops smiling...

Kelley Lynn

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I'm loving the halloween pictures! Can't wait to dress up Dylan next yr.

Sybelle

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 7:27 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Lovin the Halloween costumes! Sooo cute!

Celiny, how are you doing since your monster period from hell? Hope everything is gonig well. Yes, we've been trying for another baby since June but I was still partially nursing until early Sept... so I think that was hindering conception a bit. However, I'm starting to get depressed that it's taking so long. I had a melt down today.... Jose and I both thought FOR SURE I was pregnant, so I took a test this morning and of course it was negative. I cried for a good half hour...which probably means my period is coming...hooray....

My cycle still isn't regular...my cycles have been going anywhere from 35 to 44 days and it's starting to piss me off! lol
I go for my annual exam Wed and I'm gonna talk to my Dr and see if he has any suggestions. Once we REALLY started trying it only took us a month and a half to conceive Aliyah. Does anyone have any tips or advice? (Besides the "just relax and stop trying" bit??)

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 7:05 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

I need to vent. I'm so uncomfortable lately. I can't sit for more than 30 minutes. My back and rib area are sore when I'm sitting. The chair at work is making it worse. Yesterday while I was driving back home, I had a sharp pain in the lower abdominal area. I was freaking out. It went away after lying down. When I sat down for dinner it came back. I guess it was from sitting. This morning I woke up with heartburn. Couldn't go back to sleep for an hr b/c it was really bad. I still have it. Tums are not helping. I'm so tired; I don't know how I'm going to stay at work for 10 hrs.

But I guess all this means the baby is doing well. He's moving a lot. We can tell where he is in my belly and see the belly moving. He is reacting to our touch and voice. We had been "playing" with him, lol.

Sybelle

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

HisQueenB Posts : 94 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Awe! I am loving everyone's Halloween costumes!!! Brides.com mommies sure know how to pop out the cuties! Here is my little farmer and her cow!

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: HisQueenB

Sarah - My period lasted for about 10 days, and remained heavy. I'm hoping this next month will be much better. I know what you mean about an inconsistent period every 35 - 44 days. My periods have always been about 40 days apart. I thought that might make it harder for me to get pregnant, but it didn't prove to. Do you know exactly when you're ovulating? If you haven't gotten your period, there's always a chance that you could be pregnant, but tested too early. I got a couple of negative tests, and thought for sure it was all over, but it turns out I WAS pregnant afterall. With a longer period, we end up having to wait longer to test too.
I would definitely talk to your doctor when you go in for your physical. Just to make sure everything is back to normal. Good luck, and keep us posted if there is any baby news to report :)

preview image 

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Celiny

Since my cycles have been irregular since I stopped nursing I didn't know exactly when I was ovulating. So I broke down and bought an OPK that you start testing with 2 days after your period ends...which for me was day 8 of my cycle. I started my period on 9-23 and started testing on 9-30. There were 20 test strips in this particular OPK and on Oct 16th, (when I only had 4 strips left) I got a questionable result. Half of the result line was the same color as the control line and the other half was lighter. So, when in doubt, get it on.....so we did. I finished out the last 4 test strips over the next 4 days, which didn't indicate ovulation. And now here I am at day 43 of my cycle and my period has yet to show her ugly head. I'm showing some signs of pregnancy....my boobs are fuller and my nipples are sensitive, I'm very run down and tired, I feel a little queasy in the morning until I eat, my body (esp my back) is achey, I'm eating everything in sight, I'm extremely moody and I cry over anything, I've been cramping a bit and I have a lot of clear discharge. I know these symptoms aren't exclusive to pregnancy, but i remember all of these signs from when I was prego with Aliyah. Jose and I thought for sure I was pregnant...my mom even told me today I'm either MAJORLY pms-ing or I'm pregnant. Yesterday (11-2) I took a pregnancy test that as I posted earlier came back negative. My mom thinks I'm just not producing enough hormones yet to be detected in a HPT. But I dunno...just getting so bummed and stressed out over this...which I know isn't a good thing. I guess I'm just having a poor me moment! Thanks for letting me vent!!
Knowing my luck I'll start my period tomorrow since it's the day of my annual exam...but if my period stays away and I can see my Dr I'm gonna ask him for his input on the situation.

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

JosesGirl - if you are really stressing about it, have you tried charting your temperatures? Normally I don't recommend doing that (not because there is anything wrong with it, but just not something that I think everyone needs to do), but it's one of the few ways to really KNOW if you are ovulating yet. Even getting a positive OPK doesn't meant that you will ovulate, it only means that your body is trying to/gearing up to. Better than nothing, of course. but if you are that stressed, charting is something to try!

Otherwise...you did just recently finish nursing, and sometimes it can takes a few months for things to get back on track. Have you been on any hormonal birh control since your daughter was born? (I aplogize if you've already said this) But no, I'm not going to say to you that lame "as soon as you stop thinking about it, you'll get pregnant" because I had fertility problems and people STILL told me that. And it pissed me off to no end! But I will tell you to just try, as best you can, to take your mind off of things until you see your doctor. You might feel a bit better after than appointment!

I'm sure it's the nursing that has you goofed up a bit. Most people who got pregnanct quickly the first time get pregnant fairly quickly the second time too.

I am kinda worried about when we want to try for #2 (which we probably won't until Aaralyn is 2, due to finances/housing). I was lucky and got pregnant easily with fertility meds after a stressful year, but that doesn't mean it will be easy the second time. And I don't want it to take another year to get pregnant! We won't be financially able to try much before Aaralyn is 2, but I really want my kids as close together as possible. I don't want her to be four or give by the time the next one is born!

Anyway, enough about me irrationally stressing over things that won't matter for a few years.

Celiny - I'm sorry yours lasted 10 days. I forget, did you decide to go on birth control or not? As soon as I got my ridiculously heavy period, I went right out and got a pack, lol. My periods are birth control are so much lighter than they are naturally. I was debating whether or not to go on the pill again, since my body was so screwed up before (I thought maybe if I gave it a break from hormones, it would work itself out) but ultimately, getting pregnant too early would be more harmful for me than getting pregnant later than I want, so I sucked it up and started taking it again. However, I might only end up taking it for a year or so, to give my body lots of time to adjust before we want to TTC again.

But...isn't it true that a lot of women who have trouble convceiving the first time have a lot less problem the second time? Someone just please tell me that is true...give me some hope, lol
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine